Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you watching?

+9
DaisyHypnoPeril
LazyAlex
Rainday
DoubleEdged
shirokami
Quartz Falcon
singory
DrgnmastrAlex
Hornofdesolation
13 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What are you watching? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you watching?

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Fate/Apocrypha's first half is now on Netflix. With English voices too, for those that care (like me, somewhat).

Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel's first movie in the trilogy has been/is getting limited release theatrical showings over here. My favorite major theater is having two showings next month, so I'll probably look towards seeing one of them.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Oh neat, didn't realize that the dub would be so soon. Seeing lots of new or unfamiliar people on the cast list aside from Patrick Seitz as Sisigou, which sounds like a great pick for him. And Michelle Ruff as Artoria, because it is impossible for her to keep a consistent voice actress. Kate Higgins in the Deen anime, then Michelle Ruff in the UBW movie, then Kari Whalgren in Zero, UBW TV, and the Grand Order OVA, now back to Michelle Ruff for this. No wonder Grand Order doesn't have a dub, they would probably run into this issue whenever a new Artoria version is released.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:01 pm

Unless there's some sort of union issue going on, I can't figure out why they didn't get Kari for some other role so they could at least get her on the schedule and have her around to voice an Artoria cameo. It almost worries me in regards to a hypothetical Heaven's Feel dub.

And Patrick IS in the cast, but not as Vlad (Ray Chase got that part)? That just feels like a waste. Listening to his voice every time I take a Support Vlad along, I honestly couldn't see a better choice, but I'll have to take a look at it tonight.

As far as the other roles go, I recognize all the Eric/kas I see on the list.
Jeanne = Anne Takamaki
Mordred = Futaba/Clotilde
Jack = Mash/Aladdin/Ryuko Matoi

Sarah Williams as Fran[kenstein's Monster],
Chris Niosi/Kirbopher gets around, though I haven't heard too many roles from him (Dezel the Wind Seraph in Tales of Zestiria); he's Karna.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:17 pm

Just finished first half of Apocrypha. It's going to be a loooong twelve-plus weeks for the next batch.
I'd say my biggest criticism of the dub would have to be some of the lisping. It's seriously not often that something like that can stand out so much that it weirds me out. Mostly coming from Ruler Jeanne and Archer of Black.

But man, they really made shit get real quickly.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:27 pm

Watched Gundam Thunderbolt...  I hate to say that that jazz is actually growing on me...  As for the show itself, it was pretty good until that fucking blitz of a ending where they try to fit way to much in in a effort to sequel bait.

Spoiler:

Also, FREEZERBURN! That is all.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:28 am

Got to check out Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel pt 1 Friday night with some friends.Very Happy

Good overall, but might be the last time i go to a Sub movie. Between being unable to see the subtitles sometimes due to the latecomer in front of me and the unwashed, mouth breathing otaktards that felt the need to add additional commentary in their normal tone of voice throughout the movies I can clearly say that was one of my worse movie going experiences.Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

But as i said, the movie itself is good and i'm looking forward to seeing the second part next year (Dub only though)
tilltherewas1
tilltherewas1

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:53 am

Recovery of a MMO addict, dropped after OL NEET cut her beautiful unkempt long hair, I will not stand for that shit -_-

Two Car, feels like it's going to be low tier with some strong yuri vibes, cute characters, a 99% female cast(the one guy's face is never shown and he's only shown in flashbacks) a S&M couple, and biker suits, which is perfect for me =)

Love Live Sunshine season 2, saving that for when it's finished

Little Witch Academia, GREAT!!! Hope the rumors of more seasons is true, as I felt that most of the characters needed another good episode to flesh out more like Sucy(and I would kinda want to see a love triangle develope between her and Diana for Akko). Looking forward to the game.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:55 am

Finished Ore Twintail ni Narimasu/Gonna Be The Twintail, that was a fun magical girl parody show. A bunch of the villains were huge bros and the three Twin Tails were all really amusing characters. Tailyellow was halfway to just being Darkness from Konosuba, I didn't realize that blonde busty masochist was a character type.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:45 am

I watched "Gonna Be the Twintail!" when it first aired. Fun show, shame that it seems it'll never get a second season. And TailYellow is a lot of fun.

DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:57 pm

YOROKOBE SHONEN!/REJOICE, BOY!

Holy shit, that may have been the best two hours I've spent at the movies in a long time (and I almost NEVER jump at subtitled stuff). And here's the thing, I already know some of the various plot elements, but I don't actually know how it all goes down. And so goddamn much happened in this first volume, DO THEY REALLY HAVE ENOUGH CONTENT FOR TWO MORE FILMS???

Last edited by DoubleEdged on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:01 pm

I don't know how far the first movie went, but the last section of Heaven's Feel is jam packed with stuff happening. There's definitely enough to fill an entire movie there.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:59 pm

DoubleEdged wrote:YOROKOBE SHONEN!/REJOICE, BOY!

Holy shit, that may have been the best two hours I've spent at the movies in a long time (and I almost NEVER jump at subtitled stuff). And here's the thing, I already know some of the various plot elements, but I don't actually know how it all goes down. And so goddamn much happened in this first volume, DO THEY REALLY HAVE ENOUGH CONTENT FOR TWO MORE FILMS???

We're not even at the halfway point for the scenario. Think about that. Razz
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:27 am

Fate/EXTRA- Last Encore
https://www.youpak.com/watch?v=-pW6m0zi3KE

After having sat through Heavens Feel part 1, I feel spoiled by ufotable. With this and Apocrypha, it's hard to go in with good expectations. A lot of people really disliked Apocrypha (and I can somewhat see why).
Speaking of which, Apocrypha is now over, so I'd expect the last half to be on Netflix before the end of February. Also, I'm starting to get the feeling Netflix might be partially funding some of these recent Fate series; they seem to have an exclusivity deal. Be on the lookout for Last Encore on Netflix about a month after it reaches its twelfth episode in Japan.

Also, what's this about a Fate/Stay Night cooking anime I've been hearing about?
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:10 pm

There is this cooking with Shirou manga that got a surprise anime adaptation. New episodes every month and the first one is already out. Its pretty cute.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  testuser Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:45 pm

A little bit of a safer link for Last Encore as the previous one wasn't working for me
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-31/fate-extra-last-encore-anime-latest-video-confirms-more-of-cast-staff/.125941

Netflix exclusive like Apocrypha. Also, cock blocked again it seems despite one of the previous ads( http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/12/31/paint-the-new-year-red-with-fateextra-last-encore-anime-spot ) showing female master for a brief second... So yeah, either total tease or they'll fit her in somehow, hopefully better than Gudako in the FGO ovas... I have high faith in Shaft as far as animation goes though, everything very beautiful with them, and they did this https://youtu.be/hyH2inDY9eI

I watched Berserk 1997. I am happy. I have mixed opinions on Griffith though. More research needs to be done(movies which I have had for a year but haven't watched, and reading the manga.

Spoiler:
testuser
testuser

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:55 pm

In my opinion, it's easy to justify what Griffith did based on what happened to him and how he was manipulated up until
Spoiler:
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:01 pm

BIG NEWS!!!

Amazon's "Anime Strike" channel is DEAD. And now they're moving everything into Amazon Instant Video. I guess a double-paywall isn't too popular ($5/month ON TOP of the Prime membership). If you have Amazon Prime, I suggest taking a look through it. I know I saw Nanoha StrikerS (A legal source? In America? Seriously?) and the second Rage of Bahamut series (didn't see the first yet, I really ought to watch it), and a whole bunch of other interesting titles.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:23 pm

I actually started watching Vivid Strike on Amazon Prime because of it. I didn't watch it when it aired because it really wasn't what I wanted from Nanoha and I wouldn't have been able to go in unbiased, but watching it now I'm actually enjoying it more than I did Vivid. It's crazy to have a season where Nove of all people is more important than Nanoha and Fate though.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:56 pm

I'd heard the absurd lack of Nanoha in that series was because Yukari Tamura had just left her contract with King Records.

Though now I kinda question why Vivid Strike is there, but not Lyrical Nanoha Vivid.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:05 am

Okay, first thing I'm watching- Garden of Sinners (Kara no Kyoukai?) I didn't realize this came out as hour-long specials. Were these shown in theaters? There's a running gag at the start of each episode about theater behavior.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:24 am

Yeah, I believe that they were all movies shown in theaters.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:36 am

Oh boy...

One of my friends turned me on to those movies when the KnK Collab event was on back in 2016. He's a huge Shiki fanboy. XD
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:39 pm

Okay, that fifth "episode" was goddamn trippy, and twice as long.
One thing I'll give KnK is the excellent music. It's Yuki Kajiura, isn't it? And Kalafina doing all the endings (that much is written in english).

Shiki is an interesting protagonist, though as for die-hard fans of her, it would lead to questioning just how edgy/emo they are. >_>
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:57 am

Finished Vivid Strike and UQ Holder. Vivid Strike was a great surprise, for being Nanoha without Nanoha it had some great fights and some pretty cool characters and surprising swerves. UQ Holder meanwhile was about what I expected from the Akamatsu curse. It was an anime that desperately wanted to adapt late cool stuff at the cost of rushing everything and losing a lot of cool stuff in the process. Some scenes also didn't account for the skipped content, making them basically nonsense because they need the context of scenes that don't exist in this adaption.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Okay, I finished everything KnK related. It's kinda easy to get lost when they shift the timeframe so much. And I sincerely hope that those 30-minute episodes weren't made for theaters (especially epilogue, that was literally two people standing in one spot the whole time babbling about souls). I might try Re:Creators next.

Fate/Apocrypha's second half will be put on Netflix Feb 9. And something else I've noticed- Maaya Sakamoto has had multiple major roles in TypeMoon stuff. Jeanne, Shiki Ryougi, apparently she's also Da Vinci; anything else?
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum