Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F/GO Watch!

+7
Hornofdesolation
Quartz Falcon
Nightington
ZeroStormZZ
DoubleEdged
DrgnmastrAlex
Rainday
11 posters

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

F/GO Watch! - Page 21 Empty Re: F/GO Watch!

Post  DoubleEdged Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Congrats on your draws!

I better not hear the phrase "bad luck" from you ever again.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:09 pm

Facebook feed just updated.

Almost Weekly Santa Alter starts 12/1.
EKSUKARIBAA MOOOGAAAAAANN!!! *fufufuuu fufufuuu fufu fuuu fu-fuuuu*
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Salem Pre-Stream happening pretty soon as well for Japanese Grand Order to show new stuff. Hoping since it's Salem we might get Morgan Le Fay since she has a design and voice from Apocrypha and she would fit, but really it could have anyone.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:15 pm

Damn, I was certain that Londonium was going to drop first. >.o

And I honestly don't hope that we get Morgan LeFay, because I blew 60 quartz I got from rushing through the story towards Gramps. And I got Orion/Artemis instead. XD

Got a lot of FP for the FP gacha, so here's hoping I can get three or four copies of the 3 star event gacha CE to help me grind.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:59 pm

DoubleEdged wrote:Congrats on your draws!

I better not hear the phrase "bad luck" from you ever again.

Totally understood
F/GO Watch! - Page 21 Unders10

I wish you luck on your next rolls

Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:51 pm

JP Update:

Salem chapter (EoR 4) will launch within the coming week, and the (most likely part 1) gacha has already been announced. Bonuses for the main story for this part of EoR are for Casters. And no sign of Morgan LeFay, but the featured SSR for Salem is of an unknown class. Could be something good.

Aside from that, some news dropped on the Christmas 2017 event:

You need to clear Season 1 to participate.

Fuck me, more story grinding ahead. Guess I'll be taking the coming weeks (and a bunch of apples) to get through Babylonia and Solomon so I can make it in time.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:29 pm

No Morgan, but we do get Circe who is pretty nice. Nezha, who cameoed in a story thing ages ago, is also coming.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:25 am

That was Circe, huh?  Nice!

Well, you guys probably already know, but maintenance for the JP version has been on since 8pm PST.  And it's on an indefinite schedule, so this'll likely be a big one.  We're running at about four and a half hours, so it's safe to say JP players will be getting at least 5 apologems.

As for me, I'm nearing the halfway point of Babylonia, so I should have Season 1 cleared within the next four to five days, maybe less.  That should give me more than enough time to go back and do the free quests to get additional quartz and mats, as well as get some of my team up to 80.

Mecha Eli and Swimsuit Salter have been especially helpful during my grind through the story, as has Okita.  I can see myself getting a lot of use out of them for the EoR chapters.  Hopefully they'll be of help in EoR 3 and 4, as those will be brand new to me.

Edit: Looks like all they needed was five hours.  Just saw an announcement that maintenance is expected to end in less than half an hour as of this edit.

Edit 2: And it's live.  Going to roll after it's done patching to see if anything interesting comes up.

Edit 3: A 10 roll and eleven tickets later, and I've got Tamamo and Altera.  Orion obtained yesterday.

5 STAR BITCHES BE FALLIN' IN MUH LAP.

Just means I probably won't be getting anything good from the Christmas gacha in either version. But I think all the bad luck from my original JP account is being repaid by the decent luck in my NA account and good luck in this JP account.  Razz
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:41 am

After seeing Circe's art and animations I decided to roll for her. Used a bunch of tickets and a ten roll, got Nezha instead. Not the worst thing in the world.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:00 pm

Also good.

Just posting because I noticed a thread on the Reddit page that seemed to indicate that DW had extended the time for the 30 quartz reward for clearing Solomon. The thread's OP even posted an image as proof that showed that the reward was still being offered, and it shows four days. I don't know if this is merely the amount of time left for players to actually get the reward before it's pulled, or if DW actually extended the period out of consideration for some of the players who were rushing but couldn't make it. I'm hoping it's the latter.

That aside, I should be able to clear Solomon in the next four days. I just need these maintenances to finish up and stop interrupting my story grind. :/
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:56 am

Cleared chapter 14 of Babylonia. Got about six more chapters that require actual combat in their parts, for a total of 26 battles, before I get to Solomon. Should take me a chunk of Thursday to finish Babylonia up, then I'll get started on Solomon and clear it tomorrow. If all goes well, I'll have a 10 roll ready for the JP 2017 Christmas event, and I'll reach the qualification to participate.

Got 20 bonus quartz as a login bonus today, plus the five from the maintenance yesterday, so after some fights I did another "let's see what happens" 10 roll. Got Nezha. Let me know how she is if you get around to checking her out, Zero. If she's good enough, I may run her. I already have Swimsuit Raikou who's pretty good as a DPS/Buster support, so if her dps isn't as good as Raikou, I may just pass on her for now. My Herc is also almost at Bond 8, so I'll be using him in Solomon chapter (if the damage bonus from bond levels is still in effect and wasn't an event bonus kind of thing that only lasted the end of 2016).

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to who the welfare 4 star for Christmas will be. I'm silently hoping that it's an Avenger, Ruler, or Moon Cancer class Servant. Considering the requirement (plus DW making the story take place during/after EoR), it might be... >.>
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:05 pm

*sigh*

I gave in and did the Thanksgiving Special. Got Orion and Imaginary Around. That's pretty much it.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:31 pm

I feel like gambling....gonna use the mana cube tickets for a last chance for Scath and save my quartz for Saber's event

I'm still resisting the urge to spend money on the game. so i might skip the thanksgiving special 'deal'

UPDATE: Pulled a Medea (Lily) and finally got Fergus. Pulled a lancer card and hoped it would do the gold flickers like the lily did....hektor. *lament sigh*

oh well many next time

Last edited by tilltherewas1 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
tilltherewas1
tilltherewas1

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:44 pm

I also gave in and paid money for the guaranteed 5 star gacha. It's so scummy that the "bonus" quartz you get for paying counts as free quartz. I got Waver, so I guess I'll be trivializing the game on this account too. Spent nearly every possible quartz and ticket I could at this point and not a single 5 star aside from Waver.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:06 pm

Ironic. Guy with worst luck of all gets the best Servant until Merlin. Congrats.

Event is going a lot better than I thought it would. I’m already halfway through first bag and have the ticket, but I want to clear out the good stuff before going to the next. Already have the ribbon and bell CE trades done, going for their respective Chicken Buckets next. I’ll probably get through the five bags fast enough that I can actually take time to farm mini ribbons for Fou cards.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:19 pm

I'm close to halfway through the first one myself, and I'm 50 ribbons away from getting the first copy of the event shop CE. I have the same plan as Edged: CE then ascension mat, until I've cleared both out. Don't know about the Fou cards (I can probably grind for them towards the end of the event), but I'm definitely going to grind for those Serpent Jewels. Robin needs them for his last ascension, and Marie needs them for her third one. I get enough of the Seeds through playing the dailies normally to not really need to bother with them here.

Also, I'm running through Solomon on my JP account right now. There's a total of 12 chapters with battles in them (out of 15), including the final boss fights. I'm expecting to use more quartz to resurrect my party, especially with Goetia (that fight was brutal before when I actually had level 90 servants to fight with and being as prepared as I could be for him; this time around, I'm probably going to be using three quartz to clear that damn fight. >.<). It'll be worth it to have gotten through Season 1 and have a more relaxed time to clear the EoR chapters and build up on the servants I do have. Not to mention the 40 total quartz I'd be getting, and the quartz from all the free missions I've ignored up to now.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:08 pm

DoubleEdged wrote:Ironic. Guy with worst luck of all gets the best Servant until Merlin. Congrats.

I actually didn't really want Waver all that much. He's definitely broken but I was really, really hoping for Okita or at least Artoria since I never managed to get her in the Japanese version.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:44 pm

Oh my god this event is sooo much easier and better. Already working on bag two (got my second tix) after clearing out the first bag (really need that ascension stuff) haven’t pulled any new heroes but did get two of those 4 Star new craft essences from my quartz pull last night. I’ve got two buckets and two of the 3 craft essences in the prizes. Still waiting for Santa to be available

As for the event itself, loving it. While I still don’t get the bucket of kfc connection for Santa Altera but the story is hilarious
tilltherewas1
tilltherewas1

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:45 pm

In Japan, eating KFC is a Christmas tradition. I have no idea why.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:16 pm

Yep. KFC is literally the Christmas dinner of choice in Japan. In Santa Alter’s case, she’s also a junk/fast-food-holic.

And farming Fou cards is DEFINITELY something to look toward. I'm already at 4 Lightning Reindeer CEs from all this FP, and I only used a single Summon Ticket on the pickup (which was a Black Keys CE).

Last edited by DoubleEdged on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Haha crazy I guess now the question remains

Santa Alter: Original or extra crispy?
tilltherewas1
tilltherewas1

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:09 pm

In regards to KFC and buckets of chicken being a thing during Christmas in Japan, KFC had done an ad campaign sometime in the 70s or 80s that aggressively targeted the Christmas season.  Since Japanese culture and society knew very little about Christianity or modern Christmas (Christians are still a minority in Japan, but one of the bigger ones), KFC essentially lied about how having buckets of KFC chicken was a Christmas tradition in the U.S.  The ad campaign succeeded (can't get into the specifics of how, since I don't know), and for at least the past 25 years, its considered tradition to bring along a bucket of chicken for a Christmas dinner in Japan; I believe chicken is also more pricey over in Japan than it is in the U.S., so it's also considered a luxury, which helped along the appeal.

As for the connection with Saber Alter, in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, Saber turns into her Alter self by accidentally pulling out her ahoge (this is where the gag comes from).  She gets markedly more assertive and domineering in some respects, while also becoming less disciplined and more debauched in other areas, particularly her eating habits.  Thus, she becomes a junk food junkie, particularly enjoying fast food.  The connection from there is obvious.  Razz

Just cleared "Season 1" about 10 minutes ago, and got that nice "Epic of Remnant" title opening for the game now.  I'm going to work on getting the servants I use the most to level 80 before I tackle the EoR chapters, so I'll be working on both Free Quests (for quartz and mats) and Exp/Class Dailies before the 2017 JP Christmas event.  Got a total of 59 quartz and 12 tickets right now, so I'm in a fairly good position for whatever gets a rate up for that event.

Something funny happened at the final boss battle of the Solomon chapter: got the final boss down to 50k hp, where he used a move that would cause an instant party wipe unless you had Guts/Evasion/Invincibility up.  I forgot that, so they got wiped.  But I had one last servant left over, because I had put two level 1s in my party along for the Bond exp.  Here's the thing about this move by the final boss that is interesting: after using it, he drops to 1 HP.

Hilarity ensues as I use my level 1 Jing Ke to kill the big bad of season 1.  XD

As for the NA event, got a copy of the event shop CE and a bucket of chicken, and I'm close to getting a second copy of the event shop CE.  Just taking it easy at the moment and not really stressing about the sock drops, since those will increase for me once I start grinding for Gold Stars in the 40 AP node.  Once I get the last two event shop CEs and ascension mats for Santa Alter, I'll work on Bells again for the Serpent Jewels, then maybe work on the Dragon Scales for a bit.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:36 pm

Also guys, I really think this needs to be said-

Be VERY careful what you spend on this game. After the bullshit EA tried to pull with Battlefront 2, we may see governments try to demolish the entire genre.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:54 pm

I honestly don't think F/GO will be negatively impacted by what's going on due to EA's BS. Mainly because of two things that I've observed.

1. Japan already had laws regarding games with gacha mechanics, and how those companies had to provide the actual rates of obtaining certain rarities of units/characters in any one game. There is similar legislation regarding this in the U.S. as well (don't know about Canada, but they've probably already done this too). Chances are that if two of the biggest electronic gaming markets already have legislation policing this, then the EU and other countries where electronic gaming is part of the economy and society will likely already have them in place as well.

2. The types of games that are being focused on by governments around the world are games that already come with a price tag and that utilize microtransactions in a lootbox-style way. Fate/Grand Order does not fall into this, and the proposed legislation is targeted predominantly at triple-A game publishers like EA, Activision, and Ubisoft. Furthermore, it is the policy of re-tooling the numbers in these triple-A games to accommodate lootbox mechanics to make a huge profit on something really cheap to implement that are the problem in question, since doing so can be argued as a direct external compulsory effort by the publisher to get more money out of the player/consumer. Which, as far as I am aware, is not only poor business that makes your base pissed off at you, but also illegal.

In addition, F/GO makes all of its money off of optional purchases, so they have to work with policy and distributors ahead of time to work out a model that is profitable but not abusive (because if it's considered abusive, then their chance of failure is almost certain). I think that's why F/GO went from 4/40 quartz per roll/10 roll to 3/30, and provided content that afforded players the opportunity to earn more quartz outside of log in rewards.

So I don't think F/GO is in trouble. However, games like Overwatch, which players do pay for to play and utilize lootbox mechanics (but in a way that doesn't impact gameplay beyond aesthetics) are at greater risk. Personally, I'd be more worried about games like Overwatch than f2p mobile games with optional payment packages for its gacha mechanics. That's not to say we shouldn't be aware of the possibility that mobile games like F/GO, FE:H, or GranBlue could be targeted. But we shouldn't panic unless we reach that situation.

Now, if you're talking about just warning people to not spend beyond their means on F/GO, then I whole-heartedly agree. Only spend what you can afford. If you're the kind of person who knows that they could make impulsive decisions or purchases when playing, limit how much you spend, or don't buy anything at all. If you or someone you know has shown themselves to be compulsive in buying quartz and using it on rolls, or possibly has a gambling addiciton, stop playing immediately.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:33 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0KxNfL1Ip8

OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDD@!!

New class confirmed: Foreigner class. Potentially linked to either Lovecraftian lore, or is just a class specifically set up for Servants whose power or origins come from outside of Earth (and thus are foreign to the Throne of Heroes/Grail/Root). Strong against Berserkers, weak to Alter Ego. If this class gets more play in "Season 2", it'll be a giant middle finger to the Berserker meta comp.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum