Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion!

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion! - Page 11 Empty Re: Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion!

Post  Numbers. on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:22 am

Rdishon wrote:...'fair' is kinda difficult to achieve with this system, and the way my last battle turned out combined with the latest 'update' rather soured the game for me, but I suppose I might give another whirl if you just want to get a feel for it... Maybe something low leveled against just two-three heroes/heroines will have better flow... I dunno.

Hey, I've spent the past eight years building tabletop games, I'm down for a bit of unbalance. Balance for balance's sake is boring. Losing is half the fun, you know?

On a related note, I'm willing to help with grunt work and such if you need an extra pair of hands, Malboro.
Numbers.
Numbers.

Back to top Go down

Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion! - Page 11 Empty Re: Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion!

Post  Rdishon on Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:10 pm

Numbers. wrote:Hey, I've spent the past eight years building tabletop games, I'm down for a bit of unbalance. Balance for balance's sake is boring. Losing is half the fun, you know?

Alright... let's see what we've got here that's interesting... Hmm... How would you like going up against Prehensile Hair Girl? That one looks like it might be fun.

Rdishon

http://rdishon.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Numbers. on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:10 pm

Sounds like fun. Sure, why not. Is there a chat or anything I ought to be in, or is it just writing to page?
Numbers.
Numbers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rdishon on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:48 pm

Just writing to page, usually. Occasionally using private messages if the need arises.

That said, I'm a little busy at the moment, so I'll need a couple of days before I can set this up properly.

Rdishon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:39 am

if you have discord i am still active on that! People use it to give me ideas for new monster girls or mechanics I love you Lady Malboro#4028
Lady Malboro
Lady Malboro

Back to top Go down

Post  Numbers. on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:38 pm

Lady Malboro wrote:if you have discord i am still active on that! People use it to give me ideas for new monster girls or mechanics I love you Lady Malboro#4028
I do, as it happens. I'll probably attempt to add you tomorrow at some point when I'm not about to wake up in three and a half hours. ^^;
Numbers.
Numbers.

Back to top Go down

Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion! - Page 11 Empty Just a noob looking for some answers.

Post  Shadow72 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:46 am

Hello all, new to this forum. Don't know  if its dead, dying or alive yet. I guess I'll find out by the responses bellow.

I was thinking of creating a heroine and had a few questions before the final touches:

- Are unique actions abilities something anyone can use or do they need to be 'bought'?
- Each turn, a character can move and use one of the following: Attack, Action, Item unless an ability states otherwise. Is this correct?
- For the 'Jump' command ability, must the target be within attack range for it to take effect? I.e If I attack square 2,3 (on which the target was) and they move to square 4,6 during their turn(Before jump executes), do they still suffer the damage or?
-The 'X-' Passive ability series only makes the commands execute twice, right? So, someone with 'X-attack' can attack twice, but not attack and then use an item.
-How does inventory and stealing work? Is it decided before the start what the parties inventory is and that's that? Or does it carry over the loot your character had from previous battles?
-Does losing a battle mean perma-death of your character? (I.e, they officially case being a hero/heroine)

Hope to her from you,
Shadow72

Shadow72

Back to top Go down

Post  Rdishon on Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 am

Some answers:
1) Unique Actions is indeed something that anyone can use. (don't ask why LM named them 'Unique', It makes zero sense to me either)
2)Yeah.
3) If I understand your question correctly, that is irrelevant. The Jump ability's will adjust your aim as the stated target moves so you will always land in melee range of them. Whether or not empty spaces are viable targets for Jump is debatable.
4) At the moment, each 'X-' passive follows it's own rules. X-Attack works as you described, X-Ability allows the use of two different Command or Unique abilities, and X-Item allows one use of Item each turn as a 'free action' regardless of your other actions that turn.
5) Inventory is usually decided by the one running the Battle before it's start and does not carry over. Stealing is generally used to gain a unique advantage from a Monster or give that monster a unique lasting disadvantage. The exact details and the chances of success changes from monster to monster, but you can look up old battle for examples,
6) No, there are currently no consequences to losing a battle.

Rdishon

Back to top Go down

Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion! - Page 11 Empty Just a noob looking for some answers.

Post  Shadow72 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:25 am

Thank you. Well, not to finalize my char.

Shadow72

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow72 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:44 am

I take it that like any other RP, I need Lady Malboro to approve the heroine?

Shadow72

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:06 am

Shadow72 wrote:I take it that like any other RP, I need Lady Malboro to approve the heroine?

Nope! i usually just tidy them up and add them to the database im sure whoever is running a battle can look at your char and let you know if its all good or not!
Lady Malboro
Lady Malboro

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow72 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:59 am

Alright.

Oh, and nice to formally meet you, Malboro.

Shadow72

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:17 am

Hey everyone, just thought id try to squeeze in some changes that have been flying around in custom rules that make sense!

Quickcast and Dualcast have been removed; TLDR: they were too OP, no fun oneshotting monster girls! All instances have been removed from all characters to be sure to pay a visit and check to see if yours needs updating!

Unique actions now simply called Actions; As pointed out earlier theres' nothing "unique" about them! so to save confusions they are simply Action or Action abilities.

Berserk and Intensify no longer punish you; Berserk and Intensify will now not limit you to only attacking or casting spells, instead they will remain on you increasing damage for as long as you are using that type of ability/ attack. For example the turn you cast a spell whilst under Berserk it will be removed. Their buff damage along with Three Stars have been lowered a little to avoid the creeping power spike.

The Spellbook Powercreep; People have begun to notice spellbooks are more efficient, safer and just the better choice to pick over physical ranged abilities (especially with elemental weaknesses now in the game), i have modified some spells, removed some others and lowered values on others to try to stop their march of dominance!

More restrictions on Jump; Jumps strong, right? Still a little two strong with its ability to dodge everything and also deal decent damage. Players who are suffering from immobilize condition or any affect that prevents movement completely will prevent Jump from being used.

Regen now works of pure base %, not on Magic; Seemed weird having this one split, so Regen now simply removes 5% maximum charmed or hardness counters from Heroine and Heroes and recovers 5% maximum HP for enemies (with a health value).

Darkness now abit clearer in description; Darkness condition now reads that it only stops command & action abilities except spellbooks (players can still basic attack and move) as i had always intended.

Hug your friends with Embrace being back; I originally removed Embrace because it was an command ability effect that anyone could use (so they would clearly never take it) but i thought it should be back, with a lesser effect to justify still having a better version locked to command abilities.

Items will remain removed by default; Seen afew people question why i removed items,  i removed it because it took away from the "healer/ support" role that i was hoping someone would play in a battle. Why take White Magic when items could replicate most of their effects. I will continue to remove all instances of Item (x-item, item-lock, command/ passives, monster effects etc) from the main-game entrys.

Last edited by Lady Malboro on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Malboro
Lady Malboro

Back to top Go down

Post  vesago_x on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:46 pm

Dualcast has been removed!?!?!?

Monster Girl Collectible Card Profiles: General Discussion! - Page 11 Vader_NOOOO
vesago_x
vesago_x

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow72 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:00 pm

Another noobish question, but does jump consume an attack action next round to deall damage or is that a free action?

Shadow72

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Malboro on Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:30 pm

Shadow72 wrote:Another noobish question, but does jump consume an attack action next round to deall damage or is that a free action?

Yes Jump will consume the next turn action (or one of them if you have X-Ability).
Lady Malboro
Lady Malboro

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow72 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Thanks, LM.

Shadow72

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:25 am

Hmm loving the new parasite queen

been too long since there's a game
tilltherewas1
tilltherewas1

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:08 pm

Well there's a slew of reasons for that. People holding up the game causing people to wait days for one turn, balancing issues.

Still the game has promise. I'm sure interest could be reignited with more activity around here
tilltherewas1
tilltherewas1

Back to top Go down

Post  DrgnmastrAlex on Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:03 am

I'm liking the look of parasite queen. :3
DrgnmastrAlex
DrgnmastrAlex

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastar on Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:04 am

tilltherewas1 wrote:Well there's a slew of reasons for that. People holding up the game causing people to wait days for one turn, balancing issues.
The unannounced domain change didn't help matters, either.  Does anyone know what happened?  It was somehow replaced on forumotion by a board that was last active more than ten years ago.
Blastar
Blastar

Back to top Go down

Post  tilltherewas1 on Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:00 pm

Agreed, it was a quite a surprise
tilltherewas1
tilltherewas1

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightington on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:47 am

Perhaps with future battles going forward, put in a time limit or the gamemasterr either chooses a Reasonable Action for you or skips your turn? 24 hours mayhap?

Nightington

Back to top Go down

Post  065227n on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:28 pm

I hope everyone managed to find out the new forum URL.

I feel like that battles take too long for me to run - updating after every step tends to take a huge chunk of time even with automated tools assistance and yes, I notice that whenever someone starts slipping in timely turns taken it's very likely that everyone else follows suit.

I sort of want to create a much faster system with changes like having everyone write down their moves at the same time and then all actions happens with any conflicts (like walking into the same squares) resulting in "fun" happening, and also try to fix some of the balance issues and "player death" issue (which is when converted players get ganged up on really quick so they don't get a lot of time to enjoy playing a convert) since I think it would really cut down on the time spent if I only had to do updating once per team rather than character, but I don't quite have the time to even run games any more, let alone come up with a system that can work in the feeling of the conversion theme well.

065227n

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum