Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you watching?

+9
DaisyHypnoPeril
LazyAlex
Rainday
DoubleEdged
shirokami
Quartz Falcon
singory
DrgnmastrAlex
Hornofdesolation
13 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What are you watching? - Page 9 Empty Re: What are you watching?

Post  ZeroStormZZ Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:02 pm

She also sings both openings to Fate/Grand Order. And of course plays Jeanne Alter and Jeanne Alter Lily.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:37 am

Kakegurui (psychoface gambling anime) just came up on Netflix.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:39 am

What are you watching? - Page 9 PYaTdXu

I was planning on taking it slow, but holy shit, this is just so enjoyable. Already finished seven episodes.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:25 am

Part 2 of Fate/Apocrypha is up on Netflix.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:55 am

My theater was showing Nanoha Reflection today to my surprise, so I got to watch that. It was great, damn near every character got a moment to do something cool and the action was really nice. Can't wait for Detonation.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:58 am

ZeroStormZZ wrote:My theater was showing Nanoha Reflection today to my surprise, so I got to watch that. It was great, damn near every character got a moment to do something cool and the action was really nice. Can't wait for Detonation.

Oh shit.

... OH SHIT, THERE'S A SHOWING TONIGHT NEAR ME.
... OH SHIT, THERE'S ALMOST NO ONE RESERVING SEATS FOR IT, so I'll probably just buy my ticket at the counter.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:57 am

Nice! Yeah, I probably wouldn't worry about having enough space. My showing only had two other people there (though to be fair it was Valentine's Day).
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:48 pm

Just got back from seeing it. Damn, that was a thrill (at least once the embarrassingly cute "summer vacation" montage was over). But seriously, "I don't want to injure them" *starts causing SERIOUS vehicular wrecks and firing PHYSICAL machine guns* What the hell?

Reflection and Gears of Destiny:

What I hope to see in the sequel:
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:13 pm

Yeah from what I've gathered this uses the characters from Gears of Destiny but is adapting them for a new story.

Spoiler:

But yeah that movie was great. Feels like Fate was a main character for the first time since A's. The action was rad too with special shoutouts to the move Nanoha pulls when she grabs the steel cord while fighting Kyrie. And really I'm just happy to see the Materials animated after so long. They are all great.

Only thing I disliked was the end of the movie did the whole "You literally can't even touch the villain without X equipment" thing that I hated in Nanoha Force.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:19 pm

The wiregrab was FUCKING BADASS.

Florian sisters:
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:07 am

So, with Kara no Kyoukai actually watchable on Crunchyroll instead of being a $300+ box set, I'm gonna finally complete it, but I do have a lot on my plate as well as far as series I want to watch... Just finished Blend S(side characters were good, but main pair just irked me the wrong way), and Devilman Crybaby(Miki Kuroda best character!), so progress is being made.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:23 pm

Quite a few things have been popping up on Netflix lately. And of course, with me getting as sick as I did yesterday, I binge-watched quite a bit of stuff.

SAO2 finally got its English dub added. I'm glad to see that this series didn't get as atrociously dumb as the Alfheim Online Arc.
And for something made by the French, Wakfu season 3.

I'm starting to feel a bit better now, but I think the next thing I'll start up is Violet Evergarden.
I also get the feeling Fate/Extra Last Encore's first 10 episodes (because it sounds like they actually put a break in the story at ten episodes) will show up at the end of the month.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:54 am

And I just finished Violet Evergarden.

Warning: It's a romantic (do not confuse with "romance genre") and emotional drama, not an action series. And it WILL make you cry.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:36 pm

First episode of Cutie Honey Universe is out, so I watched that. It definitely feels like you have to be familiar with the franchise already since they just kinda drop you in, but it was pretty fun. Lots more on screen girl on girl action than I was expecting, and a pretty cool monster girl transformation in the first like 5 minutes. Some people might be turned off by the faces of some of the characters though, they aren't exactly pretty.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:42 am

Finally finished Flip Flappers. It was really great, standout episodes were 3 (of course), 8 and probably 12 as well. Fantastic animation throughout, some great characters, and somehow even more content for that thread Rainyday made about it. I'll try and post some stuff in there if I have the time, but I probably don't have the time.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:41 pm

Yeah, I've lacked the gumption to finish that(along with many thing.

Been on a anime kick, and finished Fate/Apocrypha, I really enjoyed it, throwed a lot of cool stuff that was very thought provoking near the middle and throughout the second half
Spoiler:
Ah, this weaves with FGO so well, especially the Valentines event.

But yeah, really enjoyed the ending too. I would actually love to read the Light Novel it was based on.

Started and then abandoned A Place Further Than the Universe... I know that it's got good reviews and everything but it's not for me.
Personal feelings about it:

Also started Made in Abyss finally now that I've procured a Amazon account. All I want to say is I knew what path this was taking from the artstyle alone,
That style...:
There must be some name for it...

Anway, they just left Ozen's place.
Spoiler:

Going to descend deeper tonight.

Also Aggrestsuko on Netflix!

So yeah, started this at what, 6:30, and it's now 8:40. Time spent, typing, looking for references, rephrasing, adding in thoughts that I forgot at the time, needing to do things around the house, along with distractions, and now you know why it's such a undertaking for me to post anything.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:02 pm

Heavens Feel: Presage Flower is coming back to theaters! IN ENGLISH!
Month of June, check your theater’s calendars; I found showings near me on the 5th and 7th.

Spoiler:
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:27 am

DoubleEdged wrote:Heavens Feel: Presage Flower is coming back to theaters! IN ENGLISH!
Month of June, check your theater’s calendars; I found showings near me on the 5th and 7th.

Spoiler:

I'm hyped for this Smile especially since after seeing the sub version. the viewing came with a small promo poster that i'm hoping to get Cristina Vee (Sakura) and Bryce Papenbrook (Shirou) to sign next month in Santa Fe
tilltherewas1
tilltherewas1

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:42 pm

Made in Abyss succeed in investing me in it's world and touching me in my very soul, even though I had been partially spoiled on what would happen at the end of the show. I am impressed by it and even though I hear the second season is coming(with compilation movies too?). I'm going to grab the manga ASAP. This show is another true favorite that is up there in my top shows.

Girl's Last Tour is also pretty good, definitely a good chaser to Made in Abyss, weird, funny, cute, and a sense of approaching dread here and there. Also it's yuri(lite).

After Girl's Last Tour it's Princess Principal or Kakegurui.

AGGRETSUKO was very good too and had me laughing. Would like a second season, but they did tie up things nicely.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:52 pm

I just got back from Infinity War. That was SOMETHING. I do find myself worrying at times that the people in Marvel Studios will go off the deep end like the actors and the comic writers already have, but no, they've stayed faithful to a reasonable point. Also, I thought I ended up seeing a spoiler because some asshole had to say something, but it looks like that was a lie, so I ended up avoiding all real spoilers.

I'm not one for faith in Hollywood, but I can definitely acknowledge a job well done. And you know, despite all the nay-saying about the Han Solo movie, I'm willing to bet it'll somehow still be FAR better than 7&8. I MIGHT decide to not outright refuse to see that movie.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue May 01, 2018 12:06 am

To be fair, to be worse than 7 and 8 you'd have to make something on the level of Attack of the Clones, and that's not an easy task.

I also saw Infinity War, loved it. Objectively it's probably a movie that's a bit too cluttered but I didn't care, all the characters played off each other well and there were some great fight scenes. Thor and Dr. Strange especially got it good. Also shoutouts to taking one of the most boring minion groups in comics, the Black Order, and at least making a couple of them cool. Ebony Maw could have carried a movie by himself.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sat May 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Supposedly, tickets for Heavens Feel are on sale now. However, the listing closest to me already says "Sold Out;" yet it was already saying that BEFORE they actually went on sale. And even the NEXT closest one (apparently there's only one other showing within 200 miles of me, and it's not the place I went last winter) is having errors showing anything in regards to that movie.
If anything, this is all starting to sound more limited than before.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Tue May 15, 2018 1:12 am

... So I was looking up old cartoons because of reasons, and then I remembered one that I haven't seen in a while, but pretty much made my fetish. It had nearly all of it, tall sexy amazons who used mind control rays to control men to build for them while the amazon watched over them(on animation saving floating segways), a ruling queen with her loyal and inseparable glasses wearing scientist/secretary, the female heroine betraying her friends for the lifestyle(though shortly after you find out it is a ruse), the same heroine getting madeover to look like the amazons and bossing around the guys in her new grecian attire(though mostly jokingly), and the pièce de résistance, a infiltration gone wrong ^__^ in which the villainess(almost) wins.

No you may ask, what show was this fetish gold mine? Well, I have two words for you.

Speed Buggy. Yes, a cartoon about a living dune buggy that's a sort of rip off of Scooby Doo like most Hanna Barbera cartoons were at the time(some kids, a talking goofy sidekick, the mechanic even looks like Shaggy which I think was referenced in Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law). The episode is titled "The Hidden Valley of Amazonia", and is episode 15 in the 16 episode series, and unfortunately it isn't streaming anywhere(legally)... But if you get the chance and like old cartoons, I'd recommend giving it a watch, just don't go in expecting to be blown away lol =)

While I'm here there was also another scene from a old Hanna Barbera cartoon that I could remember, it's maledom, but there is actually a clip of it online, it involves mummification and mind controlling slave anklets, and Galaxy Trio's Gravity Girl.

Also, both of these definitely aren't on Daily Motion... DEFINITELY
*ahem*
What are you watching? - Page 9 Mmmhmm10

There was probably some more stuff that I can't remember...

But I can remember the cartoon Jeannie, which probably triggered my love for genies/djinns and harem clothes, also had her get timed stopped and trapped in a bottle for the Scooby Doo crossover(also maledom =( )

Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Fri May 18, 2018 7:10 pm

Complete trailer-

Finally got tickets reserved for myself and a few others. Apparently there was some bad communication going on between Fathom Events and the theater chain that the place I'm going to belongs to; sales only opened up yesterday after I brought it up with Fathom Events themselves.

Also,
True Assassin- Patrick Seitz

I think that's the only major casting news that was an unknown.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sat May 19, 2018 10:49 pm

Spent a lot of time watching stuff today.

1) Guilty Gear Xrd- Revelator. Because Story Mode is literally just an anime. It was alright, but man, Dizzy really got screwed when it came to plot relevance. I do like how they finally went about confirming "family ties."

2) Nanoha the Movie 1st Project. Literally a condensed version of the first series, minus episodes 2 and 3. A few details and backstories thrown in that were never really there originally, but were nice to see. But if I were blind to most of the design choices in this movie, I'm not sure I'd be able to tell too much of a difference between this and the series. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it certainly did its job. Besides, it's hard to top Nanoha past episode 4, even in a retelling. Animation quality seemed consistent, though I don't recall the series having too many bad cases with that either (though that first episode must've blown through way too much of its budget). Hopefully A's will get me a little more hyped when I decide to sit down and watch it.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum