Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The reason Lord of Shadows is a Castlevania game is Kojima... Wait what?

3 posters

Go down

The reason Lord of Shadows is a Castlevania game is Kojima...  Wait what? Empty The reason Lord of Shadows is a Castlevania game is Kojima... Wait what?

Post  Rainday Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:42 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/02/hideo-kojima-turned-lords-of-shadow-into-castlevania-lords-of-shadow/

Kojima? Komjima! KOJIMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The reason Lord of Shadows is a Castlevania game is Kojima...  Wait what? That_f10

But... Metal Gear... But... Lords of Shadows... But... It... I....
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

The reason Lord of Shadows is a Castlevania game is Kojima...  Wait what? Empty Re: The reason Lord of Shadows is a Castlevania game is Kojima... Wait what?

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:54 am

....probably not a good time to mention I enjoyed Lords of Shadow almost as much as Symphony of the Moon. >.>;

Crap. I said that, didn't I?
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

The reason Lord of Shadows is a Castlevania game is Kojima...  Wait what? Empty Re: The reason Lord of Shadows is a Castlevania game is Kojima... Wait what?

Post  creativerealms Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:22 pm

I have stayed out of the current generation of systems and games what is this a bad game or something?
creativerealms
creativerealms

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:20 pm

It's the "Best selling Castlevania game", except it isn't Castlevania. It isn't even developed by Konami, they gave it to some US company which but the focus on combat and gore and made it more like God of War with a rip off of Shadow of the Colossus thrown in. It's not a metroidvania in any sense, not 2d, and the worse offense would be no sexy monstergirls. Everything is more gritty and realistic. I'm sure it's a okay game, but it's no Castlevania in any traditional sense. They where making such excellent progress too with Portrait of Ruin & Sorrow... Ecclesia was great too, even if Dracula was hard as hell and the art style didn't jive with me.

And now that this game is the "Best selling Castlevania game", where is that gonna leave us, the true fans of castlevania? Do you think Konami will go back to tradition when there is more money in the other direction?

It just makes me uncertain for the franchises future, and it's all because of Kojima...
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:04 am

Well, considering the original Castlevania games for the NES, Lords of Shadow does follow the original formula more than the GBA/DS games did. True, it did play a lot like God of War (and there was only one fight against a collossus), but like God of War, its an action-adventure game with some RPG aspects. Though Konami didn't work on it originally, I think they saw that its Western audeince needed something different from what their Eastern audience did. If you don't remember, Konami was having issues with marketing the franchise over here in the West around the time of Ecclesia and Ruin. Kojima was with them for years, so they just tapped that resource, knowing he was capable of making a good game. They need to focus on both making good games and maintaining a profit (looks at Capcom for an example of letting profit run their minds instead of making a game that holds the brand name up). This doesn't mean we can't get games along the lines of Portrait of Ruin; I think we can have both the sexy montergirls and this throwback to old-school action-adventure/platforming.

Besides, I think I remember hearing the guy who made God of War that Zelda and the old NES Castlevanias were an inspiration for his games. >.>
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down