Charmed by Female Villains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under-used charmer potential (FFVI)

3 posters

Go down

Under-used charmer potential (FFVI) Empty Under-used charmer potential (FFVI)

Post  DoubleEdged Sat May 05, 2012 2:10 am

Sure, we all know of the Madam types, and have gotten well acquainted with them. What I don't really see are the enemies that are usually placed into the exact same vicinities: the Dancer types. So, just throwing out a charm story idea.

Owzer's mansion, Terra and Celes.
While trying to find their way through the mansion, they come to a dead end, and try to look for clues to getting through. They come across a painting. (In game, this would be of Misty) What they see is a woman shrouded in various silks, dancing among strange looking plants (Rafflesia) Of course, they get close enough, and find it's not just any painting, but by then, it's too late. Those plants have doused the air around them in strange toxins, numbing their minds, and can do nothing as the Dancer twirls about them mysteriously. They can't help but find themselves mystified and intrigued by her dancing. And finally, when their strength has fully given out, the dance stops. Suddenly, the Dancer's veils and cloths burst out in all directions, circling about the space, and they find that the woman underneath is a Misty. Some veils come to settle on the heroines, and Misty beckons to them. They slowly begin to dance, their pace quickening, their patterns becoming more fluid. And the more they dance, the more they become shrouded in more silk, until their unique traits are concealed (NOT CHANGED, just hidden), and they become anonymous dancers.

Epilogue: Heroes searching the mansion, they see a painting of a beautiful woman lounging on a loveseat while two dancers twirl about for her. They can't find any clues, so look elsewhere.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Under-used charmer potential (FFVI) Empty Re: Under-used charmer potential (FFVI)

Post  Rainday Sat May 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Sounds very hot dood, love the use of silk and you do great twist as always =)
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Under-used charmer potential (FFVI) Empty Re: Under-used charmer potential (FFVI)

Post  DoubleEdged Mon May 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Well, for that little bit, it was just the idea of the dance mesmerizing them, then they become the dancer they witnessed as they submit to a more commanding, sultry lady. I'm sure there's plenty of other ways to include them in charm stories. And like I said, those two are often featured in the exact same area (well, I can think of two off-hand: Zozo and Owzer's Mansion). Tag-team charming!

Under-used charmer potential (FFVI) 1c91fa11
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon May 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Oh shoot, you're right.

Wow... I could swear Barb-e/Coco was in the tower in Zozo...
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Mon May 07, 2012 6:18 pm

If you've got something you want to write for one of my old works, go for it, by all means.

That said, I'm really starting to feel something for the setting of Owzer's Mansion, charmers, and ladies in paintings; if you're wanting ideas from me. >_>
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Mon May 07, 2012 10:41 pm

I like where this is going ^__^

That being said, I have felt the dancing enemies from the FF series have been a little off the radar for the most part(with certain exceptions). But for the most part, that's because they are very ambiguously designed(with the exception of Cherie and the NPC dancers, it's hard to fine any feminine features). But yeah, more swaying seductive dancers peaking at you with a sensuous look from under their hoods and veils sounds freaking awesome.

Let's see, we got the NPC dancers from 1, 4, and 5, as well as Cherie, Sword Dancer, Shadow Dancer, and Slam Dancers and their variations... and now I'm reminded that I need to find the very rare artwork for all of them... Oh well, that's half the fun.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cherie
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_Dancer
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Dancer
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/SlamDancer

Also, awesome pic.

Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Tue May 08, 2012 1:29 am

You know what? Give me a day or so, and I think I might put something together on this.
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Thu May 10, 2012 3:20 am

Alright, here it is.

Unfortunately Lurker, I'll have to ask that you not caption this one. You'll see why that is though.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2xx50wqy4vqdfvi
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainday Thu May 10, 2012 3:30 pm

Ha ha, no problem, I still haven't gotten to that last thing because of my little rut. You did a great job with it too. Nice design for all the characters involved, and great story you weaved into there dood =)
Rainday
Rainday

Back to top Go down

Post  DoubleEdged Fri May 11, 2012 2:27 am

Meh, the closer I look at it, the worse I think I did with text layout. What I needed most of all was an outline for it, because colored text always looks awkward on colored backgrounds. You'd think GIMP would have an option like that. -.-
DoubleEdged
DoubleEdged

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamenrider Fri May 11, 2012 5:51 pm

yeah read really nice dude, really admire your skill with that program
Kamenrider
Kamenrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum