Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number you have dialed cannot be reached

+18
ZeroStormZZ
Rainday
RainbowSevenRainbow
Hornofdesolation
singory
DoubleEdged
Quartz Falcon
DanielleByron
Grungepunk
Nightington
tilltherewas1
Bureksasutlijom
obviousagent
Voltronzilla
Rosssi
Generic_entity
madoka
Kamenrider
22 posters

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

The number you have dialed cannot be reached - Page 24 Empty Re: The number you have dialed cannot be reached

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Finished Tokyo Xanadu eX+ last night. I'll probably give it another run-through for high-difficulty and completion purposes (platinum trophy).

Star Ocean Anamnesis just came out. Fiore won't be coming out for a while, but I'll still give it a shot.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

The number you have dialed cannot be reached - Page 24 Empty Re: The number you have dialed cannot be reached

Post  DoubleEdged Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:10 pm

Today, I got my Kickstarter Backer Rewards for MuvLuv+Alternative. My first ever model mecha, the Takemikazuchi. A box set with the PC versions of the VNs on disc. A cute Sumika (00 Fortified Suit) Figma. A Destroyer-Class BETA plushie. And a FREAKISHLY HUGE DATA BOOK (with freakishly small text! Just how long did this take to translate???) on the Alternative universe.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:09 pm

Well... I finally finished the story of BlazBlue. Picked up Central Fiction yesterday, spent a lot of time running Story Mode over these two days (though I did get quite a few nice bouts with ZeroStorm online, finally showing what I'm really capable of in BlazBlue, unlike with that Cross Tag Battle spinoff that really killed the combat for me). I guess the final chapter wasn't too bad, though I really didn't appreciate what they did at the start of it.
Spoiler:
They didn't do a good job explaining Naoto and Es (though at least the latter I can find out about if I were to pick up that VN, Naoto's from a spinoff manga I'm pretty sure never made it here, and has NOTHING to do with the other characters; unlike characters like Mai and Kajun, who were shown off in CPEX without trouble due to being academy friends of Noel), so I was pretty much entirely lost when it came to them and why they bothered putting them in. Also, did Hibiki become extremely popular because ATTACK ON TITAN MEME?

But I've made this no secret at all- what hurt the most was no English cast. I know, I know, an overload on certain actors that play so many roles (I bet Julie Ann Taylor never expected to get a Tsubaki variant AND Kokonoe becoming such a major character), but it wasn't just so I could understand the characters; most of those guys really put an effort into it that quite frankly has been missing in many other companies' localizations (with some exception, BlazBlue certainly wasn't a perfect dub). And I think it was the first time I'd heard Kagura's Japanese voice, and I recognized it too... because he plays an old guy in his 50s in Granblue Fantasy, with the exact same tone. Major disconnect when I put those pieces together, that even Grant George's average acting skills seem decent for Kagura.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:28 pm

Naoto's actually from a light novel series, Bloodedge Experience. Which means yeah it will never be localized. The only part that matters really is Naoto mentioning he ran into a Hakumen looking woman calling herself Justice. People thought that was referring to Guilty Gear's Justice and was hinting at BBxGG, but obviously CF's ending cleared up that minor detail. Also there's a character named Saya Terumi, which is so fanfiction I can't help but love it.

Hibiki's only really popular among yaoi fangirls, though I suppose there is a decent amount of crossover between them and Attack on Titan fans. It is super clear that AoT was on the mind when they decided to make him playable though.

I'd agree that the beginning of the story is pretty eh. In Japanese arcades there were three arcade "Arcs", with new characters being added when each arc was added, usually as the boss of that arc. Story mode adapts those arcs along with the rest of the story past that and I really feel like the arcade arcs weren't all that great. I really like the end section though.

And also, I'd agree that no English voices sucks. As great as Sugita is, I think Seitz is the perfect Ragna. The majority of the cast is super good or at least decent at worst, the only real exception being CP Bang. Izanami had a great English VA too, so it's a shame that we didn't get her once she became playable. At least it's more likely that Arc fighters will have dubs from now on, with their English branch fully set up.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  vesago_x Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:45 pm

ZeroStormZZ wrote:Naoto's actually from a light novel series, Bloodedge Experience. Which means yeah it will never be localized. Also there's a character named Saya Terumi, which is so fanfiction I can't help but love it.

Don't forget about the Eye of the Hunter. Mori read Death Note and said, "Those Shinigame Eyes are cool! I should totally rip that off for my alternate Ragna!"

ZeroStormZZ wrote:Hibiki's only really popular among yaoi fangirls, though I suppose there is a decent amount of crossover between them and Attack on Titan fans. It is super clear that AoT was on the mind when they decided to make him playable though.

It really sucks for me, because I hate Hibiki, but I think he is fun as hell to play. I wish we could see more of "Emotionless Killer" Hibiki, but of course he is too good for the game, so we only get him in one picture.

The number you have dialed cannot be reached - Page 24 Latest?cb=20161014231836
vesago_x
vesago_x

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:55 pm

Meanwhile, we also get the craziest picture of Sword of the Godslayer, Kusanagi to date.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/17/49/75/42/mu-12_10.jpg
Spoiler:
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:32 pm

Hibiki is them sticking a really fun moveset on a pretty nothing character they had lying around. Like if Bang Subordinate 1/2/3 was the one to get the cool ninja AoT moveset instead I wouldn't have minded. I also kind of wish they let us get CS Mu's voice as an option like how Noel has her NOL outfit as an option. I love the character development of Noel learning to control the Murakumo powers but that more sinister voice was great. Though without the dub I'd still miss out on IF THE WORLD DIES SO WILL I.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Now I just start doing challenges, and then cry as I never get any more Rare Blades from the gacha (never got KOS-MOS, and T-ELOS only unlocks as a gacha possibility after a game clear). And then I guess there's Torna: The Golden Country coming soon.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:01 pm

Well, I guess I can hold off on that crying. I just got two Rare Blades in a row, the first one being KOS-MOS. >_>

Second one was one of the male tank Blades, that I'm sure no one cares about.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:35 am

Congrats! Very Happy
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:48 am

Well, things kinda moved fast here. Just a few more Rare Blade Cores, and what do I get? T-ELOS.

I hear both of the Xenosaga android girls are pretty much top tier for combat, so I'll definitely see to raising their Trust fast. Man, after all that time without a Rare Blade, to suddenly get all this in a short period of time...

Anyways, it's KOS-MOS on Morag, T-ELOS on Zeke, though in all likelihood, I'll just be using them on Master Driver Rex (since he doesn't need a pure bond past a certain point to engage a blade).

It's awkward though. They went through the trouble of getting Caitlyn Glass to voice Elma for her guest appearance in this game, but didn't do the same for Bridget Hoffman and Tara Platt.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:54 pm

The moment I've been looking forward to in Star Ocean Anamnesis is here. Well, the first moment anyways.
Valkyrie Profile Collaboration: Blood Valkyrie. How did things turn out on my first day?
Summoned both Lenneth and Silmeria without having to spend any Gems. But then, I had 10 "Ace" Tickets I've been saving since I started playing. I used 8 of those 10, and got a copy of both. Put together a maxed out Claidheam Soluis for Lenneth, so all her attacks will do Light element damage. Also have an Arc'en'Ciel bow for Silmeria (Lightning element damage), but I won't get around to upgrading Silmeria beyond getting her to her maximum level for a while.
And what is "Blood Valkyrie?" She's pretty much a corrupted Lenneth clone (Homonculus made by Lezard). Black armor, red-tipped angel wings, and I could swear her eyes are black too.

I guess the next thing to look forward to is Halloween Sexy Demon Claire (NPC from SO3 getting an ACE version? She's already in as a non-Ace 5*). Why? Take a look for yourself-

At least when Fiore arrives, she'll be a permanent addition to the roster. But it looks like I'm only ever going to be interested in the Limited units.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:28 pm

I'm definitely warming up to Tales of Berseria much better than I did to Xillia and Zestiria. Cristina Vee is definitely killing it as RagnEDGE fem BloodEDGE. And for some reason, I could swear I recognize the voice of Artorius. Not by name, but that voice seems... familiar...

But I could be wrong.
Spoiler:

Also, was watching a little bit of Infinite Stratos 2 on Hulu. I could swear that in the fifth(?) episode, MC was abducted by ladies in tight latex suits with full hoods.
Spoiler:
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:20 pm

Artorius is 100% Ray Chase. If I wasn't on mobile right now I'd post the goofy Berseria video he did with Cristina Vee.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:14 pm

Huh, Kam'lanaut totally confirmed for Dissidia NT. Before the return of Prishe.

Gets his Zilartian prince armor as standard, and his archducal vestments as an alt (naturally).
Of course, 90% or more of the "fanbase" is now royally pissed off that "they're putting in a total nobody." "This move alone will kill off the rest of the audience still playing this game."

Also, it's not often I say this, but that Japanese voice sounds familiar. And, strange as it may sound, I'm wondering if that might be Tomokazu Seki.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24