Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.C. Collection and other resource sites

5 posters

Go down

M.C. Collection and other resource sites Empty M.C. Collection and other resource sites

Post  Nightington Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:07 pm

http://www11.tok2.com/home/msnobu/index.htm

This website, which I'm sure most of us already know about, is a database of mind control occurrences in anime (mostly but not exclusively non-hentai). 893 instances on the main collections.

The problem is, for those of us with little to no knowledge of Japanese, it's only moderately useful.

I'm kind of wondering if undertaking a group project to translate the summaries, lines, and (where we can find video) scenes would be a worthwhile undertaking? I would certainly be willing to host such a project and help where I could.

Nightington

Back to top Go down

M.C. Collection and other resource sites Empty Re: M.C. Collection and other resource sites

Post  petal Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:58 pm

Translating this would be a huge undertaking, not that I'm saying it's a bad idea. Since it certainly won't happen overnight, I'd like to make a few suggestions to enhance everyone's experience without needing the whole thing translated. Note that I am not super good at Japanese, I just know some basic stuff.
-The first box on every page (labeled サブタイトル) has the name of the episode and the number. If the number doesn't help, you can usually find the English name pretty easily by comparing the Japanese to Wikipedia's episode list. Of course, if you don't know the name of the anime, copy-and-pasting the title and/or the episode name can help.
-I really think that anybody who enjoys anime/hentai enough to look at untranslated stuff should learn the kana. Unlike the kanji, the complicated, scary-looking set of 2000+ Chinese symbolic characters, the kana are a set of two syllabaries with a total of about 60 characters and 30 syllables. They represent every single syllable in Japanese and are frequently used to write simple words, and always for grammar marks, sound effects, and foreign words (which are very common in anime.) It will really improve your enjoyment and understanding of sites like MC Collection, I promise! The basic rules of Japanese grammar are also pretty easy to learn, but don't bother if you don't want to. It's not as gratifying as kana right way. Kana seriously takes a week to learn.
-Try Rikaichan, a Firefox addon. (Rikaikun for Chrome) Every Japanese character you mouse over pops up a little bubble with a few pronunciations (in kana), parts of speech, and definitions. It can catch entire words if you mouse over the first character and uses Denshi Jisho by default, a dictionary with a decent knowledge of slang and pop culture as well as traditional usage. Don't try to read whole sentences if you have no idea, but it's easier than c/p'ing into a dictionary.

Hope this helps some people enjoy the website a little more Smile
petal
petal

Back to top Go down

M.C. Collection and other resource sites Empty Re: M.C. Collection and other resource sites

Post  Rainday Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Google chrome does a somewhat decent job of translating the entries, but really what I've been doing for that site is recognizing the characters and working from there. It's a rather long process but it can pay off. First you try to find a pic of the character on danbooru, then you can find the character's name, then you can find the series, then you can use the listed ep as where you need to go. However, this method doesn't really work for hentai. It helps to have seen a lot of pics lol
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Hornofdesolation Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:46 am

Or you could enlist the aid of emanon333 or the other member of the forum that I know of who speak Japanese as their first language.

Hornofdesolation

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:10 am

I figured I'd post that this site has gone a revamp and has a few new editions.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:43 am

I'm gonna post this here, Medusa's Girls, basically deals with all petrification(or stasis imprisonment) in anime, manga, and games(not always done by a Medusa like creature, just in general).  So yeah, handy little resource site you can browse though if you want.
http://girlturnstone.blogspot.com/
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:11 am

Adding some more resource sites, most of these are old and from the yahoo groups links.

Sailor Moon enemy reference arts
http://slime-girl.homelinux.net/sailor/index.html
This is one that I use a lot myself, it's just amazing, unfortunately it is missing some characters and isn't complete, all I know is that the Nakayoshi Media Books it refers to are these
http://www.moonlightsoldiers.com/jap/merchandise/books/media1.html
Unfortunately I haven't come up with any safe torrents or downloads, but if you do, let me know~
M.C. Collection and other resource sites Image011

Biological unit site(aka girls fused to things like machine, mechs, demons, etc).
http://seesaawiki.jp/w/corelifeunit/

Anime girls bound
http://blog.livedoor.jp/u_x-002/

Monster Girl Encyclopedia main site
http://kurobine.sakura.ne.jp/

A female enemy wiki from various japanese games(in japanese of course as all of these links have been). So lots of sprites
http://www19.atwiki.jp/femaleenemey/
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:20 pm

Sticking this as well, also what you can use these resources for.
https://charmed.variousforum.com/t452-ongoing-doing-a-sightings-topic-worth-10-20
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

M.C. Collection and other resource sites Empty Female enemies/monstergirls on ToS2

Post  Quartz Falcon Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:23 pm

Rainday offered a freebie, so I'm taking it.

016. Mandragora (0:27): vaguely humanoid plant creature with leafy dress and hairstyle.
017. Alraune (0:29): stronger version of the Mandragora, its leafy dress looks vaguely Chinese, with a pink trim and pink roses as "hair" buns.
018. Karrigan (0:31) : violet dress, bigger yellow flowers as the hair buns.

Next plant creatures aren't as feminine, so I'm not counting them.

097. Harpy (2:31): blue skin on the humanoid parts, with... scales?... covering where the breasts would be. The avian wings and lower half are covered in brown feathers. Red-haired bob cut.
098. Furie (2:33) Yellow skin, green hair, dark-ish feathers.
099. Seiren (2:34): Pale blue skin, pale yellow hair, white feathers with blue tips.
100. Aella (2:36): Amber skin, light purple hair, dark purple feathers.
101. Fenia (2:38): I'm assuming this is a boss, since she gets a fancy kimono and longer hair than the generics.
125. Merrow (3:14): Blueish skin, blonde hair, white tail/scales, purple-tipped scepter.
126. Nivie (3:16): Greenish skin, white hair, gray tail/scales building to a black top, pink scepter.
127. Selkie (3:18): Yellowish skin, blue hair, white tail/scales building to a very low-cut black dress with bell-sleeves. Carries a harp.
128. Nereis (3:19): Skin, hair and dress/tail/scales are all shades of purple. Carries a bow.
129. Asrai (3:21): Yellowish skin and hair, purple tail/scales, white top. Wears some sort of helmet and a spear.
130. Rusalka (3:23): Grayish skin, long green hair, purple tail with differently colored front that makes her look serpent-ish, some sort of... light pink dress? Carries a harp.
162. Lamia (4:12): Purple skin, pink hair in what looks like twin tails, yellow-brown tail, white top of the type that shows underboob and collar to match.
163. Grazae (4:13): Dark purple skin, light green hair also in twin tails, dark green tail and top, white collar to match the front of the tail.
164. Erinyes (4:14): Skin and tail in shades of brown, blond hair and white top.
165. Gorgon (4:16): Skin and tail in shades of purple, dark red hair in twintails, top hard to discern.
166. Echidna (4:18): Brown skin, short light purple hair, dark purple tail, its front moving up until it covers the breasts.
167. Moirae (4:19): Dark purple skin, hair covered by some weird light green hat, green tail and some light green dress.
168. Ruby Dear (4:21): Orange skin, light blue short hair, purple tail, and some dark blue maid dress with light frills that shows cleavage. Also, she's carrying a green broom.

That's pretty much all of them, at least on the video.
Quartz Falcon
Quartz Falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:09 pm

10 points as promised. There is a villainess, but I guess she isn't in the monster book, thankfully since she is a villainess she's got some art. Also can mentally dominate beast/monsters. I'll throw up something about her unless you would want to for 5 points.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down