Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy XI

3 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy XI Empty Final Fantasy XI

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:45 pm

Quite a few instances of Charm for this game. Not so many that are female/female, but I'll find what I can.
First off, Charm does not have gender preference. You can't choose a character of one gender and not get Charmed by something of the same gender. Most of the enemies that can do this are just monsters of no discernible gender anyways.
And as your character can be male or female, go ahead and just assume what I'm talking about is female enemies toward female player characters.

Lamiae-
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/ffxi/images/7/7a/Lamia.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070928225735
These alchemically-created hybrids of women and serpent have one particular charm move- Belly Dance. A full-perimeter AOE. Thankfully, it appears only Notorious Monsters of the Lamia type can use this move. Not to be confused with Merrows, who are also considered Lamiae. I want to say Merrows are more combat-oriented, but that's probably just talking out my ass.
And of course, the leader of these serpent ladies- Medusa.
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120818020057/finalfantasy/images/thumb/6/61/Medusa_FFXI_Ikeda_Art.jpg/500px-Medusa_FFXI_Ikeda_Art.jpg

Siren-
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/ffxi/images/b/b0/SirenNPC.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/800?cb=20150516182338
One of the "Lost Avatars," Siren takes a Garuda-like appearance, like FFXIV (yes, she actually appeared in XIV before XI). One of her abilities is Entice, which appears to be a conal-shaped charm attack. As she came when most of the population had left the game, which brought in the need for the Trust system to summon friendly NPCs, this attack could be quite bothersome. If the player was hit with Entice, all of that player's Trust Alter Egos would be de-summoned instantly. However, if an Alter Ego were to receive the attack, it would have no effect. An Alter Ego that can reasonably tank is a must for her fight if you're going against her solo.

Now then, here's a major plot point for Wings of the Goddess, one that isn't actually reflected in gameplay-
Lady Lilith
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120813021024/finalfantasy/images/7/71/Ladylilith_artwork.jpg
Lady Lilith's Spitewardens:
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XI Empty Re: Final Fantasy XI

Post  Rainday Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:46 pm

Very nice dood, this is a wonderful sighting! Great stuff, and I do so love that twist at the end. Both Lamiae & Siren sound quite enticing to fall to, a being that can sway you with her dance, and another that can make you recall all your defenders, just for some alone time in her presence.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:30 pm

Yeah, I figured it was about time once I saw Siren. She wasn't put into the game until after I had left. They really took some cues from the Garuda and Siren designs of XIV in making her, with her stiletto feet (XI Garuda has bird talons for feet).

Oh yeah, and one other thing of note regarding Siren-
Spoiler:
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:06 pm

Huh, that's a rather interesting concept.

I could prove to be a very effective stand alone concept:
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sat May 14, 2016 5:10 pm

HOLY SHIT.

During another free campaign, I've continued on with some more epilogue quests. One of them, "Forbidden Reunion," where you fight two "Shadow Kindred."

Spoiler:
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Hornofdesolation Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:35 pm

I just found out a few days ago that Square-Enix has plans in motion to wrap up FFXI relatively soon so you may want to start searching it heavily.

Hornofdesolation

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:01 pm

They've still been introducing new content, and they've announced a partnership with Nexon to bring the game to mobile platforms. They're not shutting the game down any time soon.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down