Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expanding on the "Light-Corruption" thing

4 posters

Go down

Expanding on the "Light-Corruption" thing Empty Expanding on the "Light-Corruption" thing

Post  RainbowSevenRainbow Thu May 24, 2012 3:45 pm

I touched on this in my Kit Bag of Miscellany Post, but I wanted to expand more on the idea of Light-Corruption. I'm sorry for spamming the forum by posting too much, and for rambling.

The idea of what I think can be called Light-Corruption was played with in a few manips on the Hypnopics-Collective, like I said in my Kit Bag of Miscellany Post, but the idea stuck with me, and here we are.

There are a bunch of factors that make me like this concept.

1) The very concept. Darkness is very sexy, and that is a fact that I cannot deny. The difference between this and traditional corruption is the idea that someone aligned with the good guys would do something considered the domain of villainesses is interesting to me just from a reader/writer standpoint. The added fetish appeal comes from the wardrobe opportunities.

2) The fact that the line, at least in my view, between "corruption" and "purification" is a very thin one. I think this started where half my fetishes started--in Sailor Moon fandom, and any show that had a plot line where a bad guy was, either temporarily or permanently, made good. I wondered what the difference was between what the bad guys did by turning good guys evil, and the other way around, and why either way interested me. It was because I always imagined what else our hero(ine)(s) could've put into the minds of the now-reformed baddie. Ah, missed opportunities. That among other things is what got me started writing fanfic in the first place.

3) The fact that it's so unexpected. So the Brilliant Queen of Light has recruited some Magical Girls to aid her eternal struggle against the Empress of Shadows, whose dark beauty has ensared the strongest of minds. What many do not know that the Brilliant Queen of Light and Purity has this selfsame power, and there is no one who didn't say that the Magical Girl warriors are not themselves charmed by the Queen's gently-whispered promises of warmth and pleasure. I find the element of surprise to be an added bonus because, again, no one suspects that the Brilliant Queen is just as skilled a seductress, and by the time you're caught, it was too late thirty seconds ago, because it came so unexpectedly.

4) "Collateral Damage". Removing thoughts of doing evil has the potential of removing all such thoughts if evil thoughts are all they have. That empty space (and there's a lot of it) is then filled with new thoughts, thoughts of happy submission and that the newly-minted servant of Light is not missing out on any delights of the flesh.

5) The potential for sweeter seductions. I am all over the sweet seduction. There's no longer explanation for this. Sweeter, "melting into it" type seductions are fun, and hot.

--------

Sorry again for rambling. And potential spamminess in the form of posting too much. And if this is off topic.
RainbowSevenRainbow
RainbowSevenRainbow

Back to top Go down

Expanding on the "Light-Corruption" thing Empty Re: Expanding on the "Light-Corruption" thing

Post  Rainday Thu May 24, 2012 10:28 pm

A very interesting interpretation, I like it a lot. After all, a goddess naturally cast a divine allure, no magical girl isn't spell bound by her beauty no matter her sexual orientation, and eagerly pledges herself to the goddess's service. They never question this, ever, it's as if they are instantly devoted to her. They desire nothing more than to be good little girls and carry out their goddess's will. To the magical girl, everything the goddess says is right and they would never thing of questioning it, and if her goal was to establish a yuri paradise once they "redeemed" the evil goddess, well, most would see the rightness in that. Even a hesitant magical girl would only require a touch from her to instantly throw away any boyfriend and worship her body with her tongue.

So yeah, could be fun, especially with something like a Pretty Cure series that will sometimes lack a hot villainess.

Last edited by Rainday on Fri May 25, 2012 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Expanding on the "Light-Corruption" thing Empty Re: Expanding on the "Light-Corruption" thing

Post  Kamenrider Fri May 25, 2012 5:01 am

i enjoy the fact that they are also made to face that now matter how pure hearted they are there can never be light without darkness
Kamenrider
Kamenrider

Back to top Go down

Post  RainbowSevenRainbow Sun May 27, 2012 6:40 pm

That's always the fun part--dark, lustful desires in an otherwise pure heart. I like that juxtaposition.

And the best part is, that at least the stuff I saw where a villain was brainwashed into being good (thing that comes closest to mind is that one stretch of time in Sailor Moon where random people became youma and Sailor Moon had to purify them), no one questions whether doing it makes them as bad as their enemies, or even if it could. It's just, "Here's a youma, go make it good".

I like how that could very easily be twisted. Like, there is no rule that says that a heroine cannot have a little fun with the new de-eviled person.
RainbowSevenRainbow
RainbowSevenRainbow

Back to top Go down

Post  creativerealms Thu May 31, 2012 4:10 pm

I never really thought of something like this. And true what really is the difference between corruption and purification. They can pretty much be the same thing just looking at it a different way.
creativerealms
creativerealms

Back to top Go down

Post  RainbowSevenRainbow Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:03 pm

creativerealms wrote:I never really thought of something like this. And true what really is the difference between corruption and purification. They can pretty much be the same thing just looking at it a different way.

It's kind of like the building damage done by superheroes. When the villains do it, it's a bad thing, when the heroes do it, it's okay because it's acceptable collateral damage. I think of the idea of Corruption versus Purification as being kinda like that. Collateral damage is fine as long as the general populace calls you 'Good'. That bit of turnabout always makes me smile a little.

Also, despite my dislike of stereotypical, black-leather-clad antiheroes, the idea of "Light" not always being conventionally "good", and "Good" not always being "nice", or even when that niceness takes on a sexier turn, is what hooks me.
RainbowSevenRainbow
RainbowSevenRainbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down