Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F/GO Watch!

+7
Hornofdesolation
Quartz Falcon
Nightington
ZeroStormZZ
DoubleEdged
DrgnmastrAlex
Rainday
11 posters

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down

F/GO Watch! - Page 6 Empty Re: F/GO Watch!

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:43 am

Pretty apt details; I'm in agreement with them, though this is for general use.  Stheno used against a male Rider enemy is godlike, while I wouldn't recommend bringing Tamamo Cat to any boss fight unless they had mobs with them (and even then, expect her to melt if RNG decides to have three to four consecutive attacks done to her).  You'll find with later fights that servants that are terrible in a general sense or in a solid comp are so specialized that they can carry you through a tough fight.  

Medb is a better example of this (although she doesn't come out until the America chapter, so don't worry too much about this until next year): as a five star, her stats are okay, but her skill kit doesn't contribute much unless you're facing male enemies.  But when you do, you'll find she hits them incredibly hard with her NP, her charm skill is successful a lot of the time (with a bonus attack down to add insult to injury), and against a male caster boss, she''s able to one-shot them or take out a large chunk of their HP.  I used her against both the first fight with Solomon and against Goetia, and she held out well while dishing out good damage.  

I think Hans is also available at launch, so he's a good support pick, as is Shakespeare, and Leonidas as a cheap tank.

I'd also throw Ushiwakamaru into your 3 star list, Zero, as her skill set and NP make her both a useful party member who has some sustain, and a strong boss killer against Caster bosses in this early game.  Her stats are solid, too.  She doesn't have nearly the level of sustain as Cu, or the AoE dps potential of Robin, but she's a well-rounded fit in almost every party that can surprise you.  I even recommend rerolling your account if you don't get her or Robin as your first 3 star.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:33 pm

Update to Onigashima rerun event: challenge quest for those who cleared Onigashima last year is up, and the level 90 quests have unlocked.

Aside from that, there's also been an Agartha pre-release stream set for the 28th at 8:30pm JST.  Nico-Nico, as usual.

http://sp.live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv300946777

Reward of 12 quartz for reaching 70,000 retweets.

No Agartha this week, then.  But it's nice (and crazy) that I'll be able to do both EoR chapter 2 and run through the NA release of F/GO at the same time.  Kind of had the feeling that this might happen.

T-minus six days and counting...
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:36 am

More news, this time for the NA version:

50k F/GO Aniplex Live! goal has been reached, and with it comes a bunch of bonuses.

"Beginning of a Journey" CE.
6k FP
10 Gold All Exp
10 3 star attack Fous and 10 2 star hp Fous
Saber Lily
Total of 42 extra quartz

So if you join during the limited time frame during the game's NA release, you're essentially given a free CE, a free 4 star servant (even if she's not that great in-game), the means to boost any servant of your choosing halfway to their stat boost cap for attack and hp, the means to level a single servant beyond level 25 or multiple servants beyond level 10 from the beginning, and enough quartz for a 10 roll and an additional four YOLO quartz rolls (which I'd recommend you just save them towards another ten roll, as you'll be raking in quartz while you run through the early game)

Pretty nice reward. Again, if you're able to and have the time to play, please play. If you can justify purchasing quartz, then feel free to do so. We want Aniplex, DelightWorks, and Sony to know that this game will be profitable for them in North America, not only so that it continues to run here, but to have them potentially expand it to Europe.

T-minus 4 days...
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:40 pm

More news for the NA release.

Confirmed: New accounts will be able to pick a single 4 star of their choosing. List as follows:

Emiya
Marie Antoinette
Siegfried
D'eon
Hercules
Stheno
Carmilla
Tamamo Cat
Liz
Martha

Like Zero and I have mentioned, you should pick between Emiya and Herk, though you won't go wrong if you pick Carmilla, Tamamo Cat, or Liz. D'eon is a decent 4 star tank, but his stats are kind of meh.

Also, the specific time for the release is June 25th (this Sunday) at 9pm Pacific Standard Time. Why not 12am on Sunday? Dunno. Adjust the time according to your time zone (10pm MST, 11pm CST, Monday the 26th at 12am on EST).
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:11 pm

Finally some Agartha info! A prologue blurb, but it's better than nothing.

"The demon pillars that escaped the ending of the "72 Pillars of the Demon Gods" each found their own questions about life. The beastly remnants that scattered across the world have given birth to sub-species singularities, polluting human history.

A.D. 2000, Central Asia---

Though no obvious war or incidents have been identified in that land, a singularity thought to be related to a demon pillar has emerged underneath. With the vast underground space "Agartha" as the stage, the operation to destroy this new subspecies singularity begins."

We can glean a few things from this that are supported by some recent new storylines. First, that the demon pillars have a vested interest in life and how that relates to humanity, though it's likely their perspective is limited due to their nature and/or the influence that Beasts have on them. That is my supposition on the matter, though, but it's backed up a bit by the fact that the demon pillar Zepar sought out a Kiara from an alternate timeline that resided on the oil platform we saw in flashbacks, and how it linked her to the existence of Kiara from CCC, which I think was considered a parallel timeline to Grand Order? Sort of unclear, and I need to reread the story for the CCC collab. But it's obvious that at least one of the escaped demon pillars works under my supposition.

Secondly, that these singularities are not of the same vein as the singularities the MC and Mashu dealt with in Season 1 of the story. For one, they're clearly defined as "sub-species singularities", which means they're an offshoot or even an after effect of the singularities dealt with in season 1. This is supported by the fact that the Shinjuku singularity took place in 1999, and this one is taking place in 2000. All the other singularities, save for the Fuyuki City prologue singularity (which is an exception to the rule due to it being an alternate outcome of the Fifth Holy Grail War and therefore tangential to Grand Order's timeline) take place prior to the 20th Century. This is because, after a point in the late 19th Century/early 20th Century, science and logic became the power behind magecraft, which meant that miracles and mysteries (which is what the Grail is) no longer found purchase in the new workings of the leylines and access to the Root, save for a few exceptions like the Grail. The only reason why servants like Emiya are possible is because of the counter force, which exists outside of those rules as a safeguard to prevent humanity's destruction (I think I'm right, but I might have misunderstood some details about general Fate lore, so correct me if I'm wrong). So, in connection to the Grails and troubles of these various servants and Solomon's exploitation of them, these singularities all appeared, and all in the past (the closest in time being Londonium, which was placed in the late 19th Century). Solomon's singularity doesn't count in that he created it with raw power as a kind of bubble dimension where he could watch from safety.

Also interesting is that, in the Agartha singularity, there is no clear indication of warfare or incidents associated with a singularity's interference in human history. This doesn't mean that nothing serious is happening: the fact that the prologue states that these singularities are "polluting human history" means that there is an actual threat, likely in regards to the stability of humanity's timeline.

We saw in Shinjuku that the demon pillar Baal had retreated there out of his anger towards humans, and was one of two parties involved in constructing the singularity (we still don't know who the second one was); Shinjuku replicated a state of oppression in modern society, that being the gangs, the high muckity-mucks looking down from their steel towers on the populace, the feeling of both isolation and confinement that the city gave at times. The CCC singularity had Zepar more concerned with figuring out the selfish motivations of humans, in contrast (which was why he was drawn to Kiara, who at her core is purely motivated by her own desires for self-gratification through pleasure or other types of physical and spiritual fulfillment; there's a reason why she's called a 'demon Bodhisattva'), and we saw this with a few NPCs in the CCC collab story.

So clearly, the demon pillars are looking for SOMETHING that humanity has, and is focusing on negative aspects of humanity. The likely explanation is that the pillars are looking for something to exploit so they can get back at Chaldea and the MC, but it's entirely possible that there could be other reasons. Remember, the pillars formed "their own questions about life", as the prologue indicates. So there could be a lot more to this than what first appearances provide.

Anyway, just thought that I'd bring this up and give my thoughts and supposition, as well as some evidence to support it and make them into postulations. Regardless, we'll see what happens when Agartha kicks off, which will likely be as soon as this coming Thursday or a week from today. Of course, it might also get released that following Monday (July 3rtd), so just expect it to drop soon after the NicoNico stream on the 28th JST (which would be around 4:30am PST, since I think the stream starts 8:30pm JST).

And before I forget! T-minus 2 days, 9 hours, and 48 minutes until NA release...
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:46 pm

I'm sorry, but I could swear I just heard the words "free" and "Carmilla," and mentioned as though a mutual relationship between those two words was implied. But that can't possibly be the case, right?

F/GO Watch! - Page 6 Lick10

May as well call me the Master of Assassin right now.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:12 pm

Hehe~

I'm debating between Carmilla and Hercules, myself. Leaning towards Herc right now, but depending on if the free pick is before or after a certain point in the Fuyuki City prologue, I may go with Carmilla. She's a solid pick against female enemies with her NP, and there's going to be a lot in the beginning (and even some towards the end of Season 1 of the story), so she's a good choice.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:39 pm

Oh god I just realized we're going back to ascension item hell. I had forgotten about the abyssal drop rates of those early areas, oh no.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:59 pm

Hope I can play this on chrome like Granblue Fantasy, no smartphone unfortunately.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:06 pm

No browser version unfortunately. Japanese version eventually restricted use on emulators, but we don't know if that will be the case on the English version. I've heard that the Chinese version can be played on emulators but don't quote me on that.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:54 pm

I recommend MEmu to emulate it on PC.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:57 pm

Right now, the JPN version can be played on MEmu and a couple other android emulators.  Probably will be the same case for the NA version, since some YouTubers I follow plan to stream it.  I'd recommend checking out the F/GO reddit page for more info.

