Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Monsters CYOA (Part I)

+9
Aggra
Rainday
testuser
Nightington
DoubleEdged
JksAccount
obviousagent
tilltherewas1
ZeroStormZZ
13 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

World of Monsters CYOA (Part I) - Page 5 Empty Re: World of Monsters CYOA (Part I)

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Mon May 15, 2017 3:31 am

Rdishon wrote:
DrgnmastrAlex wrote:I'm going to second meeting Lisbeth, but I'm going to stick with having Lina do recon like I mentioned in a previous choice.

Presuming that the scout is going to run into the mimic (don't know what else you'r expecting her to find that would be in any way damning), Lina is the absolutely worse person to send on this mission (on account of her being really, really greedy and all that).

I am not aware of this, having only seen one Slayers movie and not remembering much from it, as I watched it several years ago. Razz
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

World of Monsters CYOA (Part I) - Page 5 Empty Re: World of Monsters CYOA (Part I)

Post  Rdishon Mon May 15, 2017 3:51 am

It's listed on the character sheet.

Rdishon

http://rdishon.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Mon May 15, 2017 3:59 am

Ah, crap. I didn't read it thoroughly, then. And I thought going on recon meant that the person sent out would be scouting the entrance/exit to the cave, not going further in and searching. I need to pay more attention. >.o
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  testuser Mon May 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Excellent Bad End dood! Was hoping that the mimic was near, and we got a lovely mimic makeout Smile Still I desire more of them, hoping to see their hypnosis in affect.

Who would of thought that sending out Aisa might of avoided a bad end. I think we should still send her out. Just in case the weapons we have are cursed we will need Bullet.

-Rainday
testuser
testuser

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Mon May 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Thanks, glad you liked. Honestly I was really worried that people wouldn't like it. Mimics will likely appear again at a later time, after all their best use is in something like a castle or dungeon with real and fake chests~

One last question before we head back in time since it seems that there is some debate here, who will be sent to scout?
A. Lina
B. Asia
C. Bullet
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggra Mon May 15, 2017 1:12 pm

I would send out Bullet. (C)
As other said, Lina is greedy and could fall for the mimics, while Asia isn't
really suited for anykind of scouting.

Aggra

http://aggrahu.blogspot.de/

Back to top Go down

Post  Quartz Falcon Mon May 15, 2017 1:15 pm

Reiterating my choice of Bullet (C).
Quartz Falcon
Quartz Falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount Mon May 15, 2017 1:28 pm

I reckon we should send Asia to investigate, she's small and therefore sneakier by default.

JksAccount

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Mon May 15, 2017 3:09 pm

I'll switch from Lina to Bullet. Razz
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Mon May 15, 2017 4:57 pm

Reload Point: Meeting Lisbeth

Celtica had no idea the size of this cavern, and that worried her. There could be plenty of nasty things lying in wait to jump out or traps that this Lisbeth might have placed. Scouting it out would be great and Bullet would be the natural one for the job. They just needed to distract Lisbeth for a time so she didn't notice that Bullet went off.

"Lisbeth, could you show us your wares? It wasn't our intent coming here but we are in need of some new weaponry." she said, and Lisbeth was happy to lead them off to the magic swords. As they walked Celtica whispered the plan into Bullet's ear and sent her off towards the darkness.

While Celtica stalled for time by asking about the weapons, which proved useful as many of them seemed worth buying, Bullet quickly but silently moved through the near black darkness. "What secrets could you be hiding..." Bullet thought to herself. She found a rest area set up with a single bed and some various crafting tools and materials, followed by some chests unlocked but unopened. If her weapons were on display, what might she be hiding in these? Possibly just coins from selling wares, but maybe...

A thought entered Bullet's mind. Say Lisbeth really was a monster in disguise, didn't that notebook Lina had say something about monsters that could disguise themselves as chests? It would be better to give the things a kick rather than open them first. Not hard enough to break them, but enough to cause some pain if they were living beings. Bullet kicked the middle chest and with a pained groan it opened up to reveal a golden woman with long hair and plenty of jewelry embedded in her body. "Huh, a human? Not captive?" the mimic asked in a confused tone as Bullet took a battle stance.

Celtica had bought the three swords and was just chatting with Lisbeth when the brawler's voice echoed loudly through the cave. "It's a trap!" Lisbeth was caught off guard by this and looked around only to realize that one of her four guests had indeed vanished from her sight.

"Care to explain yourself blacksmith?" Celtica asked sternly. "I'm pretty sure we know the explanation. You're a monster looking for your next targets!" Lina added.

Lisbeth sighed before her face took a sinister expression. "I got way too careless here, I guess because those other girls were all such easy victims. I even had this amulet made so I could disguise my form." she said and striking a pose flames consumed her and revealed her red and pink burning form, her true form as an Ignis. "I guess I'll just have to do this the old fashioned way." she said, forming swords of pure fire in each hand.

Asia took a step behind Celtica and Lina, who both took battle stances as they stared down the flame elemental.

A. Send Lina to go assist Bullet, fight Lisbeth with Asia's aid.
B. Go help Bullet, let Asia and Lina deal with Lisbeth.
C. Send Asia to support Bullet, fight against Lisbeth alongside Lina.
D. Deal with Lisbeth together, Bullet can handle herself.
E. Fight Lisbeth solo, everyone else can go support Bullet.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Quartz Falcon Mon May 15, 2017 5:11 pm

Lina may be of little use against Lisbeth, but she'd fare worse against the mimic, so...

C. Asia would be the best ally for Bullet right now.
Quartz Falcon
Quartz Falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon May 15, 2017 5:14 pm

She's a goddamned Paladin. She can take the abuse long enough until the rest of the party can regroup.

E.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Mon May 15, 2017 5:15 pm

So, if we're talking about Lina's greed, it'd probably be a bad idea to send her back.  Even though she would likely be made aware of the fact that the chests were monster girls, there's a decent chance that she'll be compelled to open one after the fight's over, and just wind up as another mimic.  Asia would be a better fit for Bullet anyway, since she'd be able to heal and support bullet, in addition to not being tempted to open the other chests. I'm just concerned about Bullet having to be in close quarters with the mimic girl in order to fight, since that could potentially lead to the mimic using a magic item on her to turn her into a mimic. Fortunately, Asia has something for that, so mitigating any corruption should be doable.

That being said, Lina's fire spells wouldn't work against an Ignis, I think.  And Dragon Slave would harm Celtica as well as Lizbeth, so she's kind of dead weight here for the fight, unless she grabs a sword and starts swinging.  Which I think she would have enough sense to do.

Therefore, C.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  JksAccount Mon May 15, 2017 5:45 pm

So Lina ranges from useless to self-destructive in this situation, but given that gorgon is on its way, we should keep her by the door because she should be helpful against that. I think I'm in agreement for C.

JksAccount

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Mon May 15, 2017 10:00 pm

"Asia, go help Bullet! I don't like her being alone back there with who knows what." Celtica ordered. Asia wasn't yet capable with her weapon, but she was a very adept healer who could keep Bullet going. "Right!" Asia said as she ran towards Bullet's voice. "Oh no you don't you little cutie!" Lisbeth said and move in to slash at Asia, but Celtica blocked the attack and help give the healer time to move.

Following up there Lisbeth delivered slash after slash at the swordswoman only to see Lina swooping in with her normal blade and with a twirling slash to parry it gets out of the way. "Hey Celt, we've got a fancy new sword that nobody's using right now, right?" Ah, that's right. Lina's new sword and fire magic would be useless against Lisbeth, and her normal weapon probably wouldn't hold against such heat for more than a few attacks. "Be my guest." she said and tossed the lightning scimitar Lina's way.

"Trying to kill me with my own weapon? Isn't that a bit mean? Lisbeth said, acting like she was the victim here. "I'm sure that if you got one of us under your sway you wouldn't hesitate to use us. It's just being fair." Lina said, Celtica and her charging in doing well enough to avoid fire blasts to slash. Lisbeth did her best to dodge and repel, but let out a cry of pain as her left arm took a slash from Durandal, it's holy power doing extra damage.

It seemed that this cry was enough to get another monster charging from the entrance in, a serpent woman with green hair that turned snake-like. "Don't think you can get away with that!" the gorgon slithering through the cave quickly. Her words allowed Celtica to look and see what she was before she made the mistake of staring directly at her. "Lina, avert your gaze!"

Meanwhile, Bullet was facing off with the mimic. It was a tough fight, physical attacks seemed to do little against her but slowly the tanned brawler was peppering in blows to wear her down. The other, unfinished, mimics also activated, using tentacles from their insides to move around and lash out at her. These ones were far weaker but she did need to be careful to not get grabbed. "Come on, don't you want your reward?" the mimic asked slowly as the diamonds on her breasts glowed with a hypnotic light and she shook her hips to make an alluring rhythm. It was so very gorgeous, but Asia's voice snapped back into reality before Bullet could be in any danger. "Don't worry Bullet, I'm here for you!" she shouted, her black sword in her hands as she ran towards her. "Guh...thanks. Sorry lady, but some jewelry won't distract me again." Bullet said as she smashed a mimic that had been coming at her while she was tranced with her fist, causing it to fade away. At this point only the golden girl remained.

A. Have Lina and Celtica focus on the gorgon.
B. Have Lina and Celtica focus on Lisbeth.
C. Lina fights the gorgon, Celtica fights Lisbeth.
D. Celtica fights the gorgon, Lina fights Lisbeth.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon May 15, 2017 10:18 pm

C
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Mon May 15, 2017 10:22 pm

Hmm, hard decision... Don't want backs turned to either one of those foes, so C. That way Lina can roast the Gorgon and Celtica can focus on Lisbeth.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  obviousagent Mon May 15, 2017 10:22 pm

Got to say C makes most sense.

obviousagent

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Mon May 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Considering that the only reason why Lina couldn't get a spell off on the gorgon was because of Lisbeth's interference before the reset, and that magic would likely be effective due to maintaining range and not requiring direct sight on her target (just a knowledge of where to fire), Lina should be best against the gorgon. Celtica looks to be able to hold her own against Lizbeth in a swordfight. Lina just needs to watch the fucking tail. Running with C again. Razz
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggra Mon May 15, 2017 10:54 pm

Taking on both foes might be the right choice so I too take C.

Aggra

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Mon May 15, 2017 11:23 pm

With two enemies, it only made sense for the sword wielding duo to each take one. If they focused exclusively on one then the other could pull a surprise attack, and with a gorgon in the mix a particularly bad surprise could leave Celtica and Lina as statues. "You think you can take the snake?" Celtica asked as her back met Lina's, the mage looking downward but holding the fire and lightning swords in her hands. "Naturally."

The two then faced off with their targets, Celtica launching a Crusader Wave to cover her dash in at the Ignis while Lina released a powerful fireball that the gorgon could only half dodge as their tail was partly burned. In response, the angered gorgon yelled out and both her normal and snake hair eyes glowed red before releasing a laser beam that caught Lina off guard since she wasn't looking right at her and struck her into a wall. "You can do that!?" Lina said with surprise. "Oh I assure you, my eyes are a rainbow of fun." she said as she fired again, this time Lina able to dodge.

Bullet's battle with the mimic continued as well, blow after blow striking the golden woman. Though her skin was tough, her physical strength didn't match up to Bullet's and even when she got blows in Bullet took them, got Asia's healing and continued on. Bullet knew where she had previously struck her, she could see the tiny cracks. "It's time for you to die!" Bullet shouted as she rushed in fast, paused to build energy right as she was there in front of the monster for only a moment, then delivered an uppercut so strong that the mimic cracked and shattered.

The attack was heard throughout the cave as the shattering echoed out, both the gorgon and Lisbeth, who had been dueling with Celtica and was losing, heard it. "Screw it, this is too much for me! If Yuu's dead we're out of our league!" Lisbeth shouted as she launched a flame wave to keep Celtica at bay for a moment and got closer to the entrance. The two nodded and started running to try and escape. "Don't think that you can get away that easily!" Celtica shouted.

"Hold on, outside the gave is some nice open plains right?" Lina asked, and Celtica nodded. "Then you can leave those two to me, I've totally got this!" she said with a grin.

A. Let Lina handle it.
B. Have the party chase them.
C. Just let them go.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggra Mon May 15, 2017 11:36 pm

Really tempted to go for A and let Lina use
her "EXPLOSION!!!" Very Happy

Aggra

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Mon May 15, 2017 11:46 pm

This time, Lina's got it. Let her have some fun. A. XD
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Tue May 16, 2017 12:01 am

As much as I would love to have recurring foes, this moment was made for Lina, A.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue May 16, 2017 12:39 am

"Show us what you've got." Celtica said as Lina handed her back the scimitar and put away the Wildfire Blade. "I haven't even been showing a fraction of what my magic can do. Time for some real monster slaying!" she said, cracking her knuckles as the duo ran out of the cave and into the fields outside.

"Darkness beyond twilight. Crimson beyond blood that flows. Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows." the mage started to say as she raised her hands and a great deal of power surrounded her. "I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand before the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hand. Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed by the power you and I possess! Dragon Slave!" her voice rang out, massive magical force appearing in her hands before being launched out at the monster duo. The magic hit it's mark, and a blinding explosion filled the eyes of the party as Lisbeth and her companion, along with the entire area around them, turned to nothing but dust and a crater.

"Wow...I had no idea Lina was so incredible." Asia said in awe, her and Bullet joining up with the two. Even they saw the explosion, which lit up the entire cave for a short period. "Yeah, I'm pretty great aren't I?" the mage boasted.

The monsters were gone now and people would stop vanishing on their hunt for treasure, so Celtica was happy. The main thing to figure out now was where to go from here. Lina was probably exhausted from such an attack, and while the sun was still up that would likely only last for a few hours. She needed to decide now.

A. Stay in the cavern to rest and search for valuables.
B. Go back towards the woods to check out about that scream.
C. Continue down the previous path they were on.

-

Pastebin has been updated as everyone has gained a new skill from defeating those monsters. Asia has also gain another MP point.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next