Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

caption requests

+2
Rainday
Kamenrider
6 posters

Go down

caption requests Empty caption requests

Post  Kamenrider Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:50 pm

now that we have our own forum perhaps it might be possible to start requests for captions by some of our most accomplished caption writers who naturally need to be supplied with the base material for the pictures you want captioned.

what do you guys think especially Rico and the main captioning members
Kamenrider
Kamenrider

Back to top Go down

caption requests Empty Re: caption requests

Post  Rainday Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:37 pm

It doesn't hurt to have such a thread, and I would be open to it once I feel better and get some stuff out of the way. Hopefully it will inspire some more people to join us in captioning as well.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamenrider Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:58 pm

frankly i'd like to do it but i don't have any software to do it with it i think

cause as much as i like writing story's i'm not good at lengthy drawn out stuff.
either its rather short but kick ass or its just way to long
Kamenrider
Kamenrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:32 pm

I just use paint and Microsoft word. Write it up in word to make sure there are no errors, color it there, and then paste it into paint. Though I will admit my approach doesn't really deal well with adding effects like hearts, kiss marks, and I sure as hell can't make those hypnotic or transformative gifs like those I love from Angrywhiteboy and Detached. Still, I can make nice stories that fit well, and that's enough for a caption.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  RainbowSevenRainbow Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:00 pm

I would be game for writing a few captions if I had any confidence at all in my own writing. And if I was sure, absolutely sure, that other people didn't completely hate it.
RainbowSevenRainbow
RainbowSevenRainbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamenrider Tue May 01, 2012 4:49 am

only one way to find out mate go out there and try your best
Kamenrider
Kamenrider

Back to top Go down

Post  umbra Wed May 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Sure. A request thread is fine. Who knows? Maybe I'll join in too if I see anything I like.

umbra

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamenrider Thu May 03, 2012 12:46 pm

right i'm going to give it a go some one post a picture and a rough outline of what you want and i'll give it a go
Kamenrider
Kamenrider

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Fri May 04, 2012 1:25 am

Eh, I might try out short captions sometime. I never really figured myself "good" at that, but who knows. Until then, there's just my images with story text in Rico's VIP groups as far as my "writing" goes.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sat May 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Norenia wrote:Eh, I might try out short captions sometime. I never really figured myself "good" at that, but who knows. Until then, there's just my images with story text in Rico's VIP groups as far as my "writing" goes.

Don't sell yourself short dood, you do great captions and have great ideas that make such wonderful stories. I don't really blame you for putting yourself down, hell, I'm surprised people actually enjoy what I write. That's not to say I don't put in 100%, spell checking, grammar checking, making sure things have that right flow while rereading it, making sure I'm not overusing certain words unless intentional(thesaurus.com is awesome for this).

Making sure they fit the character is a challenge sometimes, capturing what makes that character herself and not someone else who is just a puppet for your words. It's quite hard, causing to feel like I'm trying too hard sometimes, but in the end I'm happy with the results. Researching a bit helps too, just viewing a few lines of dialog from their text, or watching a episode really helps with that. That's why I tend to avoid cursing in my writing, unless it comes for the villainess usually. They get a free pass for the most part because, well, they are the villain and such naughty words just need to coo from their ravishing lips sometimes.

But yeah, that's what I do, hope it helps all of you.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  angrywhiteboy42 Fri May 11, 2012 12:22 am

Thanks for the kind words upthread, Lurker.

I'd be open to at least looking through caption requests (although, at present, it seems like we're more interested in talking process than in making requests, which I'm all for).

My advice for captions: Write what turns you on. When you read back over your work, you should be able to get at least some sort of thrill out of it. One of the reasons that I use the TTT (villainess talking directly to the reader/victim) style is that it allows me to use the things that would work on me in my writing. (Of course, this is also why my work tends to skew more F/M than some people are comfortable with, so take it with a grain of salt).

As to tools, as Lurker said, MS Paint is more than enough when you're staring out. Once you get the hang of executing your ideas, you might want to look into learning to use GIMP (I can't post links yet, so google it), it's a free open source ripoff of Photoshop. The learning curve is a little high, but there are good tutorials online to help you out, and the increased flexibility can make your output a lot more interesting.

My last piece of advice is not to force it. Look through the pictures available to you in the group (and elsewhere), and pick out the ones that speak to you. A facial expression, a particularly exciting scenario - let the picture guide the caption.

And remember: There's no harm in trying.

angrywhiteboy42

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamenrider Fri May 11, 2012 4:23 am

glad everyone seems to be on board with this idea.

i think now would be a good moment for some one to make a sticky topic for it with a similar title
Kamenrider
Kamenrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down