Also, the app for the game is up in Google Play.  Don't know about Apple Store, but I just downloaded the NA version.  Though when I start it up, it does give me an error message that says the game is still not yet released.  They'll probably patch the app once the game goes live tomorrow night.

T-minus 23 hours, 2 minutes.

Edit: Update: The app is now out on iOS for download.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Well shit. Can't play it on my iPhone4. NEITHER MEmu nor NOX will start the game.

I guess I'm out.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:09 pm

Maybe the instructions in this video will help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gvd1dUuG2Q

Edit: Got Martha on my tutorial roll, marking my sixth Martha (4 OGs, 1 Swimsuit and now this). Truly we are destined to be together.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:27 am

Did four rerolls (Martha, Sumanai, Stheno, Sumanai) before getting Liz and Marie on my 5th attempt. Decided to stick with that, since that seemed like the best my luck was willing to give me without spending a day to try and roll Waver or Herc/Emiya/Carmilla. Going to do another 10 roll as soon as I clear the Prologue so I can try to get Salter.

Apparently, the "Pick your 4 star" campaign is something that'll be introduced later, though I'd expect we won't wait too long for it. Aniplex announced that it'll have more details about it in the next few days.

Also, here's my Friend Code for those who want to add me on the NA version: 236,095,853
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:50 am

Unfortunately, I can't get the 5.1 instance to start for MEmu, even following the troubleshooting, and it's led me to stuff that forces malware onto my PC.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:43 am

Shit, I'm sorry. I had seen that video going around as the answer to the problems people were having, had no idea it could result in malware.

In terms of fixing the problem the only other thing I could think of is to turn off USB Debugging/Developer Tools if they were on.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 am

It was some tool to help find driver updates, but it forced three other things my way, and my mind instantly thought malware, but it could be exaggeration. I'm fine. If there's a method for NOX, I'll try later tonight.

Honestly though, maybe it wouldn't hurt for me to get a phone upgrade. If only they weren't so expensive...

EDIT: Well, I finally got the 5.1 instance to work, but it still won't load FGO.
EDIT2: OH SHIT, I THINK I GOT IT!!

Final update: Yep, got in, playing through tutorial. Also got Martha. Does seem to crash a bit, but hey, I've got it running at least.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightington Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:41 am

Am I alone in just talking what I get always with tutorial rolls?

I mean, I got two Elizabeths, so, that's not too bad at least.

Nightington

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:46 am

I took my tutorial rolls in both English and Japanese, I never bother with rerolling in these games. Grand Order is easy enough that you don't really need to anyways.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:13 am

Nightington wrote:Am I alone in just talking what I get always with tutorial rolls?

I mean, I got two Elizabeths, so, that's not too bad at least.

Means you've got an NP2 Elizabeth. It also means you should probably expect to be spooked by Elizabeth in the near future. Razz

Honestly, I kind of wish I had known about how to reroll before fully committing myself to my main JPN account. I got Saber Gilles as my starter 3 star, and that terrible luck has been with me in that account ever since. The game itself can be pretty easy, but I made so many mistakes and got such a bad start that I had to do a lot of catch-up to resolve those issues. And I wasted a lot of quartz on party resurrections, as well as a few times to fill my AP accidentally. I'm using the NA account I have to make up for the mistakes I've made in the past, and thus far, I'm doing a lot better than when I first ran through the game's story mode.

Also, starting with Martha, Siegfried, or Stheno as my starter 4 star was not acceptable to me. Getting Martha alongside Liz, Emiya, Herc, or Carmilla would've been fine, but not by herself. Glad I got both Liz and Marie out of that starter 4 star 10 roll. Just waiting for word on when the "pick your 4 star" campaign starts. Chances are that we'll get word this Saturday, when Aniplex is having a special launch celebration at Anime Expo. Though there was also a live stream from Aniplex, but I haven't heard word about anything from that yet. Taking a quick look through the reddit page, it seems like there wasn't anything other than confirmation that they're doing the "pick your 4 star" campaign, and that they'll give details at a later date. >.<
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:29 am

Well, I see it's time for me to bow out, have fun with your waifus

...:

Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:31 am

Rainday wrote:Well, I see it's time for me to bow out, have fun with your waifus

...:

I'm guessing you got best yandere dragon waifu? :p

Because I did as well...
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:45 am

I assume he means that he can't play the game right now.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:34 am

ZeroStormZZ wrote:I assume he means that he can't play the game right now.

Ah, okay.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum