Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you watching?

+9
DaisyHypnoPeril
LazyAlex
Rainday
DoubleEdged
shirokami
Quartz Falcon
singory
DrgnmastrAlex
Hornofdesolation
13 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What are you watching? - Page 6 Empty Re: What are you watching?

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:58 pm

Well, RoosterTeeth seems to have two show seasons. Right now, it's Red vs. Blue Season 14. Unfortunately, it's a bunch of side stories, so it really doesn't say what the hell happened at the end of Season 13.
Also running is RWBY Chibi. Different art rendering, and all happy comedy skits (now we know where the bright happiness went in Season 3), but there's really something awkward about their faces...

Anyways, as far as Try Fighters Island Wars goes, I hope it still ends up on GundamInfo. And NIRUSU NIRUSU appears again, possibly for a real part this time rather than a short cameo?
Theory:
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:19 pm

So... I just took the time to look up the English version of the first two episodes of One Punch Man.

Cristina Vee is Mosquito Girl.

... Enough said.

EDIT: ... Okay, not enough said. I have to ask, just how far did the original casting go with making jokes towards the enemies?
Vaccine Man = Christopher Sabat = Piccolo
World's Strongest Man = Bryce Papenbrook = Eren Jaeger
Mosquito Girl = Cristina Vee = Miraculous Ladybug
Almighty Beast King = Paul St. Peter = Leomon
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:51 am

Okay, those VAs for those respective characters? Funny as hell. XD

Been watching Re:Zero, Fate/Prisma Illya season 3, Masou Gakuen HxH, and watched-skipped through JoJo: Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency so I can get the highlights of the first two parts of the overall series, before focusing on Starlight Crusaders (I'm on episode six now). I've also got the Sinbad side series for Magi saved on Netflix, so I'm going to get around to that.

Outside of anime, I'm also watching this sci-fi/mystery series called Stranger Things, which is a Netflix original series. I highly recommend it.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:28 pm

Finally started Slayers Next, and ooooh do we have a fabulous villainess, Martina~ She's got style and is a perfect spoiled Ojou-sama~
What are you watching? - Page 6 Martin10
Though, she is pretty much the Team Rocket of Slayers so far it seems(fitting seeing as she is voiced by Jesse... who also voiced Misty and Jigglypuff?)

Tales of Zestiria X, I enjoyed the first 3 episode, probably because Alisha was the main focus in the first two, which was really nice. I'm wondering if she'll be given the same treatment she was in the game, where she leaves the party for little reason and with no fanfare, which really pissed a lot of people off( http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/30/tales-zestiria-producer-alishas-departure-party/ ). I want to say yes, but then again they threw Velvet in the intro so I have no clue anymore.

It's a real pity though, for such a heroine to be neglected so... She has such a great design too
What are you watching? - Page 6 Alisha10
Her armor is really well done and her hair is like a beautiful flower. Add in that she is a literal Princess Knight, and that's one hell of a combination. If I could, I would assure that she falls into a villainess's lovely clutches...
(Hmmm, a good princess combination, Alisha, Estelle, Natallia... I need a fourth Princess but I can't seem to find one, so probably Chloe from Legendia seeing as she is a knight... and that would give us a nice balance of spear, (healing)magic, bow, and sword... Though to balance the party out a little more I would probably need a dark magic user...)

Where was I? Oh yeah, but yeah, by the 3rd episode you can see the actual "heroine"
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2426276?tags=tales_of_%28series%29
TSUNDERE AS FUCK
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:56 pm

Love Live Sunshine! had an interesting little part that I wished they had a singing montage of. There's this girl named Yoshika, who goes by the persona Yohane that Fallen Angel. As Yohane, she typically dresses up a fallen angel(gothic lolita, fake black wings and black halo) and enacts the whole persona, asking girls and fans of her livestream if they want to be her little devils. The group decides to embrace that when she first joins and dress up as gothic loltia maids, and in their introduction say they are her little devils.

However, it doesn't show the song, it only show Ruby (cutely) proclaiming that she's Yohane's little devil, and Dia blast them for doing it like that, calling it little more than a gimmick to raise their popularity(which really hurts Yoshika's feeling...)... But damn, I would've really liked that song. I also dream of a reality where they kept doing it and Yoshika fully embraced her Yohane persona(that she was ashamed of) to the point where she truly embraced it and begins a idol cult to worship her and be her little devils =)

What are you watching? - Page 6 Yohane10
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2424376?tags=tsushima_yoshiko
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Tales of Zestiria The X is living up to that cross in it's title.  Episode 6(listed as 05 because there was a episode 00) shows us what is probably the beginning of Tales of Berseria, and the next episode is is going to follow it up, I just hope it doesn't spoil the game...  Most of the stuff featured you can gather from the recent trailers, so it seems okay. Velvet is so badass and cooooooooool~ Seres the Malak is also pretty cool and sexy. Pity she doesn't seem to be in the party later on, she healed Velvet so that made me really want to ship them(my need for yuri is unquenchable).

What are you watching? - Page 6 You_ca11
Sexy masked magical uniform girl X Scantily clad badass heroine, HOW CAN I NOT!
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:18 am

Gundam BF Island Wars is out.

Spoiler:
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:41 pm

Just watched it, wow that was AMAZING!  So much love, cute fun, fan service(mostly the gundam kind) and SUPER BADASS ACTION  thrown in.  That's definitely one of my favorite specials!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-12/gundam-build-fighters-island-wars-anime-special-promo-video-august-21-premiere-unveiled/.104230
I squealed in joy so much:

Also, when I first reported on this I thought it was a another season, but I guess I got a little too excited when it was first announced and didn't realize it was a special...  So, I'm a bit of a dummy, still, I should of know because definitely had OVA quality from the get go.

DoubleEdged wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Also, started and finished The Wallflower, which was okay for it's comedic values. Now started up Peach Girl and SAE IS THE MOST VILLAINOUS BITCH I HAVE EVER SEEN! She's a empty sociopath that goes light years beyond the pale to ruin both sweet Momo's life and love life. DIO COULD LEARN FROM HER.

Oh, and if I hadn't mentioned it, I'm up to current eps in Jojo.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:02 pm

I'm pretty dissapointed that it had a lot of the same problems that Try itself had, mainly that Sekai is the only one who can really do anything of importance in fights, but there was some good interactions in there and some rad new mobile suits. Gyancelot and Shia Qant were so sick and there were some awesome special attacks in the big fight, although I wish there had been some mini-boss type enemies that could have had a back and forth with the heroes rather than just be a curbstomp fest. Even the Psychos were special attack fodder.

Spoiler:
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:52 pm

Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:20 pm

I just took a look at Persona 5: The Daybreakers.

Don't know if that's going to have multiple episodes, or if it's just a one-time short special, but what it does is pretty much portray a generic case of heart snatching.

MC doesn't have an official name yet, other than his codename, "Joker."

... It's still five goddamn months away for us. T-T
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:43 pm

I finished One Punch Man and RE: 0096 Gundam UC today.

I'm rather disappointed that season one of OPM was as lacking of Blizzard as it was. They only give her a few seconds of a filler moment? But hey, it's a decent action comedy nonetheless, and I hear a second season has been confirmed.

Unicorn was fantastic, though I do wish there was a little more aftermath to it.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:09 pm

DoubleEdged wrote:I finished One Punch Man and RE: 0096 Gundam UC today.

I'm rather disappointed that season one of OPM was as lacking of Blizzard as it was. They only give her a few seconds of a filler moment? But hey, it's a decent action comedy nonetheless, and I hear a second season has been confirmed.

Unicorn was fantastic, though I do wish there was a little more aftermath to it.

I need to go to gundaminfo and remind them they haven't unrestricted episode 23(or 24) of Unicorn so I can finish that.

Currently watching Flip Flappers, which is a adorable and very imaginative, also a little yuri-tone to it.

Also watching the second season of Iron Blooded Orphans. I'm a little worried with all these new kids introduce that the focus might drift away from Mika & Co, but so far it's been balanced nicely in the old cast's favor as of episode 3.

Other than that I'm going to probably get Crunchyroll so I can expand my viewing since Funimation has dropped subs. On the bright side I'll be able to keep up with a lot more stuff for hypno content(and be able to catch up on all those yuri-light series)
What are you watching? - Page 6 Happy110
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:49 pm

It's weird, but I'm almost tempted to watch this.

Taiwanese doll puppetry. Directed by Gen Urobuchi.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:51 pm

Well, RWBY Volume 4 has started at this point. Actually, it's on its third episode now. The combat animation definitely seems to have improved from Volume 3, and their new style seems MUCH better with creating a range of facial expressions.

I also think it has my favorite opening theme for the series thus far.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Just finished Gundam: The Origin I-III, both dub and sub are up on the official Gundam youtube site https://www.youtube.com/user/GundamInfo
For a limited time, so if you want to see the origins of Zeon, the Zabi family, Sayla, and most important, Char, get going while the going is good!

Said something about the 4th one as well at the end, premiering tomorrow(19th) on Daisuke.net, PSN, Googleplay, and Amazon.

(Oh, and they finally got the eng dub for Unicorn 20 un-region locked, so I can finish that up)
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:37 pm

No time to chat about what I've been watching, however~  New Precure series looks like it could be quite promising for the corruption scene with animal themed transformations(last series(witches) didn't feel like it had as much art).
http://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articles/1612/26/news033.html
Lovely older look cures too(Cat and Fox(?))

Oh, and Flip Flappers 12, WOW that had a good scene of brainwashing and other fun stuff. I'll make a sighting for it after the Holidays.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Watch the first FGO ep a few days ago. In generally I liked it but I did have a few points of contention. The one that is lest spoiler-ish would be the art and animation. They went with a new studio that's made of ex BONE guys, so they were able to faithfully recreate the style well, however it felt more basic and less detailed at certain points, like there was a soul spark left out for moments where characters felt like they were pouring out all their spirit. I mean, it's good, but doesn't stand up to previous works like Fate/Zero, UBW(series), and especially not Kara no Kyoukai, though to be fair that was a movie series and FGO is a tv special. I just hope Lay-Duce improves as we go on.
The spoiler-ish ones:
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:20 pm

Rainday wrote:Watch the first FGO ep a few days ago.  In generally I liked it but I did have a few points of contention.  The one that is lest spoiler-ish would be the art and animation.  They went with a new studio that's made of ex BONE guys, so they were able to faithfully recreate the style well, however it felt more basic and less detailed at certain points, like there was a soul spark left out for moments where characters felt like they were pouring out all their spirit.  I mean, it's good, but doesn't stand up to previous works like Fate/Zero, UBW(series), and especially not Kara no Kyoukai, though to be fair that was a movie series and FGO is a tv special.  I just hope Lay-Duce improves as we go on.
The spoiler-ish ones:

There's been a bunch of jokes about Caster Cu's line of requesting to be summoned as a Lancer the next time he's called. As a Caster, he single-handedly takes out Lancer Medusa with a slight bit of assistance from Mashu, and he one-mans a corrupted Archer Emiya to a win that depletes his mana reserves. As a lancer, he fights Archer Emiya to a draw, helps Shirou and Rin out in the UBW route, and always gets a gruesome death. Yet in the mobile game, Lancer Cu is objectively better than Caster Cu. The contradictions between the series and the game are a joke in of themselves. XD

Also...:

All that aside, what you mentioned is what a lot of people have criticized the OVA for. It's not bad, but it could've been a lot better. I do hope we'll see more OVAs, as I'm getting the sense of a mixed reception to First Order. If things do proceed as planned, we'll get OVA movies up to the end of the America chapter, and it's really only until the end of the Septim chapter (Chapter 2, with Darius III, Nero, Romulus, and Caesar as main characters) that things start to pick up. Though the Orleans chapter (Chapter 1, since Fuyuki is considered the prologue) with Jeanne, Jeanne Alter, and Caster and Saber Gilles may make interest pick up, due to the link with Fate/Zero and the idea of Jeanne facing a vengeful dark half.

As for this current season in anime, I've picked up a number of series. Here's the list:

Akiba'S Trip: The Animation (loosely based on the game, from my understanding)
Blue Exorcist Season 2 (I'm really glad they're continuing this series. Watched the first season on Netflix, and I really enjoyed it. Solid shonen series)
Gabriel Dropout (this one I can highly recommend, as it reminds me of a mix of Umaru-Chan but with angel and devil girls in high school. XD)
Miss Kobayashi's Maid Dragon (Dragon Girl Maid, enough said, go watch it, since there's some cute shojo-ai moments and it's a funny slice-of-life comedy series)
KonoSuba Season 2
Little Witch Academia TV (Sucy steals the show from the first episode, as expected)
Nyanko Days (2 minute episodes about a high school girl and her cats, who are shown as anthropomorphized chibi catgirls. It's just cute.)

This is on top of watching Ao Oni The Animation (which is based off a cheap RPGMaker horror game, but is done as a gag humor anime) and Dragon Ball Super. I'm also waiting on the Ao Oni movie that ties in to the gag anime, as well as Fate/Apocrypha, the MonMusu OVAs, and I'm hoping that Queen's Blade: Grimoire will be more than the two episodes that have been released thus far. Also, if you want to consider it anime, I'm following RWBY vol. 4 as it comes out.

So that's ten series I'm currently invested in, and another four movies/series/OVAs that I'm waiting on. >.o
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  Hornofdesolation Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:43 am

Blue Exorcist is a manga based anime and the last few episodes of the 1st season are like many such episodes non existent in the manga.

Hornofdesolation

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:18 pm

I actually saw this a couple of weeks ago, but because reasons, I ought to let people know.

If you're going to play Gravity Rush 2, this might be required viewing.

The game pretty much starts some time after this ends, and there is little-to-no mention of the really important bit, Part B, other than a single sentence saying "We got caught up in a gravity storm."

Other than that-
Spoiler:
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:05 pm

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, the yuri and cuteness is strong with surprisingly badass moments and that shopping market scene was <3
Saga of Tanya the Evil, need to see the next episode, but that berserker face was good
RWBY, the season's nearly over, what?
Gundam IBO, taking a break from

Playing catch up
Konosuba, I watched the succubus brothel long ago after that fanservice hit the scene, now I've giving it a honest watch and it is definitely amusing with its parody/subversion), Kazuma is a bit of a big headed prick though but I feel that that is his purpose, thinking he's too good for this shit when actuality he is the worst one
Flying Witch (cute~)
Drifters

On the Radar
Gabriel DropOut, Lots of yuri art popping up, and if it like Umaru-chan that sounds great
Any shows with a all female cast/yuri (so possible Schoolgirl Strikers and Idol Incidents)
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Thu May 25, 2017 12:09 am

Finally got around to hunting down those Bikini Warrior OVAs, beside the special(where they are "cursed" and the Dark Elf has her way with the Mage and the Warrior with the Paladin), the ovas are two eps that are 5 minutes long. The first one shows the Hunter and the Valkyrie getting introduced to the Cleric, and eventually the Kunoichi. Since it's a OVA it goes full yuri with the Hunter going to town on her sweet Valkyrie(while the Cleric tries to sleep though the moans). Then, suddenly the Kunoichi appears, planning to "obtain all bikini armor on her way to obtain the legendary bikini armor", to which she unfurls her cape revealing many bras and panties. Also turns out the Cleric is more of a battle maniac with her hammer and is bad at healing.

But there's a nice Charm related twist.
Spoiler:

The second one is basically "The Emperor's new clothes", but with all the girls(minus the Kunoichi unfortunately), but wow is it a nice scene...
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sun May 28, 2017 9:49 pm

Well, it finally looks like Netflix may have gotten itself a decent ACTUALLY ORIGINAL animation (unlike the 3D crap, the butchered Precure, and Seven Deadly Sins; none of which are actually "Netflix Originals.")

This will be entirely based on Dracula's Curse. However, does that mean we shouldn't put hope that we might see the likes of Carmilla or Succubus, despite them not appearing in that title?
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightington Mon May 29, 2017 2:14 pm

DoubleEdged wrote:Well, it finally looks like Netflix may have gotten itself a decent ACTUALLY ORIGINAL animation (unlike the 3D crap, the butchered Precure, and Seven Deadly Sins; none of which are actually "Netflix Originals.")

To be fair, they've had Voltron which is only 3D crap for the mecha combat for a while.

I do wonder how much Castlevania lore they'll slip in... And also if it'll remember the 'classic 30s monster movie' slight hokiness to the tone.

Nightington

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum