Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

5 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius - Page 5 Empty Re: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

Post  slayer40k Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:20 am

Fair enough so. Is there any other info I should know in the game or anything I should focus on doing?

I noticed in Record Keeper dispite playing for over a year and could beat just about anything, I was playing in hard mode cause I didn't know about basic, beginners info to make things easier XD

slayer40k

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:00 pm

Best place to level up: Dirnado, Maranda Coast- Exploration

Best place to gain rank points: Dirnado, Wicked Peaks- Alluring Winds

Best place to gain Trust: Grandsheldt, Earth Shrine- Entrance
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:22 am

And there we go, Dual Wield #2. I've decided I'll give it to Chizuru for now, mostly for Arena purposes (Phantom Shadow is AWESOME when you Dual Wield), until either something comes up where I'd want it on Cloud of Darkness (who actually is somewhat stronger, but doesn't have the skills I want right now; I do hear Esper Odin has Bladeblitz, which I'd want for CoD, and should come in the next story update), or the FFII event comes and Firion gets his 6* upgrade (hoping for 2 weeks from now?).

As far as Secret of Mana goes, I've done two daily draws so far, with no bonus units, but I'm still not sure I should even bother. I've heard great things regarding Randi much later down the line when Ability Awakenings come, but in his case, he's actually one of the most recent to get it in JP, so that could be six months away. Not sure I want to bother anymore with the summoning.

The Rabbites are treating me much better than the Doublicorns in Akademia though.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  slayer40k Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:42 am

I got 8k Lapis atm, is it worth spending it on any of the bundles they sell in the store?

Also I know I asked before but is it better to use lower level characters and awaken up to be stronger or just stick with higher ones.

Like for example, I got a lvl 3 and lvl 4 Celes but don't know which one I should enhance with the other.

slayer40k

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:31 am

You're going to have to start distinguishing Level and Rank, because when you say level 3, I literally think level 3/60.

Unless you plan on powering up a Limit Burst to its fullest, there is no real reason to keep a character at a lower rank. And again, there might only be two characters you'd do that for: Cecil and Exdeath.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  slayer40k Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:32 am

Yeah my bad, still getting used to the terms and stuff for the game. So just questioning the role of pots in the game,are abilities the only thing that matters about characters? (apart from a fews TM)It seems like stats don't matter because you can just use pots to constantly increase character's stats.

slayer40k

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:31 am

There's limitations as to how much you can increase a character's stats. Let's take Noctis, for instance:
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Noctis#Stats

That should link you to his maximum bases stats. And right below that should be maximum stat increases. Even at 6* rank, the most you can increase his ATK is 30, meaning his base ATK will never go higher than 188.

Though you aren't wrong with "Abilities are the only things that matter" part.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  slayer40k Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 am

Ahhh, figured as much, would be a pretty broken idea. Still it's a shame that means a huge majority of characters are pointless to get.

slayer40k

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:41 pm

Spent a few more tickets on Lunar New Year summon in hopes that I could get Yun, as his TMR seems crucial to my ideal future. Never got him, but I did get the lovely Phoenix dancer Ling. And one thing I have heard about her is that she has a 40% chance of evading physical damage on her own. That has been a major annoyance for me in Arena while I can't use Dualcast Black Magic. Still fragile though, and doesn't do damage with her dances. Awesome for debuffs and status afflictions, and she has quite the skills for MP restoration.

Yun is probably out of my grasp though, and he and Ling probably aren't being added to the main pool after their banner goes away. My ideal Prishe future is crushed. Crying or Very sad

Anyways, hopefully I'll have my second Blade Mastery on Wednesday, then a Kaiser Knuckle this weekend, then I start my second Excalibur.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:21 pm

Valentine Banner...

First off, NOBODY CARES ABOUT BOW USERS. PERIOD. THEY SUCK IN BATTLE.
Second, Cupid Luna's TMR is actually something to go for (ring with Auto Refresh), and she's the 3* base unit of the banner. Limited time only, so it's the only time to get her. So I may just see about getting her with Daily pulls.
Marie is NOT a limited unit, so don't worry about not getting her in this banner. She seems to be the best Green Mage in the game, and even moreso when her enhancements come. But again, 5* unit, good luck getting her if you want her.

It's also looking like there's a lot more Global-exclusive events. It's really been pushing a few things back, like the FFI character upgrades, the FF2 event (with Firion upgrade), and the second round of FF Type 0 (with Queen) and FF Tactics (with Orlandeau) events.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:07 pm

Well, I think I have to apologize, I hear Cupid Artemios is actually QUITE formidable, mostly if you are able to dual-wield Locke's Rising Sun and Ling's Venomous Edge; he's certainly not limited to bow. And on that note, he actually had a trait that had a chance of making bow usage worthy: 75% ATK increase for having one equipped, though even with the strongest bow, it could never beat Dual Wielding, especially when he also gets 30% ATK bonuses each for the other two weapon types.

I did manage to get Cupid Luna finally (last day she'd be on the daily too). With the completion of my second Excalibur, and Champion Belt at 90% (just going to throw my next 5* Trust Moogle at it), I'm altering my plan a little bit and going for the TMRs of the Ninja siblings (Hayate and Miyuki; Chizuru's kids). Two of each unit for now, though I do have another two Hayate in reserve for another Black Cowl later; and then Cupid Luna will take the fifth spot.

Excited to finally upgrade Firion to 6*. I want to believe that I can at least get him up to 700 ATK with the gear I have (that isn't already on Noctis) or am about to get (Champion Belt). Gotta get myself Sakurafubuki though; Blade Mastery won't mean much to me if it plus Murasame is only as strong as Excalibur and an ATK+10%, not to mention I was making that Excalibur more for Garland's eventual 6*.

DREADNOUGHT UPDATE: Holy crap! That was HARD! Must've taken well over 20 rounds for me! If you don't have good mages backing you up, you're not going to do much for damage. Hell, still might not do much WITH them either. I'm not even going to try for "Complete without anyone being K.O.ed," considering how often my Tilith was getting goddamn one-shotted. Did manage to complete it "Without using White Magic." Anyways, got the Trust Moogle, put it into Snow, got the Champion Belt.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  slayer40k Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:51 am

Jeez the difficulty curb is crazy in this game, 2nd hardest difficulty is always simple to beat but that the hardest is over 10x worse.

Got my orignal team, Rains, Hope, Ariana, WoL, Roselina fully leveled up, working on my 2nd team, ExDeath, CoD, Cupid Luna and Ling now.

slayer40k

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:37 pm

Well, we have two awesome ladies coming this week.

First one, the spy Shine. This sexy leather-suited lady looks to be all about Darkness element. Unfortunately, I can't say much about her selection of weapons, and she doesn't have many attack boosters. Her TMR is awesome, ATK+30% and 10% evasion chance. I could've sworn she was 5* base in Japan, but I guess not, she's 4* base, meaning I might actually have a shot at her.

Second, the cannoneer Olive. She is exclusive to Global for the time being. Not sure what kind of skillset she'll have, though some sort of automatic attacks and debuffs are mentioned. Her TMR is a powerful gun-class weapon, equipping it gives one "Doublehand" status, meaning all ATK parameters on equipment are increased by 50%. I could almost imagine a Cannon-Firion setup with that, but it'd probably be better off on someone else at some point, like maybe Balthier. Or simply have Olive do all the work, since she is 5*-base after all. I think Olive might have her own unique Doublehand skill as well, meaning it would stack with her TMR's Doublehand, AND you could also give her Bartz's Doublehand!

Definitely going to hold on to that free 11-pull coming up until Friday, when this new banner comes out, even though it won't recognize increased rates, but I do want to be sure they're in the pool when I do the summon.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  slayer40k Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:10 pm

https://i.imgur.com/HuDl24e.png

My Free Pull, Very Happy with the 5 star Lightning

slayer40k

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:50 pm

You actually got a 5-star. Be happy. I didn't. Though I did get Agrias, who at the very least has the option of becoming Orlandeau -1 when she gets her 6* upgrade but that won't be for quite a few months. Got another Snow, so I can definitely make an awesome brawler by equipping them with knuckles and two Champion Belts; always have Firion if I can't manage to get Prishe.

Also managed to get Shine using some tickets.

Two trophies short of getting the Ruler Ring recipe.

Last edited by DoubleEdged on Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  slayer40k Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:52 pm

Very Tempted to spend my lapis on another large pull, although it looks like the FB page is doing a poll to see who is people's fav characters to use.

My guess is they're going to be doing a draw for the most played and liked characters so may wait til then.

slayer40k

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:54 pm

You can probably be certain that it'll have Zidane as the 3* choice and Noctis as the 5* choice. Not so sure about who the most popular 4* is.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:18 pm

800+ Club membership GET!
Sakurafubuki has pushed my Noctis over the threshold, and he'll gain yet another 18 ATK very soon when I get my first Black Cowl. And after another week and a half, I should be at the point where I can further upgrade him once I get the recipe for Ruler's Ring, which will be a 5% ATK upgrade compared to Hero's Ring (Actually, he's using Domination Ring now).

So, next event. Operation: Mobile Armor Demolition, otherwise known as Type-0 Part 2. We get Queen, Nine, Eight, and Cinque for the banner characters. When I started the game early on, I gawked at Queen's moveset like it was amazing. Unfortunately, I know better now, she's not all that good (though she is getting buffed for Global; still, lack of decent attacks [Barrage-like doesn't cut it, CHAINING is where the damage is]). Take the time to make 5 copies of Steal materia if you can, because if you plan on farming PRO or ELT difficulty, you'll definitely want it there if you ever come across the L'cie Nimbus. DO NOT USE MUG, or he'll demolish you.

The sword you can get from King Mog might be decent if you don't have Shining Splendor, but I have two of them, so I might skip that one, and the other equipment and abilities don't interest me. I'll probably just end up farming for the usual items: Tickets; Star Quartz; Metal Gigantuars; Awakening materials (Trust Moogle isn't worth it for me, unfortunately, since I can spend the NRG on Earth Shrine at a better value). Hell, I may decide to save my lapis and not even draw dailies this time around, though I'll be using all the tickets I get on the current BE banner, more chances at more Shines and hopefully an Olive.

Speaking of which, I've managed to get 3 Shines at this point. Again, her TMR is ATK+30% with a 10% chance of evading physical attacks. And I could very well go for Trust Mastery on all three. On top of that, drawing on this banner got me yet another TWO ZIDANES. Do I want to go for FOUR DUAL WIELDS, or make it quick and stay at 3? Either way, I'm still farming a Bartz Doublehand to use as a booster to units now or later that already use Doublehand (if I could just get Olive, or if Garland could just get his 6* upgrade).
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:52 pm

WARNING!!!

This week, the REAL Brave Exvius begins! You thought things were hard now?

YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN' YET!

Spoiler:

EDIT:
Spoiler:
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosssi Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:35 am

Hi. Haven't been playing much of late except to send gifts.

Managed to pull Queen yesterday so now feel duty bound to collect her exclusive materia.
Also pulled two zidanes in the free 11 pull, so I guess TM farming at some point?

Congrats on reaching 800, you're miles above me (Although I finally got Elza's trust master weapon, so a nice boost there.)
Rosssi
Rosssi

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Congrats on Queen. I hear she actually just got her enhancements in JP. In particular, her Energy Share move now takes off 95% of her health when enhanced, and if her Berserk is also enhanced, it'll activate at below 6% health rather than below 3% health. So she's a very gimmicked character really; MP restore immediately followed up with a very risky high-ATK power. And then there's the fact that she was pretty much one of the few characters in Type-0 I didn't despise; King being the other one (though he was definitely voiced pretty poorly).

Got the Ruler's Ring recipe. Unfortunately, it takes A LOT of Light and Dark Megacrysts to make, as well as more Ice and Fire Megacrysts. I'll have to spend some time farming quite a few different Explorations.

Also finished up the Gale Vault, getting the Air Knife, which I plan to equip on Rain for the Gilgamesh trial. Actually, I'm wondering at this point if I'd be better off taking my own Ling instead of a friendly Noctis for a five-man group against Gilgamesh and use her as a Reviver & MP battery. Unfortunately, she's also extremely fragile, so I'm not sure she'd be able to survive Bushido: Freedom.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:23 pm

Hoy....

Gilgamesh... Has been buffed in Global. At 50%, he gains a Lightning-element AOE ability with high paralysis chance, must be sealed by Lightning elemental attacks (For some reason, Physical Lightning doesn't work right now, but Hybrid and Magical do).

Spoiler:
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosssi Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:56 am

Congrats on that spoiler.
Rosssi
Rosssi

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:39 am

INCOMING RAID!

FFXIV Flame Primal Ifrit starts this weekend, and you don't want to miss out on this one. Why? Because FREE UNITS* through the Raid Summon system. If you don't have Refia, Luka, or Tilith, you definitely want to take this shot at getting Y'shtola. And the only support unit better than Minfilia is Marie, and good luck getting Marie. Not sure if I can really say anything about Thancred.

* - Only a chance at getting them through it. There is a guaranteed way to get the units, but it requires a lot of effort being focused on the raid, especially for Y'shtola, the 5* base.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  slayer40k Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:07 am

Has anyone even encountered a Golden Bomb, been farming this event since it started and never encountered one and only got Nimbus 3 times

slayer40k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next