Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamer Gate

Go down

Gamer Gate Empty Gamer Gate

Post  Rainday Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Now, as for the 3rd wave of feminism, I'm going to assume your talking about Gamer Gate(and if this is wrong, then yay I get to make a ass out of myself~).  To be honest, the only way I stumbled upon it was finding art of Vivian James on my Tumblr, then I did some reading here and there and got right pissed. The whole "gamers are dead" and "misogynist" being shot around more than laser shots in all the Star War series combined is fucking bullshit.  They're just rotten people who can't discus things worth a fucking damn and would rather shut down all decent conversation with such words.  Of course this has generated a lot of hate on both sides, but hell, I've been a gamer for all my life so let the bullshit battle lines be drawn, but if you come to me I'm not gonna flinch at your god damn words, I can recognize bulling when I see it!  They even go so far as to censor discussion on 4chan, and 4chan plus censorship?  OH THAT IS GOING TO WORK OUT PERFECTLY~  So yeah, waiting for that powder keg to go off is going to be fun.  The whole thing is just fraught with so many issues...  I'm not a expert on all of them, but I did see a good collection of articles from a really good artist(does rule 63 Link a lot)  that I've read and been meaning to read some.

In response to the 4chan censorship they through up this piece
http://iancsamson.tumblr.com/post/97699259363
And they've been posted and argued their point quite well here http://iancsamson.tumblr.com/post/97953469708/im-curious-do-you-have-a-stance-on-all-this-stuff-or

Quartz Falcon wrote:Having been seeing the GG thing boiling ever since the thing began with Zoe Quinn's angry ex (another forum I frequent has a thread for discussing misogyny in gaming; boy, has that thread had a field month), I've been seeing things from the other side, that is to say, the side supporting the people that have been driven out of the industry, so this is what GamerGate really is about.

Also, this.

Now, I don't doubt the Tumblr extremists have been doing a lot of damage, but they're also a lot more limited in what they can do. So no, no one's in any position to take away our games.

Also, "they" aren't censoring 4chan. Moot is moderating his boards, probably because he's learned about Quinn showing the FBI what people have been planning in his "house". I would be surprised if anyone actually takes that leave of protest come October 1 in /v/, let alone the whole thing.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Gamer Gate Empty Re: Gamer Gate

Post  Rainday Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:37 pm

Okay, I fucked up and made an ass out of myself like I said I would. I didn't mean to drag my personal feelings into D's topic and thus go off topic. So I split it off and put it here. That being said, I'm going to lock this topic for a few reasons. Topics on this subject can generally cause a strife within the community, and since this is suppose to be a place were people and relax and talk about their fetishes, something decisive like this probably shouldn't of been brought up in the first place(again, my bad for being an ass). Also, people are looking for places to discuss this, so I'd rather not have people come to merely discuss this and potentially bring people who are more extreme on this subject matter as it might damage the forum. That being said, I'm not deleting it either, both sides have had a chance to express their opinion and given articles to support their point, so people are free to research them and others to find out their own feelings on the matter. Again, I got a little heated during this so I came off as a ass and I apologize. Quartz Falcon stated their opinion rationally and I appreciate that.

Again, I'm really sorry for this, to all parties involved.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum