Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Monsters CYOA (Part I)

+9
Aggra
Rainday
testuser
Nightington
DoubleEdged
JksAccount
obviousagent
tilltherewas1
ZeroStormZZ
13 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

World of Monsters CYOA (Part I) - Page 38 Empty Re: World of Monsters CYOA (Part I)

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:13 pm

Seconding DoubleEdged's picks. We can wait to distribute equipment until the party is settled in.
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

World of Monsters CYOA (Part I) - Page 38 Empty Re: World of Monsters CYOA (Part I)

Post  tilltherewas1 Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:28 pm

A, let's also ask for the word on the street. Some of these venders might have info or side quest for us.

Agreeing with the sentiment of holding off on item distribution until we get a room. Might keep that pharaoh makeup for Celtica

tilltherewas1
tilltherewas1

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:49 pm

I see good choices were made while I was away. I'll go with D's suggestion.

Am looking forward to applying that makeup to Elph when we get to the inn.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Wait, I'm confused on where you want to go. Hualin's shop isn't the armor shop, it's the weapon shop.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:13 pm

ZeroStormZZ wrote:an armor shop run by a brown haired woman with glasses and a mix of maid and Asian clothing

That's Hualin. Weapon blondie is Lynette. Boobs is Valeria.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:18 pm

Oh whoops then that was my mistake in the update that I didn't catch. Yeah my bad there, Hualin and Lynette are supposed to be switched.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:20 pm

Alright, my choice is still armor shop, whether it's Hualin or Lynette.

Besides, it's been so long since I played SC3 that I forgot which one ran which store too. (A roommate apparently let someone else borrow my copy without asking me, the box also having my memory card, and it never got returned)
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Leaving Sylphie's shop Celtica figured it would be best to check out what kind of armor and outfits they might be able to get here and decided to next check out that place. The woman at the counter was a cute blonde haired girl who smiled when they came in. "Welcome! Would you like to buy anything?" she asked in an innocent tone, and Celtica nodded before looking around.

Armor Shop-
Ebony Armor (Outfit): Fairly sleek medium weight black armor that is easy enough to move in. Reduces the damage of light attacks by half. (50 Coins)
Titanus Armor (Outfit): Very heavy bronze armor that empowers the wearer. Decreases Agility by one rank but increases Physical by one rank. (70 Coins)
Emerald Armor (Outfit): Lightweight armor with green jewels in it to channel magical energy. Increases the Magical traits of the wearer by one rank. (80 Coins)
Maid Uniform (Outfit): A beautiful outfit worn by maids. Increases Skill by one rank, but decreases the wearer's ability to resist those with high Will. (30 Coins)
Harlequin Bodysuit (Outfit): A tight red and blue sleek bodysuit with a harlequin headpiece as well. Seems to have no benefits, but comes with makeup and can be used as a disguise. (40 Coins)
Golden Glory Dress (Outfit): A shimmering fancy golden dress. Increases Charisma by one rank and increases the chance of locating rare items when worn. (100 Gold)
Tengu Cosplay Gear (Outfit): A black feathered outfit with wings and long nosed mask to make the wearer appear to be a tengu. Decreases charm and corruption resistance to Tengu, but increases chance to charm, befriend or enslave a Tengu. (50 Gold)

A. Buy items from her. (If so, what?)
B. Don't buy anything.
C. Write-In.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Well, we are certainly going to have a lot of outfits, picking what goes on who is going to be fun... As for me, I prefer style over substance so...
A
Maid Uniform
Harlequin Bodysuit
Golden Glory Dress
Tengu Cosplay Gear.

We're definitely going to have a dress up party when we get back to the inn.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:14 pm

I would like to add 1 Ebony Armor to Rainday's list (we should at least have SOMETHING practical available, and it isn't too costly, though we are starting to run low on money. Again, we need to start selling some stuff).

(We're also going to need more allies to put some of this stuff onto. >_>)

Spoiler:
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:58 pm

DoubleEdged wrote:I would like to add 1 Ebony Armor to Rainday's list (we should at least have SOMETHING practical available, and it isn't too costly, though we are starting to run low on money. Again, we need to start selling some stuff).

(We're also going to need more allies to put some of this stuff onto. >_>)

Spoiler:

I can agree to that. The only real weapon I'm interested in getting at the moment is maybe some new guns for Elphelt and a new lance for Nephenee. Still, I am a little worried about a overcrowded party, just because smaller parties are easier to character develop for, but if Zero can handle it, and we use some spilt up/kidnapped mechanics we could be fine.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:03 pm

I'm pretty sure Elphelt's guns are considered a unique, personal item that can't really be changed out, though additional guns being made as regular weapons aren't a bad idea. And then I kinda just thought of something- We still have a "Cyclone Blade" in our inventory, described as a double-sword; can't that be wielded rather spear-like?
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Like I said before, there are no limits to party size. Depending on how big the party gets I'll probably have more "Hey you're safe for the moment, want to hang out with X?" options and of course there will be situations where splitting up or not bringing everyone will be recommended or forced by in game circumstances. And the Cyclone Blade can indeed work as a kind of makeshift spear.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Buy list-
-Golden Glory Dress (Celtica)
-Ebony Armor (Bullet to replace Shinobi gear)
-Maid Outfit
-Harlequin Outfit

Sell list-
- Shinobi Gear
-Classy Suit
S-Coral Ring x1
-Fox Idol

Sell at Weapon store for presumably better price
-Oni Club x3
- Shinobi Edge
-Damaged Oni Blade
tilltherewas1
tilltherewas1

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:43 pm

I can't agree to selling Fox Idol and Damaged Oni Blade (For that matter, we still haven't come across any sort of craftswoman in our adventure, except for Lizbeth, who was a hostile). The rest I'd be fine with (and we should probably consider selling our potions, since we've had them forever and still haven't used them once)
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:55 pm

The idol has no real benefit until we meet really specific circumstances and we have plenty of better weapons than the oni blade. The only way id say keep it is if we can actually find a blacksmith and use the materials to upgrade with them.

If we sell healing potions I'm ok with that but I wanna keep the Elixir just in case we find a girl to add that we can actually save (Zero I would like a heads up post for when we encounter a girl for that purpose)
tilltherewas1
tilltherewas1

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:23 pm

I'm fine with everything EXCEPT selling the Fox Idol. Please don't do that. Sad
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:04 pm

The only thing I would sell is 2 of the oni clubs, the rest can be equipped when we need it or on additional party members

(aka we are selling that fox idol over my dead body =) )
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:23 pm

Ok, so are people fine with Rainyday's list plus the Ebony Armor for buying? I'm seeing a lot less clarity on selling, so what exactly does everyone want to sell?
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:30 pm

What I want to sell-

-Volt Scimitar
-Classy Suit
-Oni Clubs
-5 Restoration Potions (we haven't dealt with "health," period)
-5 Resist Potions (I can see them becoming necessary later, so I'm only listing half of them)
-All S-Coral Rings
-Shinobi Edge
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:04 pm

tilltherewas1 wrote:
Sell list-
- Shinobi Gear
-Classy Suit
S-Coral Ring x1

Sell at Weapon store for presumably better price
-Oni Club x3
- Shinobi Edge
-Damaged Oni Blade

Leave on top of Rainday's dead corpse
-FOX IDOL lol!
tilltherewas1
tilltherewas1

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroStormZZ Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:11 pm

I should note that the Classy Suit's effects has been giving you better prices in shops (Except for Sylphie's) so if you want to sell it you may want to wait until you are done buying things.
ZeroStormZZ
ZeroStormZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:14 pm

ZeroStormZZ wrote:I should note that the Classy Suit's effects has been giving you better prices in shops (Except for Sylphie's) so if you want to sell it you may want to wait until you are done buying things.

That's why we are buying items first and then selling
tilltherewas1
tilltherewas1

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:23 pm

But we haven't gone weapon shopping or general item shopping, the classy suit saves more than it probably can be sold for.

Plus it can help with ally recruitment.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:26 pm

Alright, I'll drop Classy Suit from the sale list for now. Hopefully, if my next plan goes through, we'll have a better option.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next