Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

4 posters

Go down

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Empty Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

Post  vesago_x Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:40 am

I am not sure if Elphelt is a villainess, so just move this to Off-Topic if she doesn't count. Anyway, Elphelt's Instant Kill makes the opponent fall in love with her. I wouldn't mind being "killed" by her. The only videos I have found of her IK so far, has her doing it to Sin, but I asked swillo if they would upload a video of her doing it to everyone.

Japanese: (go to 6:40)

English: (go to 6:42)

Apparently, the Japanese and English dialogue is different.
vesago_x
vesago_x

Back to top Go down

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Empty Re: Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

Post  LeonOne994 Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:16 am

thanks for this Very Happy i cannot wait for this game but i think i will have to import it considering it doesnt have a EU release date yet

LeonOne994

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:25 pm

I recently saw a video showing off story mode (looks like a small budget 3D series). Elphelt Valentine is introduced as being a factor that helps them capture the other Valentine in the game (Sorry, can't think of name at the moment.) Not sure what her purpose is, but despite her strangeness, I doubt she's a villain, or even an antagonist.

Also, every preview of the English version I'd seen used the Japanese voiceovers, so color me surprised that they did go and dub it. Ironically, two members of the cast list I read (I haven't actually listened yet) are not reprising parts that they played in GG: Overture.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:07 pm

This is very good stuff, definitely full blown charm attack, I would love to see if it had any effect on Ramletherl(the other Valentine in question).  As for weather she's good or bad, that's up for debate, especially since Ark System Works like to deal in gray a lot with their characters.  Regardless, I've been meaning to address heroines with charm for a while, if they're relevant or not.  In my personal opinion, I would have to say yes. Rico did a fic from way back when involving Breath of Fire II characters and made a rather convincing case, plus the ability to charm someone can be awfully corrupting, mind that they don't have to go full blown evil goddess, but if they use it to keep girls that they like around them to love and take care of some things, it seems pretty okay to me.

But yeah, most fighting game characters have a ambiguous moral compass, and there's a lot of them with charm abilities.  I was thinking about making a single thread for them so it doesn't drown more relevant content, but we'll wait and see.

But yeah, 10 points, 15 if you can get the vid with everyone or at least the girls =)

Also, I think a dub to be expected out or Arks by now, what with BlazBlue being fully dubbed with it's huge amount of story paths.  I'm so happy, I got it preordered for the PS3, collector's edition and all~(weather I'll be able to play it on the 16th is up for debate...)
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  vesago_x Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:22 am

Here is her IK against everyone (except Leo.) I have only found it in English so far and unfortunately, her dialogue at the beginning and the end is sometimes cut short. I love Millia's and I-No's dialogue! Apparently, each character has three different voice sets, which changes their dialogue. So we might never see a video with every set of dialogue, unfortunately.
vesago_x
vesago_x

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Millia's is golden~! May's and Ram's are adorable, I-No sounds like they're already dating hahaha. But yeah, also liked how Ky, Potemkin, and Slayer tried to fight it. Then there are the stickler obsessors Venom, Zato, and Bedman... Her one against herself is... strange, but then again that's a strange situation.

But yeah, 15 points total for this.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  vesago_x Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:01 am

Thanks, Rainday! Here is one with more dialogue. Japanese only.

(4:40-9:06)    
vesago_x
vesago_x

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:08 pm

Interesting, it appears everyone has 2-3 quotes for instant kills, very nice.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:38 pm

So... I just found something on 2chan...

Potential HUGE SPOILERS:

Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:47 pm

Oh, and another heads up, if you preorder the limited edition(like me), it's going to be delayed due to some strikes on the west coast http://www.aksysgames.com/2014/12/02/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-limited-edition-delay/

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1657561?tags=ramlethal_valentine
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:26 pm

Oh, since I managed to play the game, I did a quick match with Elphelt vs Millia(Magnum Wedding and all) so I could see her win quote since she tends to offer a marriage proposal... Unfortunately it seems that the yuri route isn't taken as Elphelt deprecatingly compares her body to Millia's as if she were some type of rival... I haven't seen the others yet, but still, sadness ;-;

(and of course I haven't been able to play the ps3 because of my current working arrangements)
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down