Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School Mermaid/Ningyo(F/F TF, G+)

3 posters

Go down

School Mermaid/Ningyo(F/F TF, G+) Empty School Mermaid/Ningyo(F/F TF, G+)

Post  Rainday Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:48 pm

School Mermaid/Ningyo(F/F TF, G+) School10

Okay, just a heads up, this is a horror manga and there is some blood and implied flesh eating.

Now, with that out of the way, I will say it's a interesting twist on a old tale, and does have it's moments.  Basically there is a book that states if you get the flesh of a mermaid in this abandoned school, the person you love will be yours.  This is based on the tale of the ningyo, which is essentially a japanese mermaid and the tale is somewhat similar. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ningyo  You have to recite a spell at the at the abandoned pool at night to start the hunt.  However, these aren't your typical mermaids, they're gleefully squeaking girls in school swimsuits, each with a letter on them.  You have to catch one that has the letter that starts with your crush's name.  The mermaids themselves treat it as a game, gleefully running from those girls that seek to win their loves affection, however, with all things horror, there is a catch...  You can either find it out by reading the story(which isn't too bad and has minimal blood) here
http://mangafox.me/manga/school_ningyo/
http://www.tenmanga.com/book/School+Mermaid.html
School Mermaid/Ningyo(F/F TF, G+) School11

Or you can read the following spoils along with a pic and my thoughts on the matter
Spoiler:
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

School Mermaid/Ningyo(F/F TF, G+) Empty Re: School Mermaid/Ningyo(F/F TF, G+)

Post  vesago_x Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:42 am

So apparently, Akihito Yoshitomi did more of this. (Up to chapter 18, I think all but the last chapter have been translated into english.)

Chapters 4-6 involve Toshiko (good girl) and Naomi (bad girl) teaming up to hunt mermaids.
Spoiler:

Chapter 9 deals with Mariko and Kaori. Mariko feels guilty that Kaori has become a mermaid, so she tries to find her.
Spoiler:
vesago_x
vesago_x

Back to top Go down

Post  Quartz Falcon Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:52 pm

Thanks for the heads-up that there was more of this!

As a further note, there's a lot more than one chapter left to translate, it's just that the scanlation teams start counting from the original three-parter while the people with the raws count from the new series that started around last year (basically, what sites like Mangafox call Chapter 17, they call Chapter 3). Hopefully the rest will get a translation soon - there's a lot of stuff I'd like to know the context of.

And by that I mostly mean the part where Shinobu seems to have hallucinations of the mermaids following her around and making her float while she dreams.
Quartz Falcon
Quartz Falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down