Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for new place to host group pics! (FOUND)

5 posters

Go down

Looking for new place to host group pics! (FOUND) Empty Looking for new place to host group pics! (FOUND)

Post  Rainday Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Okay, so as some of you are aware, Yahoo Groups album system has not only screwed up once, or twice, but three god damn times.  The most current issue is pics going missing from folders, along with it's general random setup.  I recently checked the captions folder to get a pic story a user requested, only to see 24 or so pics available out of the 279 that were suppose to be in there.  This aggravates me greatly.  However, I still have a vast majority of said pics stored from all albums.  

Not gonna lie, I need help with dealing with this.  That's where you all come in.  I need people to find some of the best free pic storage sites on the internet, and lay them down here for us to decide which one is most suited for the group.

Here are the major requirements
1) It allows for adult content
2) It has some form of folder/album system
3) It can take more than 3+ gigs worth of pics
4) It can support gifs
5) Size restrictions are kept to a minimum, if at all.
6) It's free

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but it hits a majority of the bases.  So please suggest away.  Once we feel that we have enough suitable candidates we will begin a group debate on which is best, after which I(and hopefully others =) ) will begin uploading to fill it with old and new content alike.  

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here as well and I will answer them as soon as possible.

Looking for new place to host group pics! (FOUND) Note10

Last edited by Rainday on Sun May 04, 2014 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Looking for new place to host group pics! (FOUND) Empty Re: Looking for new place to host group pics! (FOUND)

Post  singory Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:33 pm

I see some people using https://imgur.com/ , and it has folders

some are hosting pictures that are clearly p.o.r.n , just like https://charmed.variousforum.com/t392-11-superheroine-corruption-comics-huge-find-points-requested

singory

http://singory.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Looking for new place to host group pics! (FOUND) Empty Re: Looking for new place to host group pics! (FOUND)

Post  shirokami Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:30 pm

I'd suggest a booru. They can be made for free, support tagging of pictures and since at least 50% of boorus contain smut our content shouldn't be a problem.

The only thing it doesn't have is separate galleries, but I believe pools and tags can make up for that.
shirokami
shirokami

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:05 pm

shirokami
The only real problem I have with boorus is tagging.  I mean it's find with a few pics here and there, but we have a few 1,000... and tagging all of them is something impossible for me to handle.  Then there is source tagging it all which would take a lot of time, and the pixiv sourcing... That would just be a nightmare.  In the long run it could be good once we got everything going, but getting it to that point when we have a backlog of thousands just sounds really troubling to me.

signory
Are we sure that such acts are allowable?  We need to check and verify just so we don't go through another little crisis like we had with this forum.  We also need to know the storage capacity for it.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  shirokami Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:07 pm

I thought that tagging would be a problem, its the bane of most boorus. The closest thing I could think of to solve it is some kind of mission/bounty system and that's a whole new can of worms.
shirokami
shirokami

Back to top Go down

Post  tanjinyi Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:46 am

well uh...there's always e-hentai to fall back on if you make multiple image sets as if they were albums

seriously though, do consider using anonymous cloud storage like dropbox (it's pretty easy to get 3gb+ of free storage through their offers), i've stored about 1GB of lewd pics in there without much problems and i still have space left
tanjinyi
tanjinyi

Back to top Go down

Post  MWkillkenny84 Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:10 pm

*unlurking from the Yahoo group*

I suggest E-Hentai too, Blogspot (many of my favorite caption collections with lemon content are on this or that blogspot site), and Hentai Foundry...

MWkillkenny84

Back to top Go down

Post  singory Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:31 pm

so i just tried Mega

i was told the are libral with what you upload , you start with 30gb free , but i have no idea how it look if you look from the outside ( if it is not your account )

so i uploaded two folders , this is the a link to one , can you see the other folder ? and how is it in browsing ?
https://mega.co.nz/#F!UgUkyYQb

singory

http://singory.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:51 pm

tanjinyi wrote:well uh...there's always e-hentai to fall back on if you make multiple image sets as if they were albums

seriously though, do consider using anonymous cloud storage like dropbox (it's pretty easy to get 3gb+ of free storage through their offers), i've stored about 1GB of lewd pics in there without much problems and i still have space left

I was hoping you would post that again, thank you.  I want to get as many options up here before we make a informed decision.  This will take a while to reach so keep posting ideas everyone.

What we're ideally looking for is something like hypnopics collective or "sticky site" I believe.  Adult Only, the ability to make organized albums for series, something that is easy to search through...  Has a recent addition area...  Area's where artist and commissioners can post there works, the ability to label pics.  This would mostly be for DA, hentai foundary, and tumblr so people know the source and we don't get accused of art theft, because really, we aren't trying to do that.  We want to give credit where credit is due and support such artworks, funneling commissions and publicity to their sites. Ideally I would like to include pixiv and artist blogs in the future.  Additionally artist could make folders on our site for their works which would just make a perfect circle =)

e-hentai doesn't really give us the ability to give credit, it has a page view limit, it has ads when your just trying to go from one pic to another, and it's a... flooded area I guess you can say. Those are my major problems with it.

I do remember your dropbox idea tanjinyi, if we can work something out concerning the space that could be a good option.  

I'll need specifics on Blogspot MWkillkenny84, what criteria does it meet from the above and the like if you would be so kind =)  I've seen some Blogspot stuff before, but I've never really seen galleries for stuff on there.

I'm sorry singory, but Mega is stuck in a loading loop for me, and it does have a deceptive ad in the front...
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  MWkillkenny84 Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:34 am

Rainday wrote:
I'll need specifics on Blogspot MWkillkenny84, what criteria does it meet from the above and the like if you would be so kind =)  I've seen some Blogspot stuff before, but I've never really seen galleries for stuff on there.

I'm sorry singory, but Mega is stuck in a loading loop for me, and it does have a deceptive ad in the front...

Sorry, but I'm not a blogspot user, but a reader/lurker.

At best, I can post links of two blogger that has adult/hentai contents, like MattWilson83's Sage Deo's blog (and from that you can ask him)... here the link h tt p : / / sagedeo . blogspot . com/

MWkillkenny84

Back to top Go down

Post  tanjinyi Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:32 pm

Rainday wrote:
tanjinyi wrote:well uh...there's always e-hentai to fall back on if you make multiple image sets as if they were albums

I was hoping you would post that again, thank you.  I want to get as many options up here before we make a informed decision.  This will take a while to reach so keep posting ideas everyone.

What we're ideally looking for is something like hypnopics collective or "sticky site" I believe.  Adult Only, the ability to make organized albums for series, something that is easy to search through...  Has a recent addition area...  Area's where artist and commissioners can post there works, the ability to label pics.  This would mostly be for DA, hentai foundary, and tumblr so people know the source and we don't get accused of art theft, because really, we aren't trying to do that.  We want to give credit where credit is due and support such artworks, funneling commissions and publicity to their sites. Ideally I would like to include pixiv and artist blogs in the future.  Additionally artist could make folders on our site for their works which would just make a perfect circle =)

e-hentai doesn't really give us the ability to give credit, it has a page view limit, it has ads when your just trying to go from one pic to another, and it's a... flooded area I guess you can say. Those are my major problems with it.

I do remember your dropbox idea tanjinyi, if we can work something out concerning the space that could be a good option.  

I think I can set up a dropbox account with 4-5 GB of storage, just need to pass an email account+dropbox password to me and should be able to set it up. Blogspot is incredibly messy. If you really want a blog-based site, I feel that FC2 is a more solid choice (kind of feel that their blog structure is more flexible and less disorganised). An example would be say lipucd's site. I have one more suggestion and that would be livedoor's wiki. However the main problem with that would be that the interface is completely Japanese. It's quite a good interface too though, I'll link to the CORELIFEUNIT site here: corelifeunit

EDIT: Forgot to mention it but FC2 blogs have 10 GB of free storage.
EDIT 2: ............I neglected the obvious choice in front of me. Can we use google drive? It has 15GB of storage aaaaaaand google has really lax policies on creating accounts. Link:  google drive test folder

singory wrote:so i just tried Mega

i was told the are libral with what you upload , you start with 30gb free , but i have no idea how it look if you look from the outside ( if it is not your account )

so i uploaded two folders , this is the a link to one , can you see the other folder ? and how is it in browsing ?
https://mega.co.nz/#F!UgUkyYQb

Honestly, MEGA should be used for large files, perhaps for image dumps of what we have. I don't enjoy having those sidebars around all the time.
tanjinyi
tanjinyi

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:09 pm

Hmmm, google drive sounds like it has some promise, at least from a storage perspective.  That a load of space that would take me years to fill, folders work too, hmmm...  That's definitely a front runner unless someone can find a drawback.  I do worry if anyone besides the one who makes it will be able to post pics in it.
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  tanjinyi Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:13 am

Rainday wrote:Hmmm, google drive sounds like it has some promise, at least from a storage perspective.  That a load of space that would take me years to fill, folders work too, hmmm...  That's definitely a front runner unless someone can find a drawback.  I do worry if anyone besides the one who makes it will be able to post pics in it.

Edited the permissions, you should now be able to edit the folder however you like. I also set share permissions to all who has the link, which you can easily change to public access if you want to or just leave it as is. Google docs is essentially at the forefront of collaboration, so that should be kind of expected Smile
tanjinyi
tanjinyi

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:40 am

tanjinyi wrote:
Rainday wrote:Hmmm, google drive sounds like it has some promise, at least from a storage perspective.  That a load of space that would take me years to fill, folders work too, hmmm...  That's definitely a front runner unless someone can find a drawback.  I do worry if anyone besides the one who makes it will be able to post pics in it.

Edited the permissions, you should now be able to edit the folder however you like. I also set share permissions to all who has the link, which you can easily change to public access if you want to or just leave it as is. Google docs is essentially at the forefront of collaboration, so that should be kind of expected Smile

Very nice, these sound like perfect options.  As long as no one else has a problem with this one I think we might have ourselves a winner.  I'll probably set up my own for the group just because, but this is looking very good.  Oh, quick question, is there a upload limit?
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  tanjinyi Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:55 am

Rainday wrote:
tanjinyi wrote:

Very nice, these sound like perfect options.  As long as no one else has a problem with this one I think we might have ourselves a winner.  I'll probably set up my own for the group just because, but this is looking very good.  Oh, quick question, is there a upload limit?

Upload limit for one file is....1 TB, as long as you aren't using the files in Google Docs which then converts to 10 MB for docs, 20 MB for spreadsheets and 50 MB for presentations.

tl;dr no image size limit or doc size limit (as long as you don't convert it to google docs and leave it as is)
tanjinyi
tanjinyi

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:15 am

Thank you =)
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Sun May 04, 2014 7:24 pm

Okay, this thread has served it's use. I'm not locking it, just in case some new amazing pic hosting service comes up, but otherwise this is done =)
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down