Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F/GO Watch!

+7
Hornofdesolation
Quartz Falcon
Nightington
ZeroStormZZ
DoubleEdged
DrgnmastrAlex
Rainday
11 posters

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down

F/GO Watch! Empty F/GO Watch!

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:12 pm

Since there's an Exvius thread in this area of the forum, I decided "Why the hell not?", and started a general topic thread for Fate/Grand Order.  A few of us do play it (myself included), and I frequent the F/GO subreddit enough to keep up to date with news regarding the game.  So I'll pass anything I learn down to you!  (And others are free to join in as well, if they get wind of it before I do).

With that out of the way, there's going to be some maintenance at 10pm PST that'll last for three hours.  Why?  An event to fill in time before the Halloween event, of course!  What event is it?

Well, Saber Nero Claudius is holding her Olympics again, and it's starting tomorrow.  So expect more fights, more material drops, more of Nero saying "Umu", and more salt over not being able to get Nero Bride a second time.  For those unaware, Bride is a limited 5 star that first came out during Valentine's (which was a source of much salt for me), and is actually a good single target NP Saber.  Plus, she's also really fan-servicey.  So now I'll waste time and cause myself emotional turmoil trying to get her again!

Also, there's a possibility that rolling Nero Bride also nets you Ozymandias (or at least Ozymandias is a secret 5 star rate-up), a 5 star Rider who's also pretty good.  What's so special about him?  Well, the VA for Ozy in F/GO is the same for Dio from JoJo Part 1 and Part 3.

If you're interested in knowing more, here's a link to the F/GO subreddit thread discussion about the event.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/54plkl/nero_festival_2016_autumn/
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

F/GO Watch! Empty Re: F/GO Watch!

Post  ZeroStormZZ Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:45 pm

Unfortunately with the super death of emulators thanks to enhanced security I'm currently out of the game, which is a shame because these special boss fights are looking like a lot of fun. Herc with 11 revives, instant death Hassan army, definitely would have loved to try going against them. At least I'm not missing out on another free servant like Kuro yet though.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:41 am

This year's new Halloween event is starting in a day and with it comes a few new servants. First off is the free servant you can obtain by just doing the event, a new Saber version of Elizabeth Bathroy. Her outfit is very clearly inspired by Dragon Quest.

F/GO Watch! 4epxQPA

Then there's also 4 star Lancer Vlad the Impaler from Fate/Extra (Not to be confused with the Dracula based Vlad from Fate/Apocrypha) and he is cool, but my personal favorite from the new servants is Assassin Cleopatra. She's certainly not what I was expecting design wise but she is very stylish and I love her look. Also drawn by the artist who does Danganronpa, and I loved the previous servant he did Edmond Dantes/The Count of Monte Cristo.

F/GO Watch! UNO2Iv3
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:37 pm

I love Saber Elizabeth~! Definitely gives off that Soldieress vibe, but adds a little more flair with the cloth =)

As for Cleopatra, not the traditional egyptian beauty, more of a modern day aesthetic, and the skin color does match the more "historically accurate" one considering her bloodline.  However it still catches a egyptian vibe and she is definitely a long haired beauty to be sure, and on top of that Rui Komatsuzaki can draw them sexy~

Fanart is already popping up with her, so hopefully we'll get some yuri with her and female pc.
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=cleopatra_%28fate%2Fgrand_order%29
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:03 am

Funny enough, there's a mixed reaction to Cleo on the F/GO subreddit. Some are fine and enjoy the more modern design, cracking jokes on how she looks like Mikan from Dangan 2, and others are irked that she doesn't have Egyptian-styled attire.

Also, there's been some fan art of Carmilla (who in-game is a more matured possible future self of Liz, stemming from the fact that Carmilla is based loosely on Bathory) in Hero Liz's outfit. But the kicker is Mashu in a very...revealing Halloween Cat-style outfit. o/////o

The 5 star Craft Essence in the Hero Liz event gacha has Halloween Cat Mashu featured on it. I'm rolling in that gacha specifically for that CE. I won't post the image here, due to the nosebleed factor, but you can probably find it on danbooru/gelbooru easily enough using the Fate/Grand Order tag. >.>
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:14 pm

So yeah, didn't get Cleo yet (probably not going to be able to anyway, considering my luck), but I did get two copies of the Lewd Kitty Mashu craft essence (essentially equip cards that boost your servants and give them buffs, for those of you who don't play but are curious.).

