Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 2

2 posters

Go down

Mass Effect 2 Empty Mass Effect 2

Post  Blastar Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:44 am

This is a fairly well known example, but I didn't see it here.

Villainess: Morinth

Victims:  Commander Shepard

Method: Eye gaze

Effect: Domination

Setup: The setup for this scene is that the player character (Commander Shepard) is tracking down a serial killer (Morinth) who seduces and kills her prey through sex.  During the course of the investigation, Shepard agrees to serve as bait in order to get close to Morinth.  After sufficiently impressing Morinth, Shepard is invited back to her apartment.  If Shepard's will isn't strong enough to resist, or if you choose to submit willingly, the following scene takes place.  No matter what you choose, your teammate bursts in and challenges Morinth to a battle to the death.

Vid:

Last edited by Blastar on Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blastar
Blastar

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 2 Empty Re: Mass Effect 2

Post  Rainday Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:17 am

Yeah, there's a lot that's well known but not up yet, part of the reason I've started awarded people for sightings.

Ok, what you have here is pretty solid, but if you go back and edit the post with a description of what's going on you'll get a bonus 5 points, as it stands now, you get 15 for it.

Bioware does some nice MC scenes, I think there's another in Dragon Age 2 or something.  However, this one has a special place in my heart(a sexy blue all female race with no qualms about lesbianism with other species that can add a whole nother level to sex via their braining linking ability, yeaaaah).

P.S. I'll grade your other one later today. Just remember a little description goes a long way.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:56 pm

Rainday wrote:Yeah, there's a lot that's well known but not up yet, part of the reason I've started awarded people for sightings.

Ok, what you have here is pretty solid, but if you go back and edit the post with a description of what's going on you'll get a bonus 5 points, as it stands now, you get 15 for it.

Bioware does some nice MC scenes, I think there's another in Dragon Age 2 or something.  However, this one has a special place in my heart(a sexy blue all female race with no qualms about lesbianism with other species that can add a whole nother level to sex via their braining linking ability, yeaaaah).

P.S.  I'll grade your other one later today.  Just remember a little description goes a long way.

No problem, I've added a setup to both this and the other post.

I've always loved it when games go beyond the typical formula of "Character A shoots a pink heart at Character B, Character B goes into autopilot."  Even something simple can make it more vivid and realistic.  I think part of the reason that the charm content of Final Fantasy VI resonated so well was because of the little bit of dialogue where the villainess commands her thrall to protect her or to attack his/her allies.  It really gives you the sense that the victim was truly serving her will and not just flailing around randomly.

In the example above, the way that Shepard repeats back the command demonstrates how she's completely under Morinth's control.  Bonus points for the devious smile on Morinth's face as well.

I vaguely remember the scene you're referring to in Dragon Age II.  I liked it, but I remember being a little disappointed that there was no consequence to it.  Like, if you couldn't break the villainess's spell then you should have been forced to let her go, or complete a task or quest for her.  Kind of like how Rocbouquet from Romancing Saga 2 could order a charmed player character to fight a boss for her and let her take the treasure afterwards.
Blastar
Blastar

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:48 pm

Yeah, very well said. The little bit of dialog after does really help. It should be a must for every charm attack =) That Rocbouquet one sounds quite awesome too.

As for points, I'm bumping you up to 25 for this one with your analysis of the charm attack and the description.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Rainday wrote:That Rocbouquet one sounds quite awesome too.
It was, except:
a) the game was never fully translated, and my Japanese sucks
b) it only worked on male characters (unless you knew how to hack your save file)

Rainday wrote:As for points, I'm bumping you up to 25 for this one with your analysis of the charm attack and the description.  
Thanks!
Blastar
Blastar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down