Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What game are you playing/looking towards?

+11
shirokami
AzureTyrant
ZeroStormZZ
Technic Generation
065227n
Hornofdesolation
Nightington
DoubleEdged
Rainday
Quartz Falcon
DrgnmastrAlex
15 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

What game are you playing/looking towards? - Page 11 Empty Re: What game are you playing/looking towards?

Post  DoubleEdged Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:15 am

Okay, I'm definitely not feeling the awkwardness I had with Zesteria in Berseria. In fact, the only awkwardness I've felt with it is Ben Diskin as Rokurou; not that he's doing a bad job, but I haven't heard English dubs use "Hissatsu!" or "Shine!" other than Soul Calibur's Mitsurugi. The game itself, actually, it's been easy enough for me that I've taken it to Hard difficulty right off the bat. Occasionally, I have gotten overwhelmed by certain enemies, but this Break Soul system has been really helpful in letting me stay aggressive.

Oh, and unfortunately, I should probably spread this bit of news: there's a few unsavory things done with Dragon Quest XI. Notably, camera control is disabled for female enemies in the bestiary. Also, looks like we got another meme writer that has to put strange pop culture into places it doesn't belong.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

What game are you playing/looking towards? - Page 11 Empty Re: What game are you playing/looking towards?

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:19 am

DoubleEdged wrote:Oh, and unfortunately, I should probably spread this bit of news: there's a few unsavory things done with Dragon Quest XI. Notably, camera control is disabled for female enemies in the bestiary. Also, looks like we got another meme writer that has to put strange pop culture into places it doesn't belong.

The former I can understand, especially for an NA release where that would cause an issue (then again, this game is a minimum of T rated as far as I know, so that's rather idiotic since that kind of content wouldn't be an issue among its target base). The latter doesn't need to be in there unless it's smartly done, and that's extremely difficult to do in high fantasy settings, so it shouldn't have been done here at all.

I'll still get the game, though. Probably around Christmas.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:41 pm

MEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHDOA6 is going to be a waitforcheapdeal game for me.
https://teamninja-studio.com/doa6/us/products.html
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  testuser Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:06 am

Both these bits of news you have brout to me are outrageous

DOA and Soul Calibur can rot for gating off fan favorite characters (Nyotengu and Tira)

As for Dragon Quest, I’m sure Nintendo of Amerika has something to do with it... They freaking changed Martina's name to Jade too! We can't have nice things anymore -_-
testuser
testuser

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:21 am

Nyotengu was my main in DoA5 so that kind of sucks. I'm pissed about Tira for a different reason than most though. The SC6 director heavily implied that Tira was supposed to be in the base roster and higher ups forced her into the dlc slot, which means Bamco is once again doing their bullshit to sabotage Soul Calibur while Tekken gets everything.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:51 am

testuser wrote:As for  Dragon Quest, I’m sure Nintendo of Amerika has something to do with it... They freaking changed Martina's name to Jade too! We can't have nice things anymore -_-

It's not even on Nintendo. But I get it.
And that Martina bit I hadn't actually heard yet. Seriously? Why?
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:41 pm

Torna: The Golden Country has arrived for Xenoblade 2. It can be bought as either part of the Expansion Pass, or by physical copy. It's entirely standalone, though after some of what I've seen in just 4 hours, you probably should beat Xenoblade 2 first.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:20 pm

Just got Gundam Breaker 3. By the time I got to the first Perfect Grade boss, I had started to figure out the merge system and how to trade abilities around. And I also had enough of the right sort of parts that the first sortie of the Rising Phoenix Mk1 was where it Awakened against said PG boss. Also, once I got those abilities figured out, things started getting crazy. I started the game, it felt barely faster than what that crappy "New Gundam Breaker" was showing off. An hour later, GOTTA GO FASTER FASTER FASTERFASTERFASTER!

... Of course, awkwardly enough, I only have one Rising Gundam part so far, the arms. I did get Nobel head later, and while it's not Destiny, I did get Wing Gundam backpack. Not a bad start so far. Of course, I'll have to start thinking up other designs as well for the "teammates" to use.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:51 pm

Customization is super fun in GB3, both in looks and in gameplay. It's really amazing how badly New Gundam Breaker was a step back. A few tips, in the arena you can go and fight certain suits for money, but more importantly for their parts. You should check and see if any of the suits on the list have any parts you want, because if they do then you can pretty easily grind the part of them in a couple tries. Some people just post full sets of a certain mobile suit up there, which lets you get that suit's parts far earlier. The people who did that for the Woundwort were a godsend, since that only shows up as the final boss of the last dlc. Also, if you obtain half the parts of a suit then the suit will appear in the shop to buy. Costs a decent amount though.

Also, this gives me an excuse to use the suit I played for a lot of the game. I could definitely make a better version now with all parts available, but the inspiration should be pretty obvious.
https://i.imgur.com/Qj39QVr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/POrlfrz.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/INY6KgJ.jpg
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:55 pm

I don’t suppose there’s a “Female Gundam Fighter” avatar to use in the game, is there? Or is it all Normal Suit style (with blank helmets) avatars only?
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Afraid no Gundam Fighter outfit. Just varying normal suits with helmet.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:56 pm

Eh, oh well. Some of those normal suits do still look rather decent for female avatars.

But seriously, my god is this game crazy. Faster than Versus crazy. What the hell happened that they ended up destroying the reputation of the whole damn series with "New?" Now I'm just kinda miffed that I can't stream this.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:29 pm

Where do I even begin? At it's core, the answer is two things. First, take the game away from the developers of the first three Gundam Breaker games and give it to a new team. Second, a focus on pushing Esports of all things. They really pushed the 3v3 PVP mode of the game, to the point where they didn't bother putting co-op into the singleplayer (which GB3 has).

Now that you've played 3 a bit I feel like you can really understand just how bad they fucked up.
1. Boost cancelling is removed. I hope you didn't like going fast.
2. Builder Parts now don't give options, so if you put a rocket launcher on your suit you can't equip it as an in battle option, while in 3 you could. This is because...
3. Options have been merged into EX Skills, which are no longer tied to weapons. They are tied to specific parts, you if you want certain EX Skills you need to equip certain parts. But...
4. You don't level up parts. They start at level 1 at the beginning of every match, and must be leveled up every single stage during the stage. This is the pushing the PVP part of the problem, they decided to retool leveling to be like a fucking MOBA for the sake of PVP.
5. Speaking of parts, there's a mechanic where the parts you pick up you can instantly equip. However, not only does this make your suit look like a complete mess, it adds another problem. To actually obtain the part, after picking it up you then have to run back to your base and put it away. You can only hold so many parts at once, so have fun running away from battles to put away your parts.

Basically it was so bad Gundam Breaker 3 charted higher than it on launch week in Japan. It was so bad that more people bought 3 out of protest than people bought New, which is pretty incredible.

Oh yeah, and one more thing I forgot. Despite saying it would have every suit back, what that meant was having a fraction of the suits, a couple new ones, and then adding suits back in every like week or so. If you miss these time limited missions however, it becomes extremely difficult to find the parts for that suit because there's no longer a stage to farm it. You have to prey you fight a random opponent with those parts, because dlc suits don't show up in the shop. So not only does the game have less customization options than 3, if you aren't playing it constantly you can easily miss out on dlc suits.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:04 am

Been playing the hell out of Spider-Man for the PS4. It's a really good game: web-slinging and travel is smooth like butter, and the combat can get pretty engaging (although I do have a few issues with how it'll throw four enemy types at you regularly after you pass level 10, which is still about three hours into the game). Unless you take certain talents, you need to remember some basic things about enemy types:

Enemies with melee weapons/stun batons will block your melee attacks, so you need to launch them into the air or web them.

Enemies with shields cannot be launched or attacked from the front, so you need to dodge under them (which is pretty easy since all you need to do is either do a web or melee attack and then immediately hit dodge) to hit them from behind.

Enemies with guns WILL fire on you consistently if you leave them at range, but they sometimes will try to hit you with the butt of their guns as a melee attack, so dodge appropriately.

Brute enemies will block your melee attacks unless you fully web them up, at which point they're completely vulnerable for a limited time. They also do successive attacks, so you CANNOT put your guard down around them or over half your health bar will be knocked off.

And all enemies' melee attacks tend to track. :\

It's entirely possible to just use simple web attacks with melee to handle encounters, but when you get into fights with five or six or more goons (especially if they're varied), you either need to be on your game or utilize web gadgets to clear them out. Impact Web is really good if you want to one-shot an enemy (that only works if they're close to a wall, though, and you don't have as much ammo for that as normal webbing, plus it doesn't regen), and electric webbing and the web bomb is INCREDIBLY useful in crowd control for these standard encounters. You'll probably just go straight to electric webbing when you get it and use it for the rest of these fights. It's just that sometimes, depending on the lack of lighting in an area or the layout of the area, it's really damn easy to get swarmed (this is where their auto-tracking melee attacks become bullshit). But for the most part, failure in combat does feel like it's your own fault and lack of attention and care in handling the situation, so I'm rarely justifiably angry at the game in that regard.

The game uses a Focus gauge which, depending on how much you have (and you can gain more focus bars as you level up), can allow you to perform finishers, which instantly knock out any standard enemy. Depending on the amount of focus you have if you have more than one focus bar, a finisher can also do extra damage to non-standard enemies (like bosses). Focus can also be used to heal yourself mid-combat (which has saved my ass more than once), and the more you have, the more you heal.

Outside of that, you get tokens for finding your old backpacks, photographing landmarks in Manhattan, clearing crime missions, and other content that I won't go into. These tokens are used to effectively buy suits and gadgets, plus upgrades for your gadgets and upgrades to your suit itself. Access to these suits and gadgets/upgrades either unlocks through story progress or through hitting certain levels.

Suits aren't only cosmetic, though: the vast majority of them have suit powers that can really help out in fights, and they have a cooldown. Suit powers can range from an emp wave that stuns enemies and disables their weapons, to electrifying your punches, to negating an enemy's ability to alert others during stealth when activated beforehand. They're a mix of crowd control, buffs, or support abilities that you can use in a pinch or to make a fight a lot easier.

Story is nothing special thus far, but the voice acting is excellent and the dialogue and characterization for all the characters are handled very well, so this is a game that you'll be pushing through the story due to it being character-driven.

As a final aside, J. Jonah Jameson retired from the Daily Bugle, and has his own radio talk show; yes, in this game he's the equivalent of Alex Jones. XD
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:57 pm

For those that might be curious, the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 standalone prequel expansion lasts about 18 hours. Though I will say that there isn't much really added to the lore with it; they just went into live detailing of the event, and tweaked the gameplay in order to run with 9 defined playable characters rather than the Gacha Blade Bonding system that makes pretty much every player's combat experience unique. I'd say in the end, the Expansion Pass price was worthy for the amount of content.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  vesago_x Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:01 am

What game are you playing/looking towards? - Page 11 Yo1EglH

Soon.........
vesago_x
vesago_x

Back to top Go down

Post  vesago_x Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:58 pm

This one:

What game are you playing/looking towards? - Page 11 Sor4
vesago_x
vesago_x

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11