That's not why I'm here though.  First and foremost, a head's up about events ending: the Halloween 2015 re-release event ends in three hours, so if you haven't gotten your Caster Liz, or maxed out her Noble Phantasm, or gotten her ascension mats, or any of the CEs and ascension/skill materials in the shop, do so quickly.  The Halloween 2016 event with Liz Brave has a week left before it ends, so wrap things up promptly when you have a moment.

Second, I was talking with some RL friends who play F/GO, and discussion came to the Nico Nico stream that's coming up soon.  They've got the voice actresses for Elizabeth Bathory, Nero, Altera (Atilla the Hun), and the new VA for Mashu on this coming stream, and considering that Fate/Extella is coming out soon in Japan (its release in the West got pushed to 2017, sadly), it's likely that there'll be another collab event coinciding with Extella.  If/when that is confirmed, I'll make an edit of this post, unless there's enough info that requires a separate post.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:38 pm

I definitely expect an Extella event and if I had to guess, Attila will get an animation update so she isn't still using the generic Saber animations and Archimedes will be added to the game. Not sure what else, maybe animation update for Liz or Emiya.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:13 am

ZeroStormZZ wrote:I definitely expect an Extella event and if I had to guess, Attila will get an animation update so she isn't still using the generic Saber animations and Archimedes will be added to the game. Not sure what else, maybe animation update for Liz or Emiya.

Speculation time!

An Emiya and Liz animation update is likely (they both need it, and something similar has been done prior to the Fate/Zero event where Arturia and Gil got new character sprites and animations), same with Attila (and maybe Tamamo, but we'll see).  Archimedes would be cool to have as a Limited servant for the event, though that would mean I'm never getting him, lol.

They'll probably do a rate-up for everyone who's in Extella as well (that being Karna, Attila, Gilgamesh, Arturia, Jeanne, Tamamo, Liz, Emiya, Medusa, Lu Bu, and Iskandar).  In fact, I think that they're more likely to bring in Gilgamesh and Iskandar as the main draw for the event gacha, as they're also Limited servants.  Gil is trotted out every so often, like Scathach, but Iskandar only had one run on the limited gacha during the Fate/Zero collab event.  He's going off the Limited list when the Babylon chapter comes out (which is likely to be at the end of this year or early next year), so DelightWorks would likely trot him out too for a quick cash grab.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:32 pm

New news!

First, Fate/Grand Order is getting an anime series.

http://anime.fate-go.jp/

Second, the Fate/Extella event is on, and it's mostly just a couple of battles you can do for a special Craft Essence and Code (outfits that give you, the player, spells that you can use during battle) that tie in with Extella and Extra. There's also a second special CE that you can get for free, with six different characters (they all have the same effect, though, so it's just picking artwork that you want for the CE). Other than that, there's a rate-up gacha for all the servants that appear in Fate/Extra and Fate/Extella. Sadly, no Gilgamesh or Iskandar. Altera and Emiya did get animation updates, like previously speculated, and Altera got another interlude (little side-story stuff that triggers when you get a certain level of bond points, or ascend them to a certain level, and you can get power-ups to skills/Noble Phantasms for that servant or some quartz as a reward).

Third, upcoming events. It seems that, like the Halloween 2015 Repeat event, Christmas 2015 will get a repeat. A 2016 Christmas event is also planned, and more details will be released about that soon. Finally, Chapter 7 of the game's story mode will be released sometime in December, which means we've got about a month before the Babylon chapter. Considering when the London chapter got released last year, and that we've got two Christmas events planned, I'm thinking Babylon will be out early December.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:00 pm

FUCK, male MC, god damnit! Just freaking once I would like to see an game adaptation choose the female protagonist >_< Yes I am super bitter over this!
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:41 pm

Just like with the Extra anime, them picking the male protagonist was inevitable. At least the voice actor they picked is really cool (He voices Arjuna and Edmund Dantes, and plays the game himself) and the female protagonist gets those fantastic comics. I would have preferred her in the anime too though.

And then Extella event is basically what was expected, although I'm a little surprised at no Archimedes. I guess he's just too new. Emiya's animation updates are wonderful and hype for Babylon. No clue who will show up there beyond Ishtar (Rin), Enkidu, the mysterious Caster Gilgamesh from the datamine leak and probably Mother Harlot (Nero). Maybe Parvati (Sakura) too since Rin will likely show up..
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:06 am

Rainday wrote:FUCK, male MC, god damnit!  Just freaking once I would like to see an game adaptation choose the female protagonist >_<  Yes I am super bitter over this!

Yeah, I was sort of disappointed with that decision too. ...though it's more for the reasons that the F/GO comic has the female protagonist as a complete trolling shit. XD

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2513146?pool_id=10385

(This...is how the madness begins...)

Glad to hear that the VA for the protag has played and done work for the game before. It's a good sign. As for the Extella event, I was honestly not expecting Archimedes. Between the Summer event, the Illya event, the second Jeanne Alter rate-up for the 700 million DL, Nero Bride getting a second rate-up for the second Nero Olympics event, and Cleo and Vlad Extra being limited servants for the 2016 Halloween event, there needs to be a break from limited servant gachas. DW at least knows that they can't sponge off their whales too long. Razz

In regards to the Babylon chapter, speculation on Iskandar coming out of limited status and being put into the story gacha pool has been going on for months. And Rin Ishtar, Sakura Parvati, Enkidu, Caster Gil, and Mother Harlot have been speculated as well, like you've mentioned. We probably won't know until the end of this month. Apparently, there's going to be some coverage of F/GO in December's Comptiq covering events of that month. I would be somewhat surprised if they made either Caster Gil (if he's released) or Gilgamesh a part of the story gacha pool as well. There's likely to be at least eight new servants with Chapter 7's release, so if Enkidu, Caster Gil, and Iskandar are going to be in it, then we'll likely see another 5+ servants between 3 star and 5 star released alongside of them. Chances are good that we'll get one of the others found in that data leak.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:24 pm

This year's Christmas event is coming and with it a few new servants. First off is the free servant, Jeanne Alter Santa Lily-
F/GO Watch! FPfXSRv
I feel like this is an Artoria joke since Lancer, Alter, Lily and Santa are all the modifiers that she has gotten in this game and now Jeanne has all of them at once. Either way, I think this is a fun addition since Jeanne Alter is great and a free Lancer at last is cool.
F/GO Watch! AuS4TXQ
And then the 5 star being added in Ishtar, who just like the leaks implied is a demiservant version of Rin. I'm very interested to see how much of her personality is Rin and how much is Ishtar along with getting some interactions with Archer and Gilgamesh. Nice outfit as well.

And then just as a bonus here's a nice Jeanne Alter CE
F/GO Watch! 7bJTtB1
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:19 pm

I dropped the ball again on reporting.  Then again, I've been busy with the lead up to finals and Thanksgiving.  Razz

Thanks for taking care of this, though.  The game finally gives a Welfare 4 star Lancer, and I do like how cute Jalter Santa Lily is.  There's been an explosion of fan art with her since the announcement a few days ago, some of it adorable (and some...well, makes me want to get a hold of Chris Hansen).

And again, I'll probably never get another Limited for this gacha.  Ishtar Rin looks fun, but considering my luck, I might as well resign myself to never getting her.  At least the 5 star CE listed there is an event CE that you don't need to roll in the gacha for (though you'll need to grind material drops to buy all the available copies).

The Christmas 2016 event is structured virtually the same as the 2015 one, and it runs from November 28th to December 8th (again, Japan time, so those of you in the U.S., time it around 17-20 hours behind Japan.  Don't know the exact time zone for Europe in reference to how behind it is with Japan, so I can't help there.).  So you'll get about ten to eleven days to work through and get Jalter Santa Lily, extra copies of her to level her NP, and the ascension materials to increase her level cap to it's max, alongside any other standard ascension/skill mats, exp and attack/hp up cards, mana prisms, and quartz points.

It's likely, if not downright expected, that the Babylon chapter will release a week or two after the Christmas event is over.  Enkidu and Caster Gil are all but confirmed, and it's looking like Semiramis is confirmed as well.  And going off of a post on the F/GO reddit, we might have the likes of Tiamat, Calamity Jane, Quetzalcoatl, Sigurd, and Achilles.  This is speculation, however.

What isn't speculation is that there's probably going to be a chapter after Babylon that deals with confronting Solomon in his realm in order to stop him from exterminating humanity.  This is supported by scenes towards the end of the Camelot chapter, where the MC, Mashu, and a few other characters in his party meet with Sherlock Holmes (who is a servant, yes, shut up XD).  Translations of the dialogue tell that Sherlock says that the party will have to confront Solomon, and that it'll likely be sometime soon.  When they do so, Sherlock may decide to join the party to aid them.  Which means SHERLOCK CONFIRMED FOR STORY SERVANT  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further speculation in this one thread may involve what Solomon's ultimate goals were.  Simply put, he's exterminating humanity now to avoid the Biblical Apocalypse and remake the world so that it can never occur.  And the antagonistic force to him that spurred him to wipe out humanity is Mother Harlot/Whore of Babylon, or the manifestation of Nero that embodies early Christianity's view of Nero.  If you don't know, many biblical scholars and theologians, as well as anthropologists, have made evaluations that the Book of Revelation is a kind of "grin and bear it guys, we'll beat them out" for Christians dealing with Roman persecution, especially under Nero's reign.  The Beast is meant to be the Roman Empire itself, and the Whore of Babylon the seat of rule for the Empire (in other words, it's reigning Emperor, which definitely applies to Nero).

Sorry for the info dump.  But I wanted to get this stuff out of the way, since it's likely we'll see more news relating to it (as well as confirmation or denial of some speculation) in the coming months.  If this chapter after Solomon's is real, we'll likely see it near late Summer/early Fall of 2017, by my estimation.  Though it may come sooner.  And this speculated chapter isn't going to be the end for the story mode of the game, but perhaps the end of the "first season" for F/GO.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:03 am

*mutters about finals and family and how he can't get a decent team together to rank up in Overwatch*

As ZeroStorm pointed out in the games section, F/GO has had a new content update: the Babylonia chapter has come out, and along with it a bunch of crazy stuff. Caster Gilgamesh and Enkidu, who were leaked several months ago, have finally come out. Caster Gil is a 4 star with a Buster party targeting NP, and Enkidu is a 5 star lancer with a similar NP. But that's not even the start of what's come out.

We've got a Medusa Lily, who's a 4 star lancer (continuing the trend of some Lily versions being stronger than the actual servant they're based on, while Ko-Gil, Jeanne D'arc Alter Santa Lily (also known as Jailter), and Arturia Saber Lily are weaker versions of what they're based on. We've also got Quetzalcoatl (rule 63'd, of course) as a 4 star Rider, and a sort of Milf-like version of Medusa(?) called Gorgon that is a 4 star avenger that will be added to the story gacha pool as an unlock.

Plus, Taiga appears as a demi-servant for Jaguar Man. XD She'll be your free servant after clearing Babylonia (and you're going to be at it for a bit, as some standard encounters throw curveballs at you by having you fight multiple 60k hp Chimeras, mini-bosses whose HP is over 200k, and super versions of some of the biggest pain in the ass special drop enemies in the game. Not to mention that you'll be fighting Enkidu a few times, with the goal being to survive a set number of rounds and not deplete all his HP. And there are new enemies to fight, with all new drops. *sigh*

All quests for this chapter start at level 72, so if you don't have any maxed 4 or 5 star servants on hand, you're in for a considerable slog. This is probably around the point where you should start figuring out party compositions that fit into pulling NPs out every turn or two, or generating a lot of crit stars so that your party is doing greater amounts of burst damage.

The current rate-up gacha is offering Enkidu, Caster Gil, and Medusa Lily, so if you want to get a better chance of getting them if you roll a 4 or 5 star servant, it's a good opportunity. Or you could save your quartz and tickets, as they'll be added to the story gacha pool anyway.

And I didn't even realize this, but apparently King Hassan is available in the gacha? He's at least a story support, and holy hell, he looks awesome. I want him now. O.o Same thing with Merlin, though I think he's merely a story support and not available in the gacha as of yet. But I could be wrong about that.

Now down to what I know about the story (SPOILERS AHEAD): the MC and Mashu get sent to Babylonia (because it's time, as a bunch of stuff has happened since Londonium chapter that has foreshadowed a growing confrontation with Solomon, and they needed to grow stronger and prove themselves a threat to his plans by fixing the anomalies that have been appearing) in order to deal with yet another anomaly. This time, there is a power vying for control of Babylonia in the form of the Three Goddesses Alliance, with one of them being Ishtar (Or Rishtar, or IshtaRin), and a second looking like a blonde Rin. Not sure who she is at the moment. The third is the big bad of this Chapter, Tiamat.

If you've played Dungeons and Dragons, or are familiar with Mesopotamian lore, you'll know that Tiamat is big shit, and is a mother of dragons and a dragon god. She's the final boss of this chapter, and is the first servant of the Beast class in the game, completing a third rock-paper-scissors grid that works as follows: Avenger -> Ruler -> Beast -> Avenger. So Avenger beats Ruler, Ruler beats Beast, and Beast beats Avenger. Got it? Good, because we're likely to see more Avenger and Ruler classes join the story pool gacha in the near future, though they'll be less common than the other seven classes.

I think I'm about a quarter to a third through the chapter's story at the moment, and I heave a sigh of relief when I don't have to deal with curveballs with mobs, and just standard boss encounters. I'll have more info as I get it and as I complete the chapter.

Besides that, it's pretty much confirmed that there's going to be a kind of "season finale" where an 8th chapter covers the MC and Mashu and their allies (including Sherlock Holmes, he did promise!) facing off against Solomon and finding out what is really going on, and why he's trying to wipe out all of humanity. It'll take place in 2016-17 (in game. They literally had the ending of this "season" take place in the period of time they estimated it would come out.), and it'll probably be out in the next three months, so look for news coming up around mid to late February.

Otherwise...well, I got Rishtar, and it's a really funny story that I'll save for later. Jailter is all NP maxed and has all her necessary ascension items, so I'm looking forward to getting her to level 80. Right now, all that is up for speculation is what servants from the Babylonia chapter will get rate up after the next week and a half, and what to expect from the upcoming New Years' event. It's likely that it'll be another paid quartz guaranteed 5 star gacha, but besides that, we won't know what rewards are going to be handed out to players or the event that is to follow. Saber Wars took place about midway through January, so there's likely going to be something there. Maybe another Saber Wars? Who knows. We'll see in the next month, I'd wager.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:12 am

The blonde Rin looking girl is Ereshkigal, goddess of the underworld. And yeah King Hassan is like Merlin, a currently unrollable story servant. Hopefully neither of them will end up being limited.

Ereshkigal
F/GO Watch! QwH3L6e
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:57 pm

ZeroStormZZ wrote:The blonde Rin looking girl is Ereshkigal, goddess of the underworld. And yeah King Hassan is like Merlin, a currently unrollable story servant. Hopefully neither of them will end up being limited.

Ereshkigal
F/GO Watch! QwH3L6e

Yeah, just saw info on the F/GO reddit that named Ereshkigal.  Anyone who's played Fate/Extra will recognize her body as Extra Rin's, since she had blonde hair in the real world.  She's also possessed and a pseudo-servant, much like with Ishtar.  And considering the reaction to King Hassan, and how Da Vinci is currently limited, I see Merlin and KH getting the same treatment.  Or at least both being added with the next chapter.

Mashu also gets her final ascension unlocked, raising her final level to 80.  Her final ascension art is pretty cute.  ^^
F/GO Watch! ADOpuKQ

Last edited by DrgnmastrAlex on Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:03 pm

Oh, she's a demiservant too? That would make sense, I was wondering why she looked so much like Extra Rin. Hopefully she will end up playable eventually, there have been a bunch of good options that still haven't gotten anything despite being in story. Jason, Agravain, her, Holmes, this current story might be ending soon but there are still way too many servants on that leaked list and shown that haven't gotten anything for us to not get a second arc. Also the game prints money harder than Pokemon Go in Japan.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:18 pm

Yeah, I heard about F/GO outselling Pokemon GO in Japan. The game has blown up in popularity to the point that Sony is getting a pretty sizable return. The money from China isn't hurting them either. If this keeps up....well, I'm not going to entertain the possibility of F/GO hitting the West yet. Best not to get my hopes up, especially since the core fan base in the west who would have made up most of the market for a western release are already playing the game, and they'd want the option to transfer their Japanese server-based accounts to western server accounts, which would mean a lot of costs for Sony and DelightWorks.

They may or may not make Ereshkigal limited, but since IshtaRin is already limited, I'd see ERinshkigal being the story gacha pool consolation for those who weren't able to get Ishtar. Haven't heard anything about that yet, though, so I'd say it's best to wait and see.

Holmes should be appearing in the next chapter, though. He said he would aid the Protag and Mashu when they were ready to face Solomon, so he's likely to appear and be added to the story pool in the next chapter. And considering the amount of servants that still haven't been released that were leaked months ago, there's little doubt that there's going to be a "Season 2". We just don't know what it's going to encompass. Plus, there's still more events, and more mythological/historical figures from Western pantheons and history that haven't been covered.

I'm still irritated that we didn't get a rule 63 Saberface George Washington for the America chapter.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:09 am

Slight update: I'm in chapter 15 of the Babylonia story add.  And the fights against elite mob enemies are getting a bit worse.  Plus, FUCK YOU QUEZTALCOATL.  THAT THIRD FIGHT IS BULLSHIT.  ONLY MY THIRD AND SIXTH PARTY MEMBERS IN MY LINE UP CAN DO ANY DAMAGE TO YOU, AND I HAVE TO BEAT YOU THIS TIME INSTEAD OF JUST LASTING FOR X NUMBER OF ROUNDS LIKE THE PREVIOUS TWO FIGHTS?!  AND FUCK YOU TOO, WRAITH ERESHKIGAL, FOR CONSTANTLY SEALING MY NPS AND SKILLS AT THE END OF EACH OF YOUR TURNS WHEN I HAVE NERO BRIDE AND A SUPPORT ARTURIA READY TO WRECK YOUR SHIT.  YOU ALREADY HAVE OVER 450K HP AND ALL YOUR ATTACKS AFFECT MY ENTIRE PARTY!  I'VE USED FOUR QUARTZ BETWEEN THESE TWO FIGHTS ALONE.

I honestly prefer the shenanigans from the Round Table Knight fights in the Camelot chapter to this bullshit.  At least they had rules I could work around and have epic fights with.  These guys just say "Oh, we're going to lock down your greatest advantages, nerf your options, and come up with bullshit enemy compositions, all so you have to buy more quartz in the shop.  Or wait for your Command Seals to recharge after three days in real time so you can use all three of them to do a party rez.  Why?  Because a lot of you high level players wanted a 'challenge'."

Everything's difficulty level is already above level 70, and the chapter is at the highest challenge rating of any that have been released as of yet.  Why you gotta make me burn quartz and hate on enemy mobs?  Why you gotta wreck muh fun?  ;_;

At least the Rishtar I rolled has been mildly helpful, if greatly underleveled.  The story support Rishtar and Medusa Lily have been quite helpful, too.  Haven't used Merlin yet, though.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:07 am

I'm not able to play Babylon, but I feel like one problem is that they struck a good balance for a max level party in Camelot then realized they needed things to get even tougher in Babylon. I've heard that there's a choice before the fight with Quetz where if you pick the second option you get an easier fight, but yeah some crazy looking stuff from what I have seen.

Oh yeah, also Quetzalcoatl is super cool, she rides dinosaurs and love wrestling. I'm salty that emulators remain dead so I can't play, I would love to try to roll for her. I've been seeing people saying she might be the best of the gold Riders too. One thing I can confirm just from looking at skills is that Merlin is nonsense good. Like, Waver might no longer be the optimal support choice anymore. All his skills range from great to OP and his Noble Phantasm is not just good but spammable. He also has some cool Gandalf style animations where he uses a sword and staff, which is nice.

Also I have a question for not just Alex but whoever wants to answer, do you have any historical or mythological people you would love to see added as characters? I've always really been into Sir Gareth and just based on the little we have on the Nasuverse version I really want to see more of them, and also the rumored and mentioned Tomoe Gozen would be very nice to finally see. Saint Longinus is also a guy who could make a really cool servant.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:07 am

It's good to see Fate/Extra Rin get some love, though it really is a crying shame that it feels like they'll never release the game over here, but it's super weird circumstances I guess, because the main visual novel was never official released here... But then again we get stuff like Extra, Unlimited Codes, and Extella, but for every one we get it feels like something else is left behind(CCC, Capsule Servant)... But hey, maybe it will be like Melty Blood and it will come out years later.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:01 am

@Zero: Quetzalcoatl is pretty cool, even with the creepy Yandere shark teeth grin. Looks to be a solid Rider, though nowhere near as good as Drake or Ozymandias. As for Merlin...yeah, either he's going to get nerfed or he's going to be a Limited servant, because he's probably the best support in the game just as a story support. It's ridiculous how hard he carried my team. A Jeanne paired with him doesn't even need to fear Avengers; he's that OP. King Hassan, meanwhile, is a more durable verson of the 4 star Assassin Shiki, and HE IS METAL AS FUCK. \m/

He doesn't really bring anything to a particular team comp unless you were to run Assassin and Saber Shikis, or run him in a Hassan theme team where you essentially insta-kill with NPs. But he's pretty handy in any team as a solo unit, from what I've seen with playing him as a story support.

As for historical and mythological figures, there's a good number I want to see that aren't on the leaked list of future servants. First and foremost, I want to see George Washington and Benjamin Franklin, preferably r63'd. A Saberface Rider Washington would be awesome, and a MILF Caster Franklin would crack me up. Besides those, maybe John Henry or Paul Bunyan as Berserkers for U.S.-centric servants. For others, I want to see Jubei Yagyu (as Saber or Assassin), Musashi, Sun Wukong, Bahamut, an iteration of the Coyote trickster god that's seen in many native American legends, Samson... I'll have to think of more. Razz

Now on to what I typically do here...

Here's a summation of events that transpired in Babylonia, as far as what I understood playing through it and from information obtained from the F/GO reddit:

Protagonist and Mashu get word from Chaldea that a singularity in Babylonia has been detected, and they go there. Gilgamesh is ruling over things, but there's an area away from his domain where another non-Babylonian/Middle Eastern god dwells (This is where Quetzalcoatl reigns and has her own people live, with Jaguar Man running around and taking care of things). There's currently an issue with a "Triple Goddess Allianance", which is comprised of Ishtar, Ereshkigal, and (probably) Quetzalcoatl, but I haven't determined what it is. All I can say is that it annoys Gil, and thus he needs it handled. Plus, there's other weirdos popping up, like a loli version of Medusa, oh, and this guy in white robes who greets us and HOLY SHIT IT'S MERLIN. In order to deal with what seems to be relatively simple issues of conflicting eras and gods overlapping, like in previous chapters (namely America and Camelot), they find Medusa Lily and try to solve some problems while investigating the Triple Goddess Alliance. They're shortly followed by support from Chaldea in the form of Benkei, Ushiwakamaru, and Leonidas. Also, Gil's companion Enkidu has been missing for some time, and the Goddess Alliance might have something to do with it.

But they don't. Ishtar, who is the most public face of the group, seems to not be a source of trouble beyond her and Gil being abrasive towards each other, and Queztal is fine being with her people and not starting anything. Rather, there's a third party, with Enkidu serving as an emissary and agent for it, alongside a more powerful version of Medusa who has fully embraced her Gorgon power. Altercations arise between the Protag and Mashu against Enkidu (as well as the occasional skirmish with other gods and figure due to misunderstandings or tests of power), and it's discovered that the rise in unusual beasts are connected to Enkidu and who's behind him. He's gathering resources (i.e. innocent people to experiment on) for purposes that are soon revealed, as Erishkigal makes herself known (possibly getting smitten with the MC, like Quetzal does) and reveals that shit's going down.

One thing leads to another, and Enkidu's party starts escalating their plans until:

Leonidas tanks Gorgon Medusa's np for us and got petrified and shattered for his efforts.

Ushi tried to stop Gorgon so the party can escape, gets knocked out and captured, and then corruption hentai happens.

Caster Gilgamesh dies of overwork and the party has to go to the underworld and fight Erishkigal to fetch his soul back.

Medusa Lily did a suicide attack on Gorgon Medusa and they both fell into an endless pit

Merlin gets NPed by Gorgon and had to return to Avalon.

Benkei exorcised the corrupted Ushi in a suicide attack.

Big bad finally appears in a massive attack, and she's really sexy. Also, she's Tiamat, mother of beasts and god of dragons. She's got a really pretty voice that controls the beasts that have been created (many from captured innocent people!), and the party stops her, only for her to have a "This isn't even my final form" moment and make the party retreat and reorganize. Then when she reaches Babylon, she transforms AGAIN.

Quetzalcoatl summoned solar wind to wipe out all black mud created by Tiamat, and cut off one of Tiamat's horns in a suicide attack.

Gorgon returns with Medusa lily's mind in charge and blinds one of Tiamat's eyes (I think) in a suicide attack.

Caster Gil (not a heroic spirit yet) tanked a long range snipe attack from Tiamat for us, it hit him right in the heart, to which he says: ha, don't worry, tis but a lethal wound! and did a lot of other shit and eventually died.

Enkidu comes back, stops being a douche, and goes 2.0 before transforming into the chains of heaven and binding Tiamat for a while, dragging her into the underworld, until he(?) gets shattered.

Merlin came back from Avalon with his full might and roots Tiamat completely in the underworld with his flower magic (and with some underworld buffs from Ereshkigal).

Tiamat tries to fly but King Hassan appears and cut off one of her wings and applies the "concept of death" on her (she was unkillable before this). Then he peaces out like a pimp, as that was his way of repaying the MC and Mashu for helping his tribe back in the Camelot chapter.

Gilgamesh returns as a heroic spirit in his archer form and the party finally defeats Tiamat. They return to Chaldea, awaiting when Solomon will finally make his move so they can confront him on his own turf and stop whatever the hell his plans are for exterminating humanity.

I may have messed up some details, but that's pretty much what's going on in this chapter. Lot of crap, a new rock-paper-scissors tree completed with the introduction of the Beast class (which currently is just neutral, but will probably be implemented properly once either Tiamat or the first Beast-class Servant arrives, LIKELY AS A LIMITED, BECAUSE DW WANTS YOUR MONEY AND YOU'RE A GAMBLING WAIFU WHORE FOR THEIR SHIT. As am I.), and the set-up to the last chapter of this season. Nasu and DelightWorks have confirmed that there's going to be more after Solomon is defeated, so Year 2 is likely mostly planned out and in development at this point.

And there's my wall of text for the night. Goodnight!
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:36 am

Jumping on this right now while the news is still just a day old.  Apparently, the final chapter for "Season One" of F/GO is going to be released in a projected timetable of "the last third of December".  If this is the case, there'll probably be another week before it's released, right around Christmas and into New Years (which is where another Paid Quartz Guaranteed Gacha, where you use Quartz you purchased with real money to essentially "buy" a 10 roll with a guaranteed SSR servant from a pool of offered servants, is expected to take place).

Now for what details have been leaked.  It's been pretty much confirmed that players will be taking on Solomon in his temple (whether it's in a reality marble of his own design or a period in the past that the party is sent back to by Chaldea remains to be seen), but there's more info beyond that.  It's recommended that players bring Mashu with level 5 Bond, as well as any servants that you have a high bond level with.  Coinciding with the release of Babylonia was the release of Bond CEs (Craft Essences) for Caster Gil, Ishtar, Enkidu, Jeanne D'arc Alter Santa Lily, and Medusa Lily.  This means that all but Mashu, Medusa Gorgon, Quetzalcoatl, and Jaguar Man have a maximum Bond level of 10, with Mashu being a special case because she's essentially the Protagonist's partner (so her growth is dependent on story progress, not updates from DW).

Like I mentioned above, it's been recommended that players raise their Bond level with servants they plan to use to a high level.  The problem is that no specific minimum level has been established yet, so some on the F/GO reddit are panicking, while others are speculating.  I personally believe that you'll need a minimum Bond level of 5 with any servant you plan on using for this "Season Finale".  I'm also in agreement with others that it's more than likely that either rewards will be greater the higher the Bond level of the servants you use, or that challenges will be easier.  It could even be a mix of the two.

(WARNING: Incoming discussion of unrelated mechanics!  Skip to when I notify that the explanation is over if you don't want to waste time!)

For those who are interested but don't know, you gain different kinds of experience in the game.  Servants are leveled up by feeding them experience cards (or other servants), while the experience points you get after battles level up the Protagonist so you can use stronger servants and stronger CEs and have more AP to do more and tougher quest nodes.  You'll also get experience  for what Mystic Code you're using, which is essentially spells tied to outfits that your character can wear, to a maximum level of 10.  Right now, there's seven or eight Mystic Codes you can possibly have, though some were only available through events.  There are ways of buying them from a special shop, but it uses Rare Prisms, which can only be obtained through burning Gold Rank servants (essentially SR or SSR servants).  So it's really expensive...

(WARNING: Explanation of unrelated mechanics is done.  Please continue from here if you want to just know about Bond experience and levels.)

And then there's Bond levels for each servant, which increases the more you use a particular servant in your party for battle.  Tougher battles grant more Bond experience, so if your party is high enough in level, you can grind a bit more efficiently (1/2 AP periods also really help out, as do having a lot of gold apples).  Higher rarity servants require more Bond exp to level (of course), and most servants require breaking level caps and reaching certain Bond levels to unlock Interludes for them, which can give them a boost to their Noble Phantasm's effect/damage or boost a skill they can use during battle.  Raising any servant to Bond level 5 also unlocks all lore in their profile (although you can't read it unless you can read whatever Japanese characters are used in their profiles).  Once you get any Rare or higher Servant to Bond level 6-9, you also get Quartz, which are used to roll in the gacha for new servants and CEs (which is a good thing!  Incentive!).  1 Quartz for Rares per level, 2 for SR, and 3 for SSR; 1 star and 2 star Servants only give gold apples (which completely refill your AP gauge) by comparison.  Every servant also gets a unique Craft Essence once they hit Bond level 10, which can only be used by them, but their effects can be powerful (though a good deal are so circumstantial or contradictory in effect that they're useless).

The above were really the only incentives to level Bond experience, but now there's more incentive.  A good deal of players are currently grinding their party's Bond exp to get them high as possible in preparation for Solomon's chapter, myself included.  Also, there's a decent chance that there will be a Limited Gacha where King Hassan and Merlin are offered in the near future, either to coincide with Solomon's chapter, or during/after New Years.  I'll let you guys know of any developments in the next week, as well as when this Season Finale chapter is going to take place.  If I'm not beaten to it by Zero, of course.  Razz
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:16 pm

I may end up beating you to it, because I got a new phone and that means I'm back in business playing this wonderful, terrible game. Had 90 quartz just from gifts while I was out of commission and rolled it all. On one side I got Taiga, and three gold servants! Which were Marie...a third copy of Martha...and a third copy of Siegfried. Yep, this is the game I remember. Maybe NP3 Siegfried will actually do damage. I don't think so though.